First mock draft for the 2024 season

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
In pre-season 2023 there were 3 guys for two spots. Tom, Myers and Nijman...but Tom ended up at Tackle because Nijman was worse at Tackle than Myers was at Center...yes folks I said that and you read it correctly. Myers who was abysmal this year at Center, was better there than Nijman was at Tackle during camp and pre-season.
I think Myers was inconsistent, not abysmal. My suspicion is the Packers staff sees it that way too. Myers got almost all the center snaps this year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Myers was inconsistent, not abysmal. My suspicion is the Packers staff sees it that way too. Myers got almost all the center snaps this year.
This is my thought as well. If an upgrade presents itself I'm sure the Packers will take it but I don't think it will be a high priority. I don't think they are thinking "we have to find a replacement for Meyers" If I am not mistaken weren't a lot of people high on Meyers before the season. Didn't he do pretty well last year and the year before. I seem to recall a lot of people being OK that they moved on from Linsley because Meyers was waiting in the wings. Maybe 2023 was just a down year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If they draft a center, I think it would be looking more towards the guy playing in '25 because I believe Myers contract expires after next season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they draft a center, I think it would be looking more towards the guy playing in '25 because I believe Myers contract expires after next season.

I also believe a center specific pick will be late Day3 or UDFA one more year, UNLESS of course a guy falls beyond what they feel he should and I think Gute picks him anywhere then.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I also believe a center specific pick will be late Day3 or UDFA one more year, UNLESS of course a guy falls beyond what they feel he should and I think Gute picks him anywhere then.
Tyni, any Centers out there that you like a lot?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyni, any Centers out there that you like a lot?
JPJ, that kid I am 100% with fine even if Gute is like, screw take him Day1.

Outside of him I’ve cooled on Sedrick Van Pran some but he and Drake Nugent are my next couple centers I really really like but personally I don’t know if I’d take them before the third.

A name I think folks should maybe keep in mind is Dylan McMahon from NC State. Has been a starter at all three interior positions and I think could be a Day3 guy that depending on need could surprise people at guard or be the 2025 center replacement after a year.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few years back I did a mock where I accepted almost all trades on days one and two. My first pick was round 4. I ended with about about 20 picks day 3, half a dozen firsts, and a dozen seconds the following year.
You must have needed a bigger mock bus!

Altheparkguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Doing my first mock draft of the post-2023 season. I am in NO way trying to steal tyni's thunder. I love doing these things as much as he does. At best he and I are Kiper and McShay (Me being McShay...the guy who got fired)

I'm doing this mock on nflmockdraftdatabase.com. Speed fast, free for all settings. So here we go

Pick 25 is being flipped to Buffalo for Picks 28, 60, 128, 158 and 201 of the 2024 draft.

Pick 28 Kameron Kinchens S Miami: Admittedly not a guy I've seen play but highly rated in any and all mocks I've seen. Slight stretch drafting the #31 rated player at 28...but this is a need position.

Pick 41 Kris Jenkins DL Michigan: It was really tough for me not to go S S 1 and 2 with Nubin sitting there. But I'm looking at Kenny Clark going into his 12th season and knowing that whomever it is we probably have to have the NEXT guy ready in the next 2 years.

Pick 58 Blake Corum RB Michigan: Same basic principal as Jenkins. We need to have the NEXT guy for when 33 is injured or no longer affective within the next 2 years.

Pick 60 Edgerin Cooper LB Texas A&M: SEC linebacker, same size as Quay *2 pounds lighter* at a position we need to get younger and better at.

Pick 88 Cooper Beebe IOL Kansas State: Big road grader. late 2nd round grade picking him up late 3rd. Our interior O-Line is a mess, and now with Runyan being a free agent we need to fill holes here.

Pick 91 Javon Bullard S Georgia: Big game experience at Georgia. We all know whether we'll admit it or not we need to rebuild and improve the safety room. Bullard has a early 3rd grade and picking him up late 3rd.

Pick 126 is flipped to the Ravens for Picks 132, 165 and 225

Pick 128 is flipped to the Saints for picks 148, 168 and 172

Pick 132 Cam Hart CB Notre Dame: In the past I've HATED all the CB picks as most haven't turned out. Hart late 4 I think is a safe bet. Could step in opposite Valentine if it's needed or FOR Valentine.

Pick 148 Tommy Eichenberg LB Ohio State: Drafting multiple linebackers to me does 2 things. 1.) Gets that multi year starter with Quay that isn't 30 years old and 2.) Gets McDuffie who is STILL lost in the passing game either relegated to ST only, or to the unemployment line.

Pick 158 Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M: Whether it's Doubbs or Toure no one has stepped up into that Randall Cobb role. At 5'10 200 maybe he's that guy or maybe he's a returner for the Packers.

Pick 165 is being flipped to San Francisco for Picks 175 and 208

Pick 166 Roger Rosengarten T Washington: Bakhtiari's size, and we don't need him to play LT necessarily. Slot him at RT and you can move Tom inside where he would be dominant for years.

Pick 168 Javion Cohen IOL Miami: Knowing we have to move Myers out, and either move Tom in OR draft someone...on top of now hearing Runyan might not be back this is a solid pick drafting a guy with a late 4th round grade in Round 5.

Pick 172 Austin Booker EDGE Kansas: Depth pick. Gonna be moving on from Preston soon and training as many guys as you can at a deep position makes sense to me.

Pick 175 is being flipped to the Saints for picks 191 and 200

Pick 191 is beintg flipped to Cleveland for picks 204 and 209 as I didn't like anyone on the board at or near the draft spot

Pick 200 AJ Barner TE Michigan: McCarthy's safety blanket all year. Solid guy good hands is he gonna come in and push the top 2 for playing time. Can he slot in easily as the #3 or #4 TE on your team? Yes (And with the previous trade I got him 9 spots later...i.e. less money)

Pick 201 Frank Gore Jr RB Southern Miss: Reasong given with other RBs, and let's see if he has what his dad did.

Pick 203 Malik Mustapha S Wake Forrest: We know the DB room is weak at Safety. We know we need to hit on 2...we need to draft more than 2.

Pick 204 Jordan Jefferson DL LSU: Thinking again with the Kenny Clark situation a couple years down the line we need to be training guys to take that spot

Pick 208 Trevor Keegan IOL Michigan: We need Interior line guys.

Pick 209 Brandon Coker T TCU: We need bodies in the O-Line room and fresh bodies. Not only do we have a couple holes with the starting 5 we have canyons at the depth spots.

Pick 215 Myles Harden CB South Dakota: YES I actually drafted multiple CBs, but for a good reason. I have a hunch with Rasul gone to Buffalo and with 23's attitude issues he may be gone as well.

Pick 225 Edefuan Ulofoshio LB: Best available

Pick 242 Will Reichart K Alabama: Let's do an Iron Bowl competition at K and see if Carlson can rise to the occassion.

Pick 250 Omar Speights LB LSU: Prototypical size range, though on the shorter side *Personal preferrences* saw him play this year. Can understand why he's a day 3...can't understand why he has a late 6 grade, and why I'm able to get him late 7.

I fully understand there's no way we're getting this many draft picks, but I am interested in everyone's thoughts.

I had wanted to draft Sam Hartman but by the time I thought he was worth the pick he was gone. Could've gotten Joe Milton round 4, didn't see enough of him this year so went another way.
Just want to leave draft with Cooper Dejean, and early OT, Luke McCaffery, an athletic RB with good hands, and a bunch big tough fast ILB, OLB, and DBs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this upcoming draft. I will be watching Gute score some big picks and also it will be fun to watch how the Bears and Panthers squander their picks. I was shocked to see that the team with the worst record in the NFL in 2023 (Panthers) only has 4 picks and no first rounders. Of course, they got fleeced by the Bears for that #1 pick in the 2023 draft, so that they could draft Bryce Young. Let's hope the Bears use the #1 pick in the 2024 draft for another failed QB to pair with Justine Fields.

While I am someone who loves to see the Packers with high picks in the draft, I am just fine with the 2023 results. While their success landed the Packers with the 25th pick in each round, it wasn't without major benefits. It appears that Love is legit and that reduces the need for a high pick to try and land a quality QB, which seems to be a crapshoot as of late in the draft. Second, the receiving group looks legit, another area the Packers shouldn't need to spend a high pick. Finally, Barry was bad enough to finally get his walking papers, Gute should be able to further improve the defense via Free Agency and the bundle of draft picks that he has.

Final note, how about trading Bahk to one of either Jets, Bears or Panthers, they are bound to land a high pick in whatever round they can fleece one of those teams for.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Final note, how about trading Bahk to one of either Jets, Bears or Panthers, they are bound to land a high pick in whatever round they can fleece one of those teams for.

Trading Bakh is crazy hard....think of it this way...you're asking a team to trade not just for a guy that has played just 13 games in three seasons....not just a guy that has had half dozen operations/surgeries in the last three years...not just a guy that is over 32 years of age....not just a guy with only one year and about $20M hit to who is getting him as it sits....not only a guy that will not be able to pass a physical and therefore that will have to be waived in the trade likely....

To me, Bakh is worth on the trade market no more than a conditional 7th to start that sure you can escalate up a ton if you can hash that out, but long shot...

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just want to leave draft with Cooper Dejean, and early OT, Luke McCaffery, an athletic RB with good hands, and a bunch big tough fast ILB, OLB, and DBs.
Agree with most of this except OLB. I've looked at BC's highlights last year. Alot of our OLBs are gonna become DE in the new scheme. Our LBs will be 2nd level and if that's the case as it was when Hawk/Barnett and co. were here we're not gonna need classic OLBs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Trading Bakh is crazy hard....think of it this way...you're asking a team to trade not just for a guy that has played just 13 games in three seasons....not just a guy that has had half dozen operations/surgeries in the last three years...not just a guy that is over 32 years of age....not just a guy with only one year and about $20M hit to who is getting him as it sits....not only a guy that will not be able to pass a physical and therefore that will have to be waived in the trade likely....

To me, Bakh is worth on the trade market no more than a conditional 7th to start that sure you can escalate up a ton if you can hash that out, but long shot...
Yeah, I agree and was purely joking. Nobody is going to pick up Bahk's current contract. The only way someone even considers it, is if he is medically cleared and redoes his current contract. Spotrak lists him as having a $9.5M roster bonus for 2024. I can't find any info on whether that is true and if it locks in on the 3rd day of the new league year (middle of March) or its a per game. If it's one that kicks in next month, the Packers will get less, if anything and potentially just have to outright cut him.

Only scenario that I see keeping him in GB is if he is willing to tear up his current contract and play for cheap. Which still doesn't get the Packers off the hook for his $19+ M dead cap.

The piper has arrived and sadly it is time to pay him.

Members online

Latest posts