It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
They need to call up Ryan Fitzmagic
:roflmao: He might still be able to lace them up at 40. He last played in 2021 with the What the F Football team. But his time at playing QB in Washington lasted just a bit longer than Rodgers in New York, he threw 6 passes in the first game, before being injured for the season and the end of his career.

Seems like they never should have given up on Geno! Maybe they can get the 49'ers to part with Sam Darnold or talk Favre out of retirement! :coffee:

Again, I didn't like seeing Rodgers go down, but I really won't mind seeing the Jets flailing for the next 15 games.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roflmao: He might still be able to lace them up at 40. He last played in 2021 with the What the F Football team. But his time at playing QB in Washington lasted just a bit longer than Rodgers in New York, he threw 6 passes in the first game, before being injured for the season and the end of his career.

Seems like they never should have given up on Geno! Maybe they can get the 49'ers to part with Sam Darnold or talk Favre out of retirement! :coffee:

Again, I didn't like seeing Rodgers go down, but I really won't mind seeing the Jets flailing for the next 15 games.

Honestly, was joking.

But where is Minshew and Heinicki?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Jets would be better off with one of their cheerleaders at QB than Zach. And he looks kinda stupid with that bandana, not that it affects his performance. He just shouldn't call attention to himself.

How can such a high draft pick at QB go so terribly wrong? It does happen - Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell come to mind - but it's still a bit shocking.

Put in Tim Boyle. Or a cheerleader.

He doesn't have it between the bandana...neither did Russell or Leaf

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is always Josh McCown, the great Viking slayer of 2003.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets seemed to put most of their eggs in 1 basket, with the trade for Rodgers. It was a mistake not to upgrade their OL. Reminded me a bit of TT and Gute's failure to give Rodgers enough weapons at Receiver.

Of course, now, even with a Pro Bowl caliber OL, I doubt Zach Wilson would lead this team very far.
I was also surprised that the Jets didn't make a bigger investment in their OL before the season began. They had enough money to sign D Cook.

Rodgers was gonna get in trouble eventually with that OL. He played, for the most part, behind solid O lines in GB. His mobility had decreased quite a bit even before leaving GB.

And yeah, Wilson could be allowed to stand alone all day and he still wouldn't be able to play at an elite level. Time for the Jets to call that a bust and move on.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't have it between the bandana...neither did Russell or Leaf
Yeah it goes beyond an inability to adjust to the speed and talent of the NFL. Most guys drafted that high make the jump.

Somewhat to your point, it has more to do with intelligence and the ability to manage emotions. It takes more than just physical talent to succeed at the pro level.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was also surprised that the Jets didn't make a bigger investment in their OL before the season began. They had enough money to sign D Cook.

Rodgers was gonna get in trouble eventually with that OL. He played, for the most part, behind solid O lines in GB. His mobility had decreased quite a bit even before leaving GB.

And yeah, Wilson could be allowed to stand alone all day and he still wouldn't be able to play at an elite level. Time for the Jets to call that a bust and move on.
They did beat Buffalo without Rodgers. That may be a fluke. But in that division who knows. They almost made the playoffs last year. Maybe they make it this year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did beat Buffalo without Rodgers. That may be a fluke. But in that division who knows. They almost made the playoffs last year. Maybe they make it this year.
Given the quality of the Jets' defense, and the playmakers on offense, a journeyman QB should be able to get them to 10 or 11 wins. Ok maybe 9 to 10 wins, but that still gets them an outside shot at the playoffs.

I don't see it happening with Wilson. I mean he's just plain bad.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Given the quality of the Jets' defense, and the playmakers on offense, a journeyman QB should be able to get them to 10 or 11 wins. Ok maybe 9 to 10 wins, but that still gets them an outside shot at the playoffs.

I don't see it happening with Wilson. I mean he's just plain bad.
Only if Quinnen Williams stays healthy. He goes down for an extended period of time and the Jets will be in last place.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Mccown? he was in college when Namath was there. lol Wilson is a huge bust - he reminds me of the surfer from Apocalypse Now. I said its safe to surf this beach.

Attachments

• kilgore.jpg
    kilgore.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 27

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Mccown? he was in college when Namath was there. lol Wilson is a huge bust - he reminds me of the surfer from Apocalypse Now. I said its safe to surf this beach.
Well, you may have hit on something. What player in the NFL would be the most suited for Hollywood? Maybe Wilson.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you may have hit on something. What player in the NFL would be the most suited for Hollywood? Maybe Wilson.
Yeah Wilson looks like he came out of central casting. His whole family consists of incredibly good looking people, like they were all genetically engineered. And he'd make more money in Hollywood.

Now, can he act?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Wilson looks like he came out of central casting. His whole family consists of incredibly good looking people, like they were all genetically engineered. And he'd make more money in Hollywood.

Now, can he act?
Well. Jim Brown did some acting as well as Don Meredith. Even **** Butkus got a few heavy roles.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting story from James Jones about Aaron and young wr

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Interesting story from James Jones about Aaron and young wr

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I LOVED James Jones, but I get why TT didn't resign him in 2016 and it was NOT because of Jeff Janus. It was because they had Jordy, Adams and Cobb already. Turns out those 3 had decent seasons too. They also had 3 very young WR's in 2nd year WR (at the time) Ty Montgomery, Geronimo Allison and Trevor Davis.

Would I have loved JJ for another year in 2016? Sure, but it wasn't completely wrong to not resign him. Yes, Ty, Geronimo and Trevor turned out to be dogs, but it wasn't Janis that kept him out of Green Bay.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVED James Jones, but I get why TT didn't resign him in 2016 and it was NOT because of Jeff Janus. It was because they had Jordy, Adams and Cobb already. Turns out those 3 had decent seasons too. They also had 3 very young WR's in 2nd year WR (at the time) Ty Montgomery, Geronimo Allison and Trevor Davis.

Would I have loved JJ for another year in 2016? Sure, but it wasn't completely wrong to not resign him. Yes, Ty, Geronimo and Trevor turned out to be dogs, but it wasn't Janis that kept him out of Green Bay.
JJ was a pro's pro... good dude like DD, Jordy, etc for sure

I think also the thing with JJ is that he's not an "athletic freak" or All World type of guy... I mean like a Justin Jefferson, Calvin Johnson, etc... or even DeAndre Hopkins - who is still very productive in his 30s today

Not taking anything away from James, it's just not that he's not that type of player....

Gotta love his take on Aaron too at least - "not going to go out like a dog (ie. retire and just take the money and run lol)"

I mean obviously you hope all professionals are like that - whether sports/business/etc. but just saying