Is AJ the next Ahman?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to tell, but good things are happening when we give him the ball.

H

HardRightEdge

11/11/2018 - Aaron Jones - 125 yards from scrimage in the first quarter
11/26/1989 - Flipper Anderson - NFL record 336 yards from scrimmage

;)

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has the potential to be better than Ahman Green aka Batman. Not as big as Green, but faster and definitely has better vision and quickness. Plus, Jones really doesn't have another RB that can really challenge him for No. 1

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has the potential to be better than Ahman Green aka Batman. Not as big as Green, but faster and definitely has better vision and quickness. Plus, Jones really doesn't have another RB that can really challenge him for No. 1
umm I hope you don’t mean that Jones is faster than Green?? Ahman Green had world class speed and posted one of the fastest 40 times ever.... Jones just got caught from behind on his big run today. Jones is a good running back ....but he is not faster than Ahman Green was.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If AJ can come close to Ahman that would be great.

We haven't had a guy who can get 1200+ rushing a year PLUS a legit receiving threat like Ahman

So if AJ can do that that would be great

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umm I hope you don’t mean that Jones is faster than Green?? Ahman Green had world class speed and posted one of the fastest 40 times ever.... Jones just got caught from behind on his big run today. Jones is a good running back ....but he is not faster than Ahman Green was.

Jones is more elusive, has better vision, and lateral quickness. I'll give you the straight line speed for Green, which the 40 time truly marks. However, the Aaron Jones' run isn't really a true test. AJ had to run across the field, while going up diagonally, that saps energy. Green usually had a one-cut and go run, because of the zone-run blocking scheme. Jones is young and will have better conditioning, which was Green's greatest strength.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green had a lot more power, and was faster. I like Jones but I’m not making that comparison

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is more elusive, has better vision, and lateral quickness. I'll give you the straight line speed for Green, which the 40 time truly marks. However, the Aaron Jones' run isn't really a true test. AJ had to run across the field, while going up diagonally, that saps energy. Green usually had a one-cut and go run, because of the zone-run blocking scheme. Jones is young and will have better conditioning, which was Green's greatest strength.
I’m not knocking Jones... but comparing him to Green at this point is an insult to Green. There was a 5 year period in Green’s career where he had the most rushing yards of any back in the NFL...

I’m hopeful of Jones ... but let’s relax lol.

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt. If Green Bay feeds Jones the ball, the way Ahman Green got carries, Jones will go down in Packers lore.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that Sherman couldn't even make an NFC Championship game with Ahman, Favre, and that great o-line is a huge indictment on Sherman.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The important thing is Aaron Jones, seems to know how to "fall forward" and he has the quickness and vision to find and burst through the hole AND he can catch.

We haven't had anyone like that since Ahman...

Ryan Grant couldn't catch
Starks wasn't a starter
Eddie Lacy couldn't catch or stay in shape
Ty is more of a 3rd down back

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is awesome. He is very quick and im impressed with his top end. He always seems to fall forward. I like how he was running forward while running backwards today lol. Honestly I think he needs more touches I'd like to see him get 20 runs

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green had a lot more power, and was faster. I like Jones but I’m not making that comparison

It's easy to forget just how good Ahmad was. That said, I do love the vision, burst and elusiveness of Jones and he's surprisingly strong.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think so. Green was a different beast, there’s only a couple of RBs in the nfl today who can even compare.

Jones is super talented, but I’d like to see him surpass Lacy before we compare him to Ahman.

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You underrate Ahmans speed big time. He was bigger, faster, stronger, and more explosive than jones. Just a much superior athlete overall and definitely faster than jones

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that Sherman couldn't even make an NFC Championship game with Ahman, Favre, and that great o-line is a huge indictment on Sherman.
Yes, and as much as I like Green, I would like something more for Jones. Namely, that we make some use of him toward winning a Super Bowl, something that we couldn't do with Green.

D

Deleted member 6794

We haven't had anyone like that since Ahman...

Ryan Grant couldn't catch
Eddie Lacy couldn't catch or stay in shape

Lacy had 101 receptions for 900 yards while with the Packers. Jones currently has only 20 catches for 100 yards and had another bad drop yesterday.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman is much better than you apparently remember. Ahman was very patient, powerful, and smart runner. He would wait for the right moment and either sprint past someone or run them over

AJ has a unique quality of squirting through the line when there isnt much of a hole. He always falls forward and has great quickness and a feel for the game. But he has a long ways to go before we can start comparing him to Ahman.

But I will say this: MVS is faster, taller, better hands, better in the open field, and quicker than Don Hutson, lofton, Sharpe, and Jordy and is a much better WR than all of them put together.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman is much better than you apparently remember. Ahman was very patient, powerful, and smart runner. He would wait for the right moment and either sprint past someone or run them over

AJ has a unique quality of squirting through the line when there isnt much of a hole. He always falls forward and has great quickness and a feel for the game. But he has a long ways to go before we can start comparing him to Ahman.

But I will say this: MVS is faster, taller, better hands, better in the open field, and quicker than Don Hutson, lofton, Sharpe, and Jordy and is a much better WR than all of them put together.

Whoa it’s to early to put him above Jordy. Jordy had great long speed and he had great hands as well. I don’t ever remember a time seeing Jordy got caught from behind. MVS is long and fast as well but Jordy is probablet the best wr Rodgers has had so far...see if Adams can keep it up.

D

Deleted member 6794

Whoa it’s to early to put him above Jordy. Jordy had great long speed and he had great hands as well. I don’t ever remember a time seeing Jordy got caught from behind. MVS is long and fast as well but Jordy is probablet the best wr Rodgers has had so far...see if Adams can keep it up.

Amish was being sarcastic.

Members online

No members online now.