It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVED James Jones, but I get why TT didn't resign him in 2016 and it was NOT because of Jeff Janus. It was because they had Jordy, Adams and Cobb already. Turns out those 3 had decent seasons too. They also had 3 very young WR's in 2nd year WR (at the time) Ty Montgomery, Geronimo Allison and Trevor Davis.

Would I have loved JJ for another year in 2016? Sure, but it wasn't completely wrong to not resign him. Yes, Ty, Geronimo and Trevor turned out to be dogs, but it wasn't Janis that kept him out of Green Bay.
JJ had lost a step between the time he departed and the time he was resigned in 2015. He could get open and catch the ball. However, against most teams he could not stretch the field like he once did.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVED James Jones, but I get why TT didn't resign him in 2016 and it was NOT because of Jeff Janus. It was because they had Jordy, Adams and Cobb already. Turns out those 3 had decent seasons too. They also had 3 very young WR's in 2nd year WR (at the time) Ty Montgomery, Geronimo Allison and Trevor Davis.

Would I have loved JJ for another year in 2016? Sure, but it wasn't completely wrong to not resign him. Yes, Ty, Geronimo and Trevor turned out to be dogs, but it wasn't Janis that kept him out of Green Bay.
I don't understand this post. Are you saying Jones is lying?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't understand this post. Are you saying Jones is lying?
I'm saying James Jones isn't remembering things quite correctly. ;)

He stated that TT told him that they were moving on with younger guys. Jones used Jeff Janis's name a couple of times in the interview, implying that it was someone like him that the Packers chose over JJ. It wasn't, they had Jordy, Adams and Cobb, all 3 in their prime. The only reason they brought JJ back in 2015 was because of injuries. While JJ had a decent season, he did look slower and just not as good as he once was. Considering he never played again, maybe TT was right to move on?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Aaron is talking about Dolphin s3x sounds now to help with his healing.....?

...wut..? lol

What kind of drugs has he been taking the past few years LOL
Guess we better start calling Aaron "Flipper"?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He stated that TT told him that they were moving on with younger guys. Jones used Jeff Janis's name a couple of times in the interview, implying that it was someone like him that the Packers chose over JJ. It wasn't, they had Jordy, Adams and Cobb, all 3 in their prime. The only reason they brought JJ back in 2015 was because of injuries. While JJ had a decent season, he did look slower and just not as good as he once was. Considering he never played again, maybe TT was right to move on?
Actually he said TT didn't want him.there to hinder the younger guys progress because Aaron wouldn't use them

With JJ there Aaron would lean on him more

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually he said TT didn't want him.there to hinder the younger guys progress because Aaron wouldn't use them

With JJ there Aaron would lean on him more
And he did say that he was okay with being 4th string..he would take less.. He had 2 other offers worth more. He just wanted to be a packer

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ was a pro's pro... good dude like DD, Jordy, etc for sure

I think also the thing with JJ is that he's not an "athletic freak" or All World type of guy... I mean like a Justin Jefferson, Calvin Johnson, etc... or even DeAndre Hopkins - who is still very productive in his 30s today

Not taking anything away from James, it's just not that he's not that type of player....

Gotta love his take on Aaron too at least - "not going to go out like a dog (ie. retire and just take the money and run lol)"

I mean obviously you hope all professionals are like that - whether sports/business/etc. but just saying
I agree. Always thought James Jones was a great guy and a good receiver. And just a solid Packer all around.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron is talking about Dolphin s3x sounds now to help with his healing.....?

...wut..? lol

What kind of drugs has he been taking the past few years LOL
Ayahuasca. Something tells me he somehow brought some back with him and uses the hallucinogenic in his coffee every morning. Even if he believed that the dolphin s3x sound was healing, how could he be daft enough to say it? Because he's Rodgers, that's why.......

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guys had 2 engagements go south and he’s estranged from much of his family. Maybe he’s the normal one and they’re all “off” but in my experience when you have someone having issues with people time after time… People will point to all his “friends” but you know - Charles Manson had friends LOL

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I thought after the off season we would have more Packer discussions. We still seem to just try and take up space.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Man, I thought after the off season we would have more Packer discussions. We still seem to just try and take up space.
Don't take this the wrong way and I could be wrong, but this IS a Rodgers thread. So I would assume that it would have discussions about Rodgers in it?

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....so are we to assume that if Cousins doesn't resign with the Vikings... and say Aaron plays another year with the Jets, does he eventually leave and end up with the Vikings for the chance to play with Jefferson?

And I agree, let's not do any name calling -- although obviously recently has been a bit of a diva like Brett towards his end....

and *dolphin s3x sounds* ... let's be glad we don't have to deal with that on the Packers lol

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As can his ex fans. ;)
...eh, I wouldn't ever call myself an "ex fan" I mean I wouldn't wear his Packers jersey around -- like I didn't with Brett's for awhile, particularly with the Jenn Sterger stuff when he was on the Jets lol

But I would never throw away/burn/hate/etc Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers... I mean time heals all, they were both playoff ch0kers in my opinion, but still a fan and both Top 15 All Time Greats - can't take that away from them lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
...eh, I wouldn't ever call myself an "ex fan" I mean I wouldn't wear his Packers jersey around -- like I didn't with Brett's for awhile, particularly with the Jenn Sterger stuff when he was on the Jets lol

But I would never throw away/burn/hate/etc Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers... I mean time heals all, they were both playoff ch0kers in my opinion, but still a fan and both Top 15 All Time Greats - can't take that away from them lol
I never said that I wasn't a fan of Rodgers the football player, but "Rodgers the person", not a fan anymore.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe he only remembered Janis in the playoff game against ARZ. He did bring that game up specifically. He also omitted Cobb when speaking of the WRs. IMO Adams was no where near his prime at that time.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he did say that he was okay with being 4th string..he would take less.. He had 2 other offers worth more. He just wanted to be a packer
I think he said the 4th string part to TT in response to TT speaking of the development of younger receivers. I believe he had 2 other offers for more the year that he actually re-signed with the Pack.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe he only remembered Janis in the playoff game against ARZ. He did bring that game up specifically. He also omitted Cobb when speaking of the WRs. IMO Adams was no where near his prime at that time.

Correct, Adams was nowhere near his prime, but was ascending. Jones on the other hand, was descending. Again, I love JJ and I wanted TT to bring him back too, but I think it worked out just fine. I was just saying that JJ didn't really fully give all the details surrounding TT's decision of not resigning him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. He was nor targeted that much. Yet in the playoff game against Dallas the year beforee was brilliant. You thought he would be the heir to Jordy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct, Adams was nowhere near his prime, but was ascending. Jones on the other hand, was descending. Again, I love JJ and I wanted TT to bring him back too, but I think it worked out just fine. I was just saying that JJ didn't really fully give all the details surrounding TT's decision of not resigning him.
Yeah I never heard or read about JJ being upset that he was cut, or that he was cut for another guy - although that had to be the case. JJ was and is a classy guy and a real Packer.