Rasul Douglas has been traded to the Bills

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks truthfully spinning Rasul into a 3rd is a lot, but HE IS for sure worth it. That is a lot of cap space freed up as well next season too PLUS puts CB in the first two days of the draft quite high on the list of probability.

Saw Eric Stokes at the Bucks game the other day, kinda forgot he's still on the team. Definitely agree they should still draft one high but I think Stokes can be a player, assuming he gets healthy at some point

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic that we saw why Gute felt Douglas was expendable. Of course we played the Rams, with their backup QB, but Valentine looked pretty good out there yesterday. If Stokes ever gets back on the field, the CB position could be pretty solid. Was nice to see Jaire playing much better too.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic that we saw why Gute felt Douglas was expendable. Of course we played the Rams, with their backup QB, but Valentine looked pretty good out there yesterday. If Stokes ever gets back on the field, the CB position could be pretty solid. Was nice to see Jaire playing much better too.

Backup QB but he was on Puka or Kupp most of the day, and his positioning was high level. The question is can he do this not so amped up for the day AND with a better QB of course.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Backup QB but he was on Puka or Kupp most of the day, and his positioning was high level. The question is can he do this not so amped up for the day AND with a better QB of course.
Not bad for a 7th round rookie. As I said, I am cautiously optimistic. He did look good in the Preseason and as you stated, he appeared to be putting himself in the proper position, while defending 2 pretty darn good receivers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not bad for a 7th round rookie. As I said, I am cautiously optimistic. He did look good in the Preseason and as you stated, he appeared to be putting himself in the proper position, while defending 2 pretty darn good receivers.

Many forget this young man took knocks going up against SEC talent and still garnered draftable grades - he has that fight in him.

Whether it was a backup or not, his timing of attacking was what impressed me the most - and that translates across the board whether a starter or a backup.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zaire did play a lot better. And maybe the new players might be able to produce soon. But as you said it was Rypien. Contrast that to the timing, accuracy, and decision making of Joe Burrows last night. You can stop him for 2 plays and then he slices you up on the 3rd. We will see some top notch QBs coming up soon.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I may not be the best at reading overthecap, but it looks to me like the trade of him this year clears up $9MM in cap next year.
Yes and No. Since he was traded this season, the Packers will save the $9M he would have made by being on the 2024 roster. However, the Packers seem to be carrying his dead cap hit of $5,102,668 into 2024, so that has to be accounted for.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Valentine looked really good. But he seems to be a bit of a character. He's lucky he didn't get a taunting penalty shaking his finger at the receiver while he was on the ground. That's almost always a penalty in todays sissy-fied NFL.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Valentine looked really good. But he seems to be a bit of a character. He's lucky he didn't get a taunting penalty shaking his finger at the receiver while he was on the ground. That's almost always a penalty in todays sissy-fied NFL.
Some of that mischief is a general weakness on the whole team. This comes from the coaching staff failing to set a disciplined tone. You can tell that what we see is the result of lax leadership. Not all our penalties are from lining up offside. I suspect it has been this way for several years.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of that mischief is a general weakness on the whole team. This comes from the coaching staff failing to set a disciplined tone. You can tell that what we see is the result of lax leadership. Not all our penalties are from lining up offside. I suspect it has been this way for several years.
This is something that irks the bejeebers out of me. The lack of discipline. So many idiotic decisions that have hurt this team repeatedly.

We don't need players who make a great play, then taunt, make a late hit, or hold on the back side of a play where their block means nothing to the success of the play. We need players that are well disciplined, because the coaches insist on it, if you want to be on the field.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So win-win-win

But I suppose some will say - "oh, now we are going to have pay Valentine big bucks after his rookie contract - LOSS!"

I still hope we get to see what type of player we think Stokes will be now post injuries. That will play MASSIVELY into what we have to or don’t have to do in offseason with FA and/or draft

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So win-win-win

But I suppose some will say - "oh, now we are going to have pay Valentine big bucks after his rookie contract - LOSS!"
Who was the DB about 7-10 years back that was really good as a rookie then kind of regressed out of the league over the next 2 or 3 years? Remind them of that guy. He was one reason we didn't re-sign Casey Heyward and played Micah Hyde out of position and why we kept drafting DBs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Loss/Loss, we lose a good DB, that could stay on the field and a 5th round pick. Not to mention Buffalo's pick just went down in the draft.
If Stokes and Alexander had been on the field this season we might have considered the trade. Without them this put quite a strain on the secondary. Now if you want a play the new kids on the block for development then I am for it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What are Douglass' numbers like since the trade? Asking for a friend.
2 picks and a fumble recovery vs the Jets last week. Really need to bookmark pro-football reference and send it to your lazy idiotic friend. Friggin kids these days and YES stay off my lawn.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 picks and a fumble recovery vs the Jets last week. Really need to bookmark pro-football reference and send it to your lazy idiotic friend. Friggin kids these days and YES stay off my lawn.
I keep telling him the same thing. Captain really spoiled him with all of his stats. He says thank-you by the way.

Latest posts