The Real "IRONY" for those who believe Brett is Selfish

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why are you so cheap Cheesey...it ain't your money...???

We should call you "Cheapsey"..instead of Cheesey....lolololol...

(Favre to Owens..Touchdown...!!)

Would have been a beautiful thing man...

(Owens, Walker, Driver, Moulds = SB baby!)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66...climb back down the hole from whence you came. Choose to disagree with people, but the name calling is pretty pathetic.

First resort of the mentally weak, you know!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OWENS to anyone who will listen......."It's all ME man! Favre ain't NUTHIN' witout ME!"

And as far as "cheap"...........i think i will wait and see after a couple years how the guy does before i throw him to the dogs. I guess i believe in giving someone a chance before cutting his head off. I guess you don't.
That ok......you can disagree with me......I don't mind! You can be wrong if you want! LOLOL!!! :wink: :lol:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey, your argument just does not make sense because you fail to mention HOW he is "held this team back."

We have signed Free-Agents, we have A-Rod to be the next QB and our Defense is looking better every day. Noone wants the world to STOP for Brett.

What are we going to BLOW on one year? Have we signed guys to a bunch to 1 year contracts? Brett wants some players. No more Arturo Freemans or Raynoch Thompsons.

Brett is a man completely driven by competition. It's the end of his career and he is trying to get the best team possible on the field. Maybe Brett knows he can't do it all anymore. Brett is trying to force TT to do something that TT should be doing anyways, trying to build a winner.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jeez..lighten up digs....

....it was a joke man...

(Cheesey knows about jokes...Hell..the ones he tells are so old...I think he invented them...In another life, Cheesey must have been the first caveman to come up with a "joke"...)

(A man walks into a cave and says...)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owens was not the answer. Owens can infiltrate a team and destroy it from the inside out. I am happy with what TT has done this offseason but must address the Line with the Draft and think Woodson would help.

I don't want Owens, Allen, Etc. But I do expect more than Earl Little and Matt O'Dwyer.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Jeez..lighten up digs....

....it was a joke man...

(Cheesey knows about jokes...Hell..the ones he tells are so old...I think he invented them...In another life, Cheesey must have been the first caveman to come up with a "joke"...)

(A man walks into a cave and says...)

(A man walks into a cave and says...Well P@ck66! You here to tell the cave builder what a crappy job he has done so far on the cave drawings???LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle said: "Cheesey, your argument just does not make sense because you fail to mention HOW he is "held this team back."

Ok.....here is how,........HOW can you properly plan on HOW to build your team, if you have NO commitment from the guy you HOPE will be behind center? You go 2 different ways if you are building for ONE year, as opposed to starting over with Mr. Rodgers. Had Favre said YES! I'm coming BACK! THEN maybe i'd be upset that they didn't do as much. But the man would NOT COMMIT! Right after the season Favre was talking as if he was sure he was done. So, THAT is how i see that he held it all back. He COULD have put the ball in the management's court by coming out right away and saying "I'm coming back, but i want a say in WHO they bring in, as this will be my last year." Put all the cards on the table, and let EVERYONE see whats really going on. But he chose to hee and haw for 3 months. I don't think he WANTS to anymore, and if thats so, he SHOULD retire. He won't be doing anyone a favor by coming back half hearted.
I appreciate all he did, and he IS a multi millionaire because of it. He DID get paid......he didn't do it for free. He was just one of the lucky few that get to do something they LOVE, and make a fortune doing it.
I'd love to see him behind center, if he's really into it. Then, there is NO better then him in football in my opinion.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Pyle said: "Cheesey, your argument just does not make sense because you fail to mention HOW he is "held this team back."

Ok.....here is how,........HOW can you properly plan on HOW to build your team, if you have NO commitment from the guy you HOPE will be behind center? You go 2 different ways if you are building for ONE year, as opposed to starting over with Mr. Rodgers. Had Favre said YES! I'm coming BACK! THEN maybe i'd be upset that they didn't do as much. But the man would NOT COMMIT! Right after the season Favre was talking as if he was sure he was done. So, THAT is how i see that he held it all back. He COULD have put the ball in the management's court by coming out right away and saying "I'm coming back, but i want a say in WHO they bring in, as this will be my last year." Put all the cards on the table, and let EVERYONE see whats really going on. But he chose to hee and haw for 3 months. I don't think he WANTS to anymore, and if thats so, he SHOULD retire. He won't be doing anyone a favor by coming back half hearted.
I appreciate all he did, and he IS a multi millionaire because of it. He DID get paid......he didn't do it for free. He was just one of the lucky few that get to do something they LOVE, and make a fortune doing it.
I'd love to see him behind center, if he's really into it. Then, there is NO better then him in football in my opinion.

TT has already stated several times that his plans for the team are the same with or without Favre. He is obviously building this team for the future and not for a one year run with overpriced FAs.

That building process is the same if either Favre or Rodgers is under center this season. TT's plans are obvious: improve the defense, strong running game and let young prospects earn their role. These plans will help either QB. With Brett we could be looking at a playoff run. With Rodgers, TT is trying to get the tool to give him the best chance to succeed. Either way, the plans for the team in the offseason are the same!

GO PACK GO!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and without really saying what would be acceptable to him in the moves being made really puts TT and the organization between a rock and a hard place.

For example, say we DID sign Hutchinson and T.O. to big contracts and BF still decides to call it quits. GEEZ. That would be brilliant. Jepordize the future of the team for what?

It's asking a lot to get into an ALL IN poker game. Putting everthing into a team to win in one year. Big gamble. If if doesn't work out(see Washington) the franchise will suffer for years.

I would love nothing more than to see Brett come back and the team win a SB. But at what cost? Too see the team, after Brett leaves, fall into an abyss that takes years to recover?

I mean think about it. We sign some big time contracts that we're stuck with, Brett retires, we can't resign a lot of guys we want to keep cause we're capped out, and, we have little hope to recover.

The problem is that what Brett is asking for is going to affect this team for years to come. Long after he is gone and that's asking a lot. I mean these big time players don't want one year deals.

Is that being selfish? I don't know. But it might be foolish.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Favre has all the way up to a couple days before the draft to decide without "hurting the team." Rodgers is being prepared to take the starting job, so whether or not Favre retires at this point is irrelevant. People are acting like every day that passes and Favre doesn't retire is another blow to Green Bay.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Yeah, and without really saying what would be acceptable to him in the moves being made really puts TT and the organization between a rock and a hard place.

For example, say we DID sign Hutchinson and T.O. to big contracts and BF still decides to call it quits. GEEZ. That would be brilliant. Jepordize the future of the team for what?

It's asking a lot to get into an ALL IN poker game. Putting everthing into a team to win in one year. Big gamble. If if doesn't work out(see Washington) the franchise will suffer for years.

I would love nothing more than to see Brett come back and the team win a SB. But at what cost? Too see the team, after Brett leaves, fall into an abyss that takes years to recover?

I mean think about it. We sign some big time contracts that we're stuck with, Brett retires, we can't resign a lot of guys we want to keep cause we're capped out, and, we have little hope to recover.

The problem is that what Brett is asking for is going to affect this team for years to come. Long after he is gone and that's asking a lot. I mean these big time players don't want one year deals.

Is that being selfish? I don't know. But it might be foolish.

Once again, TT has continually said that his offseason moves and plans for the team are the same with or without Favre. He's held up that statement by not going for those big ticket FAs that might help a 1 year run. Instead he's looking to sign players at market value contracts who are young and show potential.

You can say what-if all you like, but the proof shows that TT is true to his word. He's making the moves that he feels are best for building a solid team. I disagree with some, but that's similar to any of us fans. Still, there's no question that TT would have made the same moves had Favre said 2006 is his last season before FA started.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just don't get it Bobby!

Warhawk says "what if we brought in Owens and Hutchinson and Brett still calls it quits?" That makes no sense. Like we would be stuck with 2 terrible players or something.

Cheesey, you don't go 2 different directions on your team just because you do not know who is going to be under center. Either way you try to surround THAT GUY with the best possible talent. It does not make a Difference if it is Brett Favre,A-Rod or Ryan Leaf. You give your QB a shot no matter if he is GREAT or HORRIBLE.

The only crutch that your argument could stand on is if you say "We could have gone a different direction AT THE QB SPOT"

We have Brett, if he goes we have A-Rod. What you do with the surrounding parts should be the same either way. It seems to me you are saying......

If Brett would have announced he was coming back right away GB should have made a commitment to win or not, by either signing or not signing players. If they chose to not focus on winning Brett could have retired.

Why the hell should they have to discuss a COMMITMENT TO WINNING??????

So if A-Rod is our QB its OK to surround him by TERRIBLE, CHEAP players?
Talk about setting someone up to fail.

I just don't get it, sorry!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Remember Mike McCarthy saying the team isn't going to rely on the QB nearly as much as the previous teams did? Perhaps thats why there is no immediate rush to find a replacement for Brett if he were to retire. Perhaps they feel confident that Rodgers is good enough to NOT lost them games and they have a lot of confidence (maybe too much) in the system they are installing.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think its a matter of 'FEELING CONFIDENT' or not. He is next in line. There is no immediate rush because A-ROD was drafted as our future last year. If he falls flat on his face we will pursue a replacement then.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and all that's great if we were one or two guys from being really good. The truth is we are REALLY hurting when it comes to depth and we have to get some linebackers, Guards, depth at corner, DE, and, other positions.

And where is signing Pickett, Manuel, Kampman, Green, our FB, and considered "terrible players". Not in my book.

And if we did sign these big money guys to multi-year contracts and straps the cap and Rodgers busts you'll be screaming for TT's head for not having the $ to get somebody else.

Don't for a minute think TT or this organization is going to paint themselves into a corner and buy into that "it doesn't matter who the QB is" crap.
He will have an opportunity, a short window, to show he can cut it. If not, TT will make sure he's got the cash to go buy one.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyledriver said:"Cheesey, you don't go 2 different directions on your team just because you do not know who is going to be under center. Either way you try to surround THAT GUY with the best possible talent. It does not make a Difference if it is Brett Favre,A-Rod or Ryan Leaf. You give your QB a shot no matter if he is GREAT or HORRIBLE."

This just isn't true. If you have a guy thats new, like Rodgers behind center, you KNOW he doesn't have the talent (yet) and expierience of a Favre! So you might go after younger guys that will develope at the same time as Rodgers. Where if Favre is there, you can go after veterans that will compliment him. Two TOTTALY different situations. If you have Ryan Leaf as QB, WHY spend zillions on a great WR? That would be a HUGE waste. You might as well put a piece of prime rib on top of a pile of dog crap. If you have a lousy QB, you spend more on other areas (like defense) to try to make your team stronger. It doesn't make sense to go after great WR's if you have no one to throw the ball to them. Then you go after a stronger running back. It DOES make a difference.
Of course, the Packers have NO idea yet WHO is going to be QB.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can we PLEASE try to remember that TT, the man himself, said that whatever moves they made in the off-season had nothing to do with favre staying or leaving?!? i think that speaks volumes. agree with TT or not - that's what he said - end, finito, fin!!!!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
can we PLEASE try to remember that TT, the man himself, said that whatever moves they made in the off-season had nothing to do with favre staying or leaving?!? i think that speaks volumes. agree with TT or not - that's what he said - end, finito, fin!!!!

Smartest Blonde I know :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
4packgirl said:

Isn't that an OXYMORON??? LOLOLOL!!!! :lol:

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
4packgirl said:

Isn't that an OXYMORON??? LOLOLOL!!!! :lol:

HE HE HE :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now.......for all you blondes out there..........an "Oxymoron" does NOT mean an unintelligent OX............LOLOLOL!!!! :lol:

(Hey, i can MAKE these jokes.........I'M blonde!!!)LOLOL!!! :lol:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey that thinking is nuts. Did you watch the Steelers this year? Did they say, "well, since Rothlisburguer is a 2nd year guy we don't need to put any talent around him."

They surrounded the guy with veteran talent and all he had to do was not LOSE games.

It makes no sense. So lets throw in Rogers with a bunch of scrap heap players and then when he sucks we can cut him. Then he can go elsewhere and be surrounded by talent and not have to do everything and become a good QB.

You are setting the guy up for failure. Lets cut DD,Tauscher,Franks,KGB,Harris and start preparing for 10 years down the road.

Do you own a car? Assuming you do lets make a comparison.The coach is the driver and the wheels are the QB that make it go.

When all your parts are fully functioning and it is driven right, it runs like a dream. What happens when you get a flat tire? Do you replace every part on the car because your tire went flat? Of course not!

If anything you must surround A-Rod with decent players, so he can learn the game WITHOUT having to carry this team. Please take a step back and look at what you are saying.

I know you are getting impatient with the Favre deal and are looking for a way to pin this on him, as others are, but at least make an argument that makes sense. I respect you and am not trying to insult you at all but C'mon, that is the most bogus thing I have ever heard.

I guess if A-Rod is our QB we should just forfeit the next 5 years because you don't believe we should sign any talent to go around him.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor Brett Favre. After all he has done for the Green Bay Packers and he has gotten nothing in return.

Nothing but millions of dollars in salary, surrounding him with pro-bowl players which resulted in a hall of fame career and a Super Bowl ring, giving him special treatment as far as reporting to camp with the rest of his "lesser" teammates and now treating him as if they are waiting for the Pope to die before electing the new one.

Maybe he needs to remember sitting on the bench in Atlanta once upon a time and realize that he does indeed owe the Packers a great deal.

Members online

Latest posts