Packers vs Bears Game Thread: The Apex of the Season

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pegged this team at 6 wins, maybe 7. To get 9 AND see a playoff game with a bunch of kids, an out to lunch DC half the time, injuries, is a friggin miracle IMO. Not to mention if you told me this kid would have a 4K+ yards, 96 rating, with 32 tuddys and less than 15 picks, I would have called you insane and to go spend a week in the padded room. Most likely they’re gonna lose to Dallas but they could give them a game if they run the ball. Might open up passing game. We’ll see. Was shocked with that crew we didn’t see a penalty til the 4th.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I pegged this team at 6 wins, maybe 7. To get 9 AND see a playoff game with a bunch of kids, an out to lunch DC half the time, injuries, is a friggin miracle IMO. Not to mention if you told me this kid would have a 4K+ yards, 96 rating, with 32 tuddys and less than 15 picks, I would have called you insane and to go spend a week in the padded room. Most likely they’re gonna lose to Dallas but they could give them a game if they run the ball. Might open up passing game. We’ll see. Was shocked with that crew we didn’t see a penalty til the 4th.
I chose 9 or 10 wins because I know and see all things. :whistling: :sneaky:

CanPackFan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my wife is a Dallas fan. My boss just asked me if I will be coming into work or should he be filling a missing persons report
What ever happens, this is more than I expected this year and am happy and excited about the years to come.
Promising QB, nice young receiving core (wicks has been amazing), looking forward to the next ten years!!

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i said I would wait until the end of the regular season for my assessment of Love - forget any skill set, he has to much offensive knowledge and composure not to be the Packers QB of the future
I love this.

So happy with how this season has played out. It’s had its ups and downs but we are having fun now

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those types usually run all over us...
Yeah, but they also have one of the worst offensive coordinators in the nfl. If they would have stuck to the run it may gone the other way..however Barry and Lafleur had stop the run drilled in our guys heads all week!

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of blows my mind that there are generations of bears fans of significant age, where all they know is, losing to the packers.

I remember in the 90s when it felt that way playing the cowboys, but that was maybe 6,7 years from a non division opponent, this has been 30+ years. I really have no frame of reference to compare.

Man, it must suck to be a bears fan.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's getting to be an issue, at this point, he's been unavailable more than available. I don't see him as someone who's regularly there and more as a bonus right now.
He may be trade bait. Maybe the Raiders. Sucker them into thinking he could complement Adams and we get a defensive player. Wish it was Max Crosby.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of blows my mind that there are generations of bears fans of significant age, where all they know is, losing to the packers.

I remember in the 90s when it felt that way playing the cowboys, but that was maybe 6,7 years from a non division opponent, this has been 30+ years. I really have no frame of reference to compare.

It has always been that. Halas and Lambeau started it. However, it was the other way around during the rivalry as well. The 50s, the 80s, and parts in between. 2 seasons really standout. 2010: We stole it from them. 1963: They stole it from us. There will be more long after we have departed.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Ain't it GREAT?!?!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dolphins beat them. :)

But yeah, those were miserable days.
And even that one was jaded. The tipped ball thrown by Marino? And if I recall McMahon was replaced by Fuller due to some injury.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and actually quite unfortunate for them. The 85 Bears were the best team I've ever seen.
Ron Wolf made an interesting comment in the Packers history series narrated by Cliff Christl.
I never had the chance to investigate his claim.

Wolf said the 1996 Packers defense had done as well or better than the 1985 Bears in some key statistical categories.
Now, maybe Ron was "feeling his oats" a bit. I agree with all who commented that the 1985 Bears were VERY special.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf said the 1996 Packers defense had done as well or better than the 1985 Bears in some key statistical categories.
Well, those two teams had one thing in common. They were both just farts in the wind.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, those two teams had one thing in common. They were both just farts in the wind.
That's very true. In Wolf's own words, stated right after the Super Bowl XXXII loss to the Broncos.

I remember my foolish naivete' thinking how this team just needed a nip and a tuck and patch here and there.

Then, we got Rhodes as coach and I grew up in a hurry. LOL.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolf made an interesting comment in the Packers history series narrated by Cliff Christl.
I never had the chance to investigate his claim.

Now, maybe Ron was "feeling his oats" a bit. I agree with all who commented that the 1985 Bears were VERY special.
Our 96 D gave up the fewest points and the fewest yards I believe. But that 85 Bears D was totally destructive. The 96 Packers had a better offense than the 85 Bears. Bears had a solid O line, Walter Payton, Willie Gault, and Jim McMahon when he showed up. The Raven D in 1999 was super. The Steelers in the 70s may have had the best D over a longer period of time. Needless to say Defense Wins Championships.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our 96 D gave up the fewest points and the fewest yards I believe. But that 85 Bears D was totally destructive. The 96 Packers had a better offense than the 85 Bears. Bears had a solid O line, Walter Payton, Willie Gault, and Jim McMahon when he showed up. The Raven D in 1999 was super. The Steelers in the 70s may have had the best D over a longer period of time. Needless to say Defense Wins Championships.
That Ravens D was REALLY good too.

Imagine picking Trent Dilfer prior to the season, making him #2, insert him as the starter (after putting him in "Safe Mode"), winning a SB and then not re-signing him.

Lost a lot of respect for the Ravens after that cold move.

Members online

Latest posts