Heatwave

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
Reaction score
I'm in Phoenix it will be at least 10 more days over 110
I was wondering about that. I hope you have Cooled seats. That leathers gonna be scorching ! I can’t imagine the A/C keeping up with that.

What’s is the high temp (raw) you hit this month?
Does everyone just hibernate in the afternoons?

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering about that. I hope you have Cooled seats. That leathers gonna be scorching ! I can’t imagine the A/C keeping up with that.

I don't go outside at all, when the weather is like this. I enjoy the comfort of air conditioning, 24/7. When it's gone, let me know. ;)

Reaction score
I don't go outside at all, when the weather is like this. I enjoy the comfort of air conditioning, 24/7. When it's gone, let me know. ;)
Yeah you get a good taste of that down there. I’ll never forget several years ago, I stayed overnight at my Sister’s in Sugarland and I went outside onto her shaded apartment balcony at 8am to play my guitar it was probably a moderate, but nice 77 degrees? When I came back inside at around 9am I was drenched with sweat. I literally had to re-shower and change clothes again. That humidity left an impression on me, I’ve been around Norfolk, VIrginia Beach quite a bit but that Houston area was another level of humid imo

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

nope people still out . Same as of -10. just get in car to store, or work then back in car and go home. air is at 77 and it’s fine.

but getting in car after it sits for a bit can be hard. We have the windshield shades . But you can fee the heat from the side windows on you

my cars temp said 120 few times.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah you get a good taste of that down there. I’ll never forget several years ago, I stayed overnight at my Sister’s in Sugarland and I went outside onto her shaded apartment balcony at 8am to play my guitar it was probably a moderate, but nice 77 degrees? When I came back inside at around 9am I was drenched with sweat. I literally had to re-shower and change clothes again. That humidity left an impression on me, I’ve been around Norfolk, VIrginia Beach quite a bit but that Houston area was another level of humid imo
I’ll take this heat over Milwaukee’s 90 and humidity

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Lambeau Field announcer uses a special index to measure how uncomfortable a day is going to be:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
It was 111 and cloudy!! Monsoon
Ouch. What’s the index?
I saw here it was 100 yesterday,
but “feels like 107”
What’s the “feels like” temp there?
A hot griddle?

As a sidenote. Years ago used to maintain the hot-tub at a Hotel. We kept her between 100-105 Max. At 111 degrees the water would literally sting

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I use a BedJet to warm my feet and legs when I go to bed, no matter what time of year it is. It's for Neuropathy. I do 10 minutes at 109 degrees, then 30 minutes at 104, then I set it to "dry" so I don't sweat. Works great! I can actually walk when I get up in the morning. I also use it with naps, or if my legs and feet are bothering me too much, any time during the day.

Of course that's dry heat, so easier to handle. But, rest assured, you can feel the difference between even 104 and 109. I can see where 111 would start to sting.

How well does it work? I fall asleep before the 30 minutes is up, and get at least 3 or 4 hours sleep with no problem.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch. What’s the index?
I saw here it was 100 yesterday,
but “feels like 107”
What’s the “feels like” temp there?
A hot griddle?

As a sidenote. Years ago used to maintain the hot-tub at a Hotel. We kept her between 100-105 Max. At 111 degrees the water would literally sting
Feels like burning.. it’s 100 now and it says feels like 102

Its hot. The sun has a diff feel at 100, then at 115 way diff. It’s penetrating.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feels like burning.. it’s 100 now and it says feels like 102

Its hot. The sun has a diff feel at 100, then at 115 way diff. It’s penetrating.
Exactly! A dry 100 isn't too bad, in stretches. It's tolerable. At 115, you're far enough past normal body temperature that you're causing it to be uncomfortable.

Reaction score
Exactly! A dry 100 isn't too bad, in stretches. It's tolerable. At 115, you're far enough past normal body temperature that you're causing it to be uncomfortable.
we’re about to get a dose in East Texas. I noticed our forecast changed. From Sat to Saturday it’s 101-104 degrees Fahrenheit daily. There’s been no rain here in about 2-3 weeks and none in the immediate forecast.
Thankfully I have a sprinkler system (and 2 pools in our HOA) I started rotating days watering as the grass was getting a little stiff. I noticed the birds get up early to inspect the sprinklers.. by about Noon there’s no movement. No squirrels no birds etc it’s like they’re so hot they are hibernating.
I had to put in a new HVAC system at the end of June and it’ll run you out cold now! I was not excited about the cost, but Perfect timing thank you Lord! Again

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In Fond du Lac right now - 97-degree air temp with a 76.9-degree dewpoint and a "feels like" of 114. I'm so happy with my decision to buy a black vehicle with a black interior. It's a good thing I'm stunningly good looking because I'm dumb as a bag of rocks.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In Fond du Lac right now - 97-degree air temp with a 76.9-degree dewpoint and a "feels like" of 114. I'm so happy with my decision to buy a black vehicle with a black interior. It's a good thing I'm stunningly good looking because I'm dumb as a bag of rocks.
At home, my car and truck are under the apple trees. I now work 2nd shift so the sun sets 2-3 hours before I leave work. AC at home wasn't shutting off, struggling to keep up. Work is a balmy 45F. I love working in meat plants in the summer.

Reaction score
:coffee:In Fond du Lac right now - 97-degree air temp with a 76.9-degree dewpoint and a "feels like" of 114. I'm so happy with my decision to buy a black vehicle with a black interior. It's a good thing I'm stunningly good looking because I'm dumb as a bag of rocks.
Now that is hot up there. Remember to start both of your heated seats 10 minutes ahead of time. The effect of hot on hot actually makes you feel cool, it’s a natural phenomena v;)I say that because someone told me the other day that me eating my hot soup would cool me down. It was 106 degrees and 111 heat index so I’m not sure I’m quite that gullible! I swear they really told me that too, it made me feel much smarter than I am.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that is hot up there. Remember to start both of your heated seats 10 minutes ahead of time. The effect of hot on hot actually makes you feel cool, it’s a natural phenomena v;)I say that because someone told me the other day that me eating my hot soup would cool me down. It was 106 degrees and 111 heat index so I’m not sure I’m quite that gullible! I swear they really told me that too, it made me feel much smarter than I am.
The point is that eating cold food forces your body to burn energy heating it so hot food just gotta do the opposite. Since alcohol doesn't warm you when it's cold the more the better when it's hot, right?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is that eating cold food forces your body to burn energy heating it so hot food just gotta do the opposite. Since alcohol doesn't warm you when it's cold the more the better when it's hot, right?
Yes! Lambeau should sell popsicles in December and January along with sno-cones.

Reaction score
We used to put Rum in our Hot coffee when deer hunting off OO at like O degrees holding on to a 30-06.
I don’t know it that qualifies but it sure felt wonderful.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We used to put Rum in our Hot coffee when deer hunting off OO at like O degrees holding on to a 30-06.
I don’t know it that qualifies but it sure felt wonderful.
Our deer camp has always had the rule the first time someone has alcohol, ALL the guns get put away. Cousin's husband, first time with us, was firmly told so when he wanted to crack one with lunch. First time we ever had to state it aloud.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our deer camp has always had the rule the first time someone has alcohol, ALL the guns get put away. Cousin's husband, first time with us, was firmly told so when he wanted to crack one with lunch. First time we ever had to state it aloud.
Good rule. Alcohol and handling a gun is never a good idea.