Rasul Douglas has been traded to the Bills

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Rapoport. For some reason it won’t let me post the link. But it’s legit.

The Packers are sending Douglas and a 5th round pick to the Bills for a 3rd round pick

This makes sense and TEARS me to shreds. Unlike Jaire this young man in his interviews was constantly talking about how more is expected of him by him to help make this team succeed. He had Jones almost in tears in the locker room as Jones overheard and he talked to reporters about that.

Rasul has been our BEST CB this year. This hurts.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks truthfully spinning Rasul into a 3rd is a lot, but HE IS for sure worth it. That is a lot of cap space freed up as well next season too PLUS puts CB in the first two days of the draft quite high on the list of probability.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are rebuilding and a 11 million cap hit next year oh well. They are definitely in play for Maye next year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously...in his interview the first question is about keeping team together and such:

his response:

"...I feel like it's on me though, you know what I mean? I'm not leading the right way. I got to find better ways to lead because clearly what I'm doing it is not enough and how I'm leading is not enough. So I got to go back to the drawing board myself and find a different way to lead."

^^I'm going to war with this guy.

We need a lot more of that than this dude question after question: "I don't know..."

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are rebuilding and a 11 million cap hit next year oh well. They are definitely in play for Maye next year.
It pretty much tanks this season. Without Stokes and a banged up Alexander teams no longer have to establish the run game. Just throw and throw and come the 4th quarter hand the ball off and run out the clock.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a lot of media talk that Preston Smith would be the likely candidate for a trade. Maybe nobody thought he and his contract were worth trading for...

We'll miss Rasul. We needed more guys on both sides of the ball with his heart. He was also clearly getting frustrated with some of the back-end miscommunications this season.

He will be yet another good player going to Buffalo's defense. I'm thinking of Bryce Paup and Micah Hyde.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Last day of the fire sale. It wouldn't surprise me to see at least one more Packer starter traded.

I would have rather seen Alexander (with his contract) or Stokes traded over Rasul. Of course, the $37M dead cap hit by trading Jaire, made that dream impossible.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers still have a dead cap hit of $5,102,668 next year on Rasul. I think that is along with the $3,592,431 hit for this year.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure how I feel about that deal. On the surface the cap space and getting a third seems nice. And if we’re being honest players of his age… he’s not going to be around by the time this rebuild is likely complete.

But that said giving up a 5th basically means we’re netting a 4th more or less. For a team that is seemingly absolutely devoid of leadership I’m not sure that’s a great return to give up a decent leader/locker room guy like Douglas.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I think about it I'm wondering if they traded him just for being vocal if that's the case it really sucks

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Roughly $6.5M savings against next year vs him being here and playing.
I think the savings is good, but not fully worth it. Going to have to spend at least that much to replace him with the same skill level player. As far as the draft pick goes, the Packers will get a late 3rd round and the Bills an early 5th round, so we aren't talking a whole lot in draft Capital.

May have been other factors that drove the trade and we will never know about them.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the long string of worthless 3rd round picks, this trade makes no sense. Does anyone really trust Gute not to waste the pick? The reality is they gave up a quality corner for virtually nothing since they have no competence in drafting third rounders. My take is that the Packers are tossing the season and hope they get the first pick in the draft. It sheds light on what they think of Love. Ala Bust!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they really needed to trade more players for this to make sense. I'm thinking something behind the scenes maybe

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting comment from Pat Kerwin NFL about draft picks; only about 60% of draft picks actually pan out over the years. Thought it might be higher than that.... Packers have now "packed it in" for this year. Are they hoping for top 10 pick this year and possibly 5 in top 100? At 60% success rate that means 3 of 5 will actually be major contributors to a team. oh well, only 10 more games to go to see where they pick in the draft. Surprise was Bears going out to get a lineman for a draft pick, but they do have 13 draft picks 2024 so they could get someone pretty good who will help them in the future and strengthen their D.....

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the long string of worthless 3rd round picks, this trade makes no sense. Does anyone really trust Gute not to waste the pick? The reality is they gave up a quality corner for virtually nothing since they have no competence in drafting third rounders. My take is that the Packers are tossing the season and hope they get the first pick in the draft. It sheds light on what they think of Love. Ala Bust!
Gute will package his 1 and two 2's to draft in top 2 and get another QB...... anyone out there a sure superstar QB? Not sure anyone in the upcoming draft is a future superstar, maybe Harrison WR (OSU)? or an OT?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gute will package his 1 and two 2's to draft in top 2 and get another QB...... anyone out there a sure superstar QB? Not sure anyone in the upcoming draft is a future superstar, maybe Harrison WR (OSU)? or an OT?
For me, it is far too early to start talking draft prospects. (Sorry @tynimiller ). A lot can happen between now and the end of the NCAA season. Injuries, better play, drop in play, off the field stuff, etc.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks truthfully spinning Rasul into a 3rd is a lot, but HE IS for sure worth it. That is a lot of cap space freed up as well next season too PLUS puts CB in the first two days of the draft quite high on the list of probability

Folks truthfully spinning Rasul into a 3rd is a lot, but HE IS for sure worth it. That is a lot of cap space freed up as well next season too PLUS puts CB in the first two days of the draft quite high on the list of probability.
Good trade but No to drafting CB in 1-2-3 rounds.
We need LT and C in 1rst.
If JA can get back to form which we have to assume he will and the only reason he is slucking is because he smart enough to see this team not going anywhere so he decided to take a year off.

Then there is Stokes. No reason to give up on him yet. Let's see what the man does rest of this year and in 2024.

It is highly unlikely that we will be in contention next year either, especially if Lafleur is back as HC in which case we dont need to draft CB in 2024 in early rounds even if Stokes and JA turn out to be duds. That can wait untill 2025.

We need 2 and maybe 3 solid O-leneman. That should be a #1 priority

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts