The Real "IRONY" for those who believe Brett is Selfish

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Post taken from another forum that I am in agreement with !!

The irony of the situation is that the longer he takes, the more the media are liable to label him as selfish. And yet, the reason he cant make up his mind is because he's determined not to be selfish.

The easiest choice for him as someone who can still play and wants to play is the 'selfish' option which is to come back for another year, earn another $10 million, throw the 24 TDs needed to break Marino's record and ignore whether the Packers end up 4-12 or similar knowing that he will still enter Canton and go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time.

The fact that that isnt even an option for him but instead what he wants is an improved Green Bay team speaks volume for his loyalty and character.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont you see the irony?

the longer he takes, so he doesn't act selfishly....is a selfish act.

(my opinion anyway. Come back BRETT!)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me he should say "You know what? No matter WHAT they do, i'm going to come back and give my all to try to take this team to the Super Bowl." To me, THAT would be NOT selfish.
Just my opinion.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
To me he should say "You know what? No matter WHAT they do, i'm going to come back and give my all to try to take this team to the Super Bowl." To me, THAT would be NOT selfish.
Just my opinion.

DITTO

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whew........i thought for SURE i would get instantly bashed for saying that. I know some will bash me, but i'm glad i'm NOT the only one that feels this way.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Whew........i thought for SURE i would get instantly bashed for saying that. I know some will bash me, but i'm glad i'm NOT the only one that feels this way.

I was going to, then I seen Prez give you his seal of approval and figured, bah I'll let it slide :p

j/k

I agree with you, for sure. It's a team sport and he shouldn't expect or request the Packers do to anything they wouldn't do if he wasn't there.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
cheesey said:
Just my opinion.

DITTO

Well, that's what he has done for 14 years and how does he get repaid ?

By basically being told by the fans that your good enough to play for us until we get Aaron ready now...but sorry Brett, your not good enough to spend "any" money on. Hey, we don't care what you did for us the last 14 years , weeeeeeeeees building for the future now. wooooo hooooo !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
IPBprez said:
cheesey said:
Just my opinion.

DITTO

Well, that's what he has done for 14 years and how does he get repaid ?

By basically being told by the fans that your good enough to play for us until we get Aaron ready now...but sorry Brett, your not good enough to spend "any" money on. Hey, we don't care what you did for us the last 14 years , weeeeeeeeees building for the future now. wooooo hooooo !!!

drinking a little early, aren't you?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was that from? He hasn't gotten repaid? He isn't a millionaire? We shouldn't think about what we have after he leaves at all? I don't think that he should be pushed out, and I don't think most fans or the management thinks so either but you can't be caught completely off guard by a retirement.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
What was that from? He hasn't gotten repaid? He isn't a millionaire? We shouldn't think about what we have after he leaves at all? I don't think that he should be pushed out, and I don't think most fans or the management thinks so either but you can't be caught completely off guard by a retirement.

Who has been taken off guard ? Both MM and TT have stated that the extra time givin Brett to make this decision has not affected the FA process.

The only people being affected by this waiting period are the fans that seem to need an answer asap.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM and TT are doing this thing where they are saying the right thing, instead of the honest thing. They are beeeing super extra sensitively nice to brett, handling him with kids gloves.

I dont like how its being handled (gasp! i criticized TT!).

They can say it didnt affect free agency all day, thats not true.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"They can see it didnt affect free agency all day, thats not true".

Now ! Who has been getting into the bottle early ?

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't believe that Ted would Lie trom, I must be drunk and reading this wrong ?

"They can say it didnt affect free agency all day, thats not true".

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted saying that is like brett saying "I like our offensive line" its the right thing to say(as a teammate) but that doesnt make it true.

its all about saying the right thing at this point, with Indecision 2006 continuing.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom, your giving me a headache and I will...need a drink if this keeps up.

Brett never said he likes our offensive line !!

Yeah, a good long drink, that's it so, I can see this whole situation with TT Tinted glasses and everything will be just fine !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was a....hypothetical quote.

you've heard players lie, about how good their teammates are.

you've heard coaches lie about how good their chances are this year.

etc

etc

etc

WOW, Winnipeg! jeez

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I like our offensive line. I like our running backs. I like our wide receivers. I like our tight ends. I'm a little weary on our quarterbacks mainly because we have Aaron and Brett without a third.

I don't like our defensive line-fully, I am okay with our linebackers, I am not okay with our secondary and we NEED a special teams group.

If we pick up Mario Williams he will make our LB's and DB's look better.

*** Disclaimer ***
This could change when I'm thinking more indepth about the overall roster.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah as of now our Offensive line PROBABLY reads like this:

Clifton/ ??????? /Wells/Tauscher/Barry

the question mark man hopefully will be a drafted rookie in the 2nd round.

as long as the line works together, and is consistent, thats a big part of the puzzle.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah as of now our Offensive line PROBABLY reads like this:

Clifton/ ??????? /Wells/Tauscher/Barry

the question mark man hopefully will be a drafted rookie in the 2nd round.

as long as the line works together, and is consistent, thats a big part of the puzzle.

with our history of OL... i'd rather use a 4th or 5th rounder on OL ... we seem to always get good ones in later rounds

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
SuperRat said:

Who has been taken off guard ? Both MM and TT have stated that the extra time givin Brett to make this decision has not affected the FA process.

The only people being affected by this waiting period are the fans that seem to need an answer asap.

The FACT is, as team management, they CAN'T put everything the Packers have on this one season, Favre already said IF he comes back, it's for ONE season only. What are they supposed to do after that? Close up Lambeau Field and say "Sorry fans, we blew it all on last year to try to pry Brett off his indecision......now we can't afford anything else." What IF they had done so, and they still had no decision from Favre? I love the guy (platonic) but he HAS held things back. If it were me running the team, i sure as heck wouldn't want to put all my eggs in one basket, while my MAYBE QB sits back and says "Gee......i don't know if i want the ball in the last 2 minutes anymore." Had he said "I'm CHOMPING at the BIT to get back out on the field........the Packers just need to SHOW me they are willing to do anything to get us there THIS year!" Maybe THEN i'd go for broke. But this "Gee.....i don't really know if i WANT to play" i sure as heck wouldn't throw everything at a definite "maybe" like that.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
YEAH..to hell with the past 14 years..right Cheesey...?

You can still build for the future and field a competitive team that can WIN NOW!

What part of this idea does TT not understand..??

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were competitive LAST year. They were in all but a few games. They will be competitive this year. They DON'T have to break the bank to do so. Look at Washington......or Al Davis in Oakland........they blow tons of money every year, yet they haven't been so great.
Like i said.......if Favre wants to be a leader, say "I'm coming back, and will do everything in MY power to win." We saw him flip the ball away when he could have run for a first down, and just do dumb things not to take a hit. Thats NOT the same guy we saw for the past 14 years. Maybe he IS mentally done, as he has stated. Bart Starr played a few years longer then he should have.........he was physically broken, but mentally he wanted to give his all for the team.
So......just WHAT did you think would have been the "magic pill" that would have guarenteed the Packers a Super Bowl berth, that TT supposedly missed?
The Patriots won 3 Super bowls in 4 years, without breaking the bank or paying big buck FA's.

Members online

Latest posts