Joe Barry OUT AS DC

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and no. Disclaimer: I have only coached my 2 sons hockey teams and my goddaughters t ball team, no Lombardi here, although our teams were really good.

When I took over the first team, I already had players, I needed to scheme to the players strengths, and more importantly, away from their weaknesses. I never recruited, so that was all I had to do.

But if I was in a position to recruit and develop, I would do the above when I take over a program, but over the next few years, recruiting the players I need for my desired playstyle would mean getting perhaps different types of players possibly, and then coaching them up into the scheme, the scheme dictating the qualities needed at recruitment.

TL;DR: Yes, scheme to the players, until you have the players to fit your real playstyle.
Excellent point, and spot on.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was making X money, and someone offered me a 15 times X raise to do something I hate, I'd agree to it too.
No problem with that, but if that's your decision, then don't *itch about what you DIDN'T like after the fact. You knew that going in and that's part of the deal.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree he was wrong to ***** while under that contract. Once he was no longer under contract IMO ***** away.