He is who he is

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Amen. Love has to share in the blame of all 11 guys and from what I’m hearing he does. All 11 need to play a little more consistent.

First and foremost we need to have a reasonable goal of -20 yards per Half in penalty yardage in all phases combined. There needs to be consequences for repeat Offenders. Pull repeaters from the game to send a clear message like Old school, Old Style :whistling:
-50 yards in penalties per half is a disaster that I’m not sure a HOF QB can overcome.

Plus our HC needs to continue to evaluate and make adjustments maybe using a 2-minute Offense early in etc.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Carry on. The old get personal when the debate is not going your way. Classic.
Nahhh

ive given very valid points but you twist it around . you were the one mocking my opinion and too afraid to mention my name. So it’s ok for you to mock me? But I lash back and now you ridicule me? Funny you’re older than I am. No wonder you so cranky

That’s twice in last 2 months you put words to my typing. (And both times won’t call me out )

stop adding false narratives to my posts

thanks

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But that was the Packers. Execution. Kramer knew where the play was going because they consulted each other. But those are the results that happen with a HOF QB, HOF G, and a HOF Coach.
I don't think Kramer knew anything but that Starr was going to give the ball to Chuck Mercein.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Kramer knew anything but that Starr was going to give the ball to Chuck Mercein.
Starr did not tell anyone in the huddle. But Kramer discussed with Starr and Lombardi earlier in the week that in a goal situation he noticed that Pugh's stance was elevated and he thought that he could get position under him just enough to clear space. Starr remembered that. So did Kramer. Now Kramer knew the call to Mercein but he also knew that Starr was that kind of a field general who may just do that in light of the fact that the 2 previous plays on the ice slipped.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nahhh

ive given very valid points but you twist it around . you were the one mocking my opinion and too afraid to mention my name. So it’s ok for you to mock me? But I lash back and now you ridicule me? Funny you’re older than I am. No wonder you so cranky

That’s twice in last 2 months you put words to my typing. (And both times won’t call me out )

stop adding false narratives to my posts

thanks
I did not specifically point you out because I was referring to multiple posters.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Said years ago that Matt Lafleurs scheme was too vanilla and had a lot of window dressing. Here we are 7 weeks into the season with life after Rodgers and we are in the bottom part of the league. Love has the lowest completion rate of any starting QB in the league. Let that sink in…this is a guy who’s been in the same system going on 4 years now. So who is to blame for the offensive woes?

Instead of seeing Love progress and get better as the season goes along the guy actually looks to be getting worse week by week. The excuse that this is his first season starting isn’t going to cut it…same system sam playbook since he’s entered th league. You’re telling the Texans have better personnel than the Packers on offense? With a rookie QB? You literally have to keep Loves attempts downfield to a Minimum. Every play should be called with the mindset of we have to be in 2nd and short 3rd and short. When you ask him to try and keep a drive going on third and long or push the ball downfield you are asking for trouble. He’s either underthrown the ball or has been inaccurate. His terrible read and throw to Watson is the reason that guy ended up hurt and probably out 3 weeks now knowing him smh. They need to steal the Patriots scheme and start going double Tightend heavy because Lafleur and Love don’t have it with whatever they are running.
Smh

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously, the post you replied to did not age well.

The sky didn't fall after all.
Some people here have zero faith in Packers management and staff. It would seem they think they know better even though that ridiculous notion gets proven otherwise time after time. Smh smh smh

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people here have zero faith in Packers management and staff. It would seem they think they know better even though that ridiculous notion gets proven otherwise time after time. Smh smh smh
It's never too early to panic I guess.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless they're bringing Campbell back at a reduced cap number this move does scare me. You're playing a 3 ILB look and your 2nd and 3rd guy are McDuffie and what...Welch?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's always reminded me of the "5 o'clock Charlie" episode of MASH. You can set your watch to Rodell coming in to complain when something doesn't go right.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless they're bringing Campbell back at a reduced cap number this move does scare me. You're playing a 3 ILB look and your 2nd and 3rd guy are McDuffie and what...Welch?
I think that is the plan, based on some of the things Glute said about Campbell at the combine. Unless he was just totally bullshitting, of course. But he said several times he really wanted him back.

Just was not very open about how much he was interested in paying him. :)

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It tells me they have a plan in motion.
I friggin hope so
I would say that in the hours between PikeBadger's post, and RicFLair's post, it not only became clear that Gute had/(has) a plan, but began to become apparent what that plan is.

Can't wait to see the rest of it unfold.

I aso can't wait until the interviews this summer, when journalists ask Gutekunst things like, "at what point did you first decide to target "McKinney/Jacobs", and "what preparations did you make with your roster and salary cap in order to make it possible to cut those deals at the moment they had to be made", and "if 'X' other team had swooped in and signed one or the other before you could make the deal, what would have been your backup plan", etc.

"Who was actually negotiating the deals, and under what guidelines"? Because they happened so close together, it seems unlikely Gutekunst or even Brandt were negotiating them alone - whoever closed McKinney may not have been the same one who closed Jacobs, because it would have been hard to get off the phone quickly enough with Jacobs before the McKinney deal was half done.

So if the negotiations were simultaneous, how was this delegated - who led which call? How much of it was framed out in advance, how much latitude did the men on the phones have in the split-second heat of the moment? Obviously they had a predrafted template, how much were they able to deviate before the team moved on to the next player on the list of targets? What other agents were calling and trying to get through while the deals were being made?

If either deal had fallen through, who were the next calls to make? And would that have affected the terms of the other deal that was probably being made simultaneously; freed up more cap, etc?

Because this was a really complicated, high-stakes, pressure-packed project, with decisions that would deeply affect the entire team for many years, and possibly mean the difference between a Super Bowl and an 11-6 "one and done". And it looks they mastered it maginficently. I'd be fascinated to know as much as possible about how it was all schemed out, and how it was actually executed. Maybe they had something even more impactful in mind, and this actually was the "Plan B" fallback option.

Another thing I'd love to know (but they'd never in a million years admit it) is how many of the details of those two contracts were already printed up and on the desks of the agents before the calls were even made. But of course, there's no way anyone who knows is going to touch that one with a ten-foot pole. I sure woud be curious, though.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say that in the hours between PikeBadger's post, and RicFLair's post, it not only became clear that Gute had/(has) a plan, but began to become apparent what that plan is.

Can't wait to see the rest of it unfold.

I aso can't wait until the interviews this summer, when journalists ask Gutekunst things like, "at what point did you first decide to target "McKinney/Jacobs", and "what preparations did you make with your roster and salary cap in order to make it possible to cut those deals at the moment they had to be made", and "if 'X' other team had swooped in and signed one or the other before you could make the deal, what would have been your backup plan", etc.

"Who was actually negotiating the deals, and under what guidelines"? Because they happened so close together, it seems unlikely Gutekunst or even Brandt were negotiating them alone - whoever closed McKinney may not have been the same one who closed Jacobs, because it would have been hard to get off the phone quickly enough with Jacobs before the McKinney deal was half done.

So if the negotiations were simultaneous, how was this delegated - who led which call? How much of it was framed out in advance, how much latitude did the men on the phones have in the split-second heat of the moment? Obviously they had a predrafted template, how much were they able to deviate before the team moved on to the next player on the list of targets? What other agents were calling and trying to get through while the deals were being made?

If either deal had fallen through, who were the next calls to make? And would that have affected the terms of the other deal that was probably being made simultaneously; freed up more cap, etc?

Because this was a really complicated, high-stakes, pressure-packed project, with decisions that would deeply affect the entire team for many years, and possibly mean the difference between a Super Bowl and an 11-6 "one and done". And it looks they mastered it maginficently. I'd be fascinated to know as much as possible about how it was all schemed out, and how it was actually executed. Maybe they had something even more impactful in mind, and this actually was the "Plan B" fallback option.

Another thing I'd love to know (but they'd never in a million years admit it) is how many of the details of those two contracts were already printed up and on the desks of the agents before the calls were even made. But of course, there's no way anyone who knows is going to touch that one with a ten-foot pole. I sure woud be curious, though.
Gutekunst is not going to answer a lot of your detailed questions imo though many will be asked. I expect him to talk in generalities about that process. Ted Thompson would have summed it all up with the following: "We don't talk about those processes and aren't going to start now. Next question?".

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Who is Brandt? I can't find anyone by that name in Packers management.

Members online

Latest posts