The other crowd that has gone silent…

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White averaged .85 per game for his career

Bruce Smith? .71 per game
That kind of production increase from around 1/2 sack per game is quite significant. Both Smith and Reggie had few seasons if any where they were 28th in Sacks. Kind of silly to compare Gary with two of the best HOF ers. Since Thanksgiving, Gary has had had 1/2 sack. The reality is that since he signed his massive contract in October, Gary has had one great game against the Lions and not much else. Are the Packers getting their money's worth? I'm not the only one noticing Gary's lack of production

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That kind of production increase from around 1/2 sack per game is quite significant. Both Smith and Reggie had few seasons if any where they were 28th in Sacks. Kind of silly to compare Gary with two of the best HOF ers. Since Thanksgiving, Gary has had had 1/2 sack. The reality is that since he signed his massive contract in October, Gary has had one great game against the Lions and not much else. Are the Packers getting their money's worth? I'm not the only one noticing Gary's lack of production
Not silly. .72 to .52

That's not a big difference. 3 more a season

But you hate him and it's shown his numbers aren't all about sacks

Reaction score
He was 28 th in sacks this year playing 15 games. Look at the sacks per game for the top 10 pass rushers. I would venture to say they are better. Gary is getting the big bucks but only put up 9 sacks.
Please List which of the top 10 Pass rushers you are referring to that BOTH played at, around or less than 53% of their D snaps AND came off a similar major season ending injury at or after Rashan Gary did?

Also in his first season as a Packer, was it Gary’s fault that we brought in Both ZaDarius and Preston Smith on high priced contracts to push him down a depth chart? Were we supposed to bench ZaDarius or Preston Smith and put in a Rookie developmental player in their place? If not? Why are you using his Rookie season in where he barely played or a season ending injury season in his evaluation?? Perhaps Rashan fighting to come back earlier than expectation from a Week 9 injury should be used against him? Let’s take the healthiest NFL players in the league and compare him here.

These types of presumptious overbearing type player attacks is almost exactly what you guys did with Jordan Love. Rather than do your homework you just attacked the move. Worse yet you did it my ridiculing your fellow fans support of the player or used cherry picking methods to attempt to diminish Love to support your griping. Do you realize how foolish it looks now? Do you understand why you might have lost credibility in your evaluation of players? No we’re not perfect. Yes players go through slumps and yes I agree he’s been a little off just lately. However, Your methodology of player evaluation is largely unsupported. Gary played under 25% snap count Rookie season
Last season he missed 50% of the entire season.
In 2023 Gary was gradually worked into the lineup with caution.
That’s 3 of his 5 seasons you used!!
The other 2 seasons?
18 Sacks
17 TFL
70 Pressures
28 Hurries
21 QB Knockdowns
43 QB hits!
2 FF/2 FR

I suppose you don’t count Playoffs though. Since his Rookie season, Gary has 3.5 Sacks in 4 postseason games.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda agree. Posters pointed out the Cowboys struggles with play action. IMO play action is better from under center.
Goff uses it very effectively. But you have your OTs have to make an initial block on the edge rusher. If the receiver is not open initially someone like Bosa will be in the QB's face very suddenly.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but the majority of teams do not have a pass rusher who is a better rusher than Gary. By saying most teams, I'm assuming your implying at least 2/3s of all teams no?
They do not necessarily have one better but they could simply have more as is the case for Frisco this week. You can always chip or double the one threat like a Crosby or a Matthews. A lot harder when the others can get you. Even Reggie White prospered when the Packers added more talent on the other side of the line.

Members online

Latest posts