He is who he is

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that’s a perfectly valid opinion to hold.

Care to make a list of QBs who are currently playing worse than Love?
I don’t watch every qb. And every game. You watch every game?

again

if a hof qb says love isn’t the main reason I’ll go with him

b4 you or anyone else jumps on me

love isnt playing good. He needs help. Serious help .. however

Answer This

last year with Rodgers? Was that team overall better talent on offense? PLEASE ANSWER

this year Is the online playing well? Are the wr and te helping when the ball is there? Is the coaching staff doing all they can to help?

Reaction score
as far as help? in 2021 Trevor was the only Rookie on the Jaguars Offense. The rest was average to slightly young with 43 combined accrued seasons between 10 starters. The result was a 3-14 record.

The Packers Offense around Jordan has 23 accrued seasons. If you added in Jordan to level the playing field it’s a 27 accrued seasons Offense in 2023, but that’s a little unfair because how many position groups sit on the bench for 3 seasons. No other team comes close to the youth in Green Bay. We’re the youngest Offense in the NFL in both accrued seasons AND snaps and no one comes anywhere close.

I’m not making excuses, I don’t need to because I’m telling you guys here and now that this entire OFFENSE will get better. I’m not alone. Rodgers and others who have intricate knowledge are saying similar. We need a full season and possibly adding in a good, outside FA veteran (my idea) plus plugging a top 5-10 selection (Think of a young Bulaga) OR plugging another pair of top 50 selections. Plus another accrued season across our entire Offense. It’s going to smooth out, be patient with Gute as he’s actually pretty good at acquiring talent at reasonable compensation.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
as far as help? in 2021 Trevor was the only Rookie on the Jaguars Offense. The rest was young with just 43 combined accrued seasons.

The Packers Offense around Jordan has #23 accrued seasons.
It’s all Loves fault . Doesn’t matter about anyone else is what im hearing

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it’s not so much about the “price” but rather the “intent” if that makes sense.

It would be one thing to have approached the draft with the mindset of “let’s plan on reinforcing the team, but if a too-good-to-pass-up deal falls our way, we’ll take it” (like Rodgers falling to us in the first place) but another thing to go out of your way to pursue your replacement. That’s what I mean by “conscious decision” - that the team made an intentional decision to start the replacement process rather than invest in the current window (which of course left us in a weird limbo for a few years, as we all know. But that’s not really the matter here).

Anyways I say all that to illustrate that the point isn’t about how much Love “cost” (at least not in a draft equity sense) but that the club was very much convinced that he was their guy, went out of their way to get him (electing to prioritize the future, arguably at the expense of the present) and now four years later seemingly find ourselves still not entirely sure if he’s the going to be that guy for us or not.

Ultimately I think the bottom line is that if you asked Gute and Co if this is what they thought they’d have four years after drafting Love, if they’re being honest there’s no way they’d say they drafted him with this expectation in mind. And that doesn’t mean that’s all Love’s fault, but point being that I’m 100% Gute and LaFleur had higher expectations for where we’d be under Love right now so I don’t think it’s unreasonable for fans to have higher expectations, too.
For me personally it wasn't just the Love pick. If they were that high on Love, down on AR were convinced he was a steal at that spot then okay I guess. Then get possible current help with the next 2 picks. Nope they take another 2 guys for the future and the MLF system. What made it even worse for me is that IMO neither one of those guys were anywhere near the spots they were drafted on any other teams boards. We will never know, but I firmly believe this.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I like the Love pick? Nope. Have I changed my mind about the Love pick? Nope. Do I think the offense around Love is any good? Nope. Do I think Love has played well? Nope. Do I think it is all his fault? Nope. Do I think he should be benched? Nope. Do I think they should draft a QB this draft? Nope. Do I get a CHUCKLE out of reading from the guys who wanted Rodgers gone partly because they were tired of his off field issues using the fact that Rodgers says Love is not the problem and is a good QB as part of their reasoning for believing in Love. HECK YES!!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I know you had to see thar play which Jonathan Vilma hollered about yesterday. 3rd and 1 and no one blocks the nose tackle at all. I mean do you even have to coach that? That is a given even before HS football. And the nose tackle had to be surprised. A couple years ago I saw that on one of Crosby's FG tries in KC. It was like door's open come on in. Cost us 3 big points in a close game.
The way I saw it; Meyers went the wrong way.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love is throwing almost everything underneath. Is that play calling or doesn't he trust himself to go beyond 15-20 very often? Play around him is bad with way too many penalties and drops. That said, why no deep passes to Watson just to keep the defense honest? Packers are flat, undisciplined with terrible play calling. MFL appears to be clueless. One bad game us understandable but their offense is atrocious.
Watson appears to have cement hands. He's fast and athletic but I don't know if he is an NFL caliber WR. Of course his development has been hampered by injuries so that isn't helping anything either.

I didn't get to see the game but someone on another board posted clips of at least a dozen passes by Love that were dropped plus another where Reed let the defender rip the ball away.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drops are a huge problem. Shows how undisciplined this team is. Part of the problem is that the lack of a downfield passing game constricts the field and contributes to poor separation. While Love's poor accuracy has contributed to contested catches and drops, I think they still have to try and get the ball to Watson and Murgrave on deeper routes. A constricted field is a disaster for offenses in the NFL.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did I like the Love pick? Nope. Have I changed my mind about the Love pick? Nope. Do I think the offense around Love is any good? Nope. Do I think Love has played well? Nope. Do I think it is all his fault? Nope. Do I think he should be benched? Nope. Do I think they should draft a QB this draft? Nope. Do I get a CHUCKLE out of reading from the guys who wanted Rodgers gone partly because they were tired of his off field issues using the fact that Rodgers says Love is not the problem and is a good QB as part of their reasoning for believing in Love. HECK YES!!
Love how you twist peoples words.

keep it up buddy

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
When we made the conscious decision to eschew investing and making a push to go all-in on the tail-end of Rodgers’ prime for favor of trading up to draft a guy many had labeled as a “project” QB, I expected that after three years of “development” he wouldn’t be in the conversation for “worst QBs in the league” after half a season.

Maybe that makes me unrealistic or naive or just spoiled by success, but yeah, I expected more (and if we’re being honest I think Gute and co tried to sell us on “more,” too)
After game 2, how much help has he had from coach, receivers and offensive line?

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After game 2, how much help has he had from coach, receivers and offensive line?
I’ve already addressed that ad nauseam in other posts… these things do not have to be mutually exclusive. It can be true that Love has not been particularly well-supported while also being true that he has simply not done enough with what support he has been given.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan hasn't played well..

But man... this OL and the WR corp is just NOT good...blame it on youth for sure, but this isn't a super talented, polished team yet
I really noticed the WR issues this past weekend. Half of the guys tried to play with skillets for hands.

Is it OL issues as a whole, or is it that Walker's with very little experience at a high stress position has had 2 bad games in a row?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve already addressed that ad nauseam in other posts… these things do not have to be mutually exclusive. It can be true that Love has not been particularly well-supported while also being true that he has simply not done enough with what support he has been given.
Is Love aware that he is playing for a big contract?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I saw it; Meyers went the wrong way.
How many times do they practice that simple play? How long has Meyers been playing. You need a yard. This is as simple as Jerry Kramer blocking Jethro Pugh. A QB sneak might have gotten more. No need for tricks.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we made the conscious decision to eschew investing and making a push to go all-in on the tail-end of Rodgers’ prime for favor of trading up to draft a guy many had labeled as a “project” QB, I expected that after three years of “development” he wouldn’t be in the conversation for “worst QBs in the league” after half a season.

Maybe that makes me unrealistic or naive or just spoiled by success, but yeah, I expected more (and if we’re being honest I think Gute and co tried to sell us on “more,” too)
So what did you say when Favre threw 24 INTs when he was 24yrs old (his second season with GB) with a completion % only a few higher than Love? Were you mad at Wolf for trading away a 1st round pick?

I just don't understand what people thought was going to happen when Rodgers was gone. It's not about what we were "sold" by management. They are trying out a QB that has talent and will have to suffer through a lot of bad to see if there is something good. That is pretty standard in the NFL. Thinking Love was going to click like our two previous HOF quarterbacks is utterly unrealistic (hoping for it is just fine). I'm also unaware of what better options we had in terms of QB transition.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst thing Love and the Packers did was start so well....it only made the fall to realistic struggles unbearable for many.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times do they practice that simple play? How long has Meyers been playing. You need a yard. This is as simple as Jerry Kramer blocking Jethro Pugh. A QB sneak might have gotten more. No need for tricks.
For the record; Bowman was also blocking on Pugh. Poor Pugh. A good football player and having to live with that play for so long. Not that I wish for the alternative. :)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hang on...how in the world does being annoyed by ones off field antics and just disagreeing with a leadership style mean someone is ignorant enough of a fool to disregard that persons' ability to perhaps know more about QB capabilities than most?

LOL dear lord that would be insanely shortsighted...I mean I HATED Bob Knights' whole entire personality and coaching style...but when he broke things down in an interview or such I freaking listened - he was no fool.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what did you say when Favre threw 24 INTs when he was 24yrs old (his second season with GB) with a completion % only a few higher than Love? Were you mad at Wolf for trading away a 1st round pick?

I just don't understand what people thought was going to happen when Rodgers was gone. It's not about what we were "sold" by management. They are trying out a QB that has talent and will have to suffer through a lot of bad to see if there is something good. That is pretty standard in the NFL. Thinking Love was going to click like our two previous HOF quarterbacks is utterly unrealistic (hoping for it is just fine). I'm also unaware of what better options we had in terms of QB transition.
Look, if things are going just as you expected they would with Love and you’re perfectly content with how he’s developed, that’s your opinion and that’s fine. I don’t share that opinion, and that’s fine too.

Reaction score
It’s all Loves fault . Doesn’t matter about anyone else is what im hearing
Amen. Love has to share in the blame of all 11 guys and from what I’m hearing he does. All 11 need to play a little more consistent.

First and foremost we need to have a reasonable goal of -20 yards per Half in penalty yardage in all phases combined. There needs to be consequences for repeat Offenders. Pull repeaters from the game to send a clear message like Old school, Old Style :whistling:
-50 yards in penalties per half is a disaster that I’m not sure a HOF QB can overcome.

Plus our HC needs to continue to evaluate and make adjustments maybe using a 2-minute Offense early in etc.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record; Bowman was also blocking on Pugh. Poor Pugh. A good football player and having to live with that play for so long. Not that I wish for the alternative. :)
But that was the Packers. Execution. Kramer knew where the play was going because they consulted each other. But those are the results that happen with a HOF QB, HOF G, and a HOF Coach.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I really noticed the WR issues this past weekend. Half of the guys tried to play with skillets for hands.

Is it OL issues as a whole, or is it that Walker's with very little experience at a high stress position has had 2 bad games in a row?
It's not only Walker picking up penalties. Runyan, Musgrave and Jenkins have ruined drives as well.

Members online

Latest posts