2024 Draft-- Media Stuff

Reaction score
I think you forgot the safety's....Kitchens and nubin line up in the 41 slot
yes. I’ve selected Kinchens there in plenty of Mocks. But my desires are also not in accordance with his post. I did add Safeties late as I took a phone call and submitted my post as a place marker. Nubin was added a moment later etc.
Kinchens was rated as the 54th best player and I have a hard time assuming he’s picked at #41 according to that post if that makes sense? But duly noted Kinchens could he top 25 on Guteys board so there’s that.

Another possibility is a Reed draft move where we trade back a smidge? I’ve had really good success in Mocks trading back n forth to move positioning in Day 2. I’m talking legitimate trade values, not some artificial craziness some sites use. By moving back 2-3 times a smidge later? My thoughts are more stabs in Day2 get us a better chance at immediate help. We’re in Win Now mode imo and we CAN go after more seasoned “high floor” guys more than a typical draft approach. Especially at positions like IOL, LB, RB you can often get a player who contributes at a high level and early.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes. I’ve selected Kinchens there in plenty of Mocks. But my desires are also not in accordance with his post. I did add Safeties late as I took a phone call and submitted my post as a place marker. Nubin was added a moment later etc.
Kinchens was rated as the 54th best player and I have a hard time assuming he’s picked at #41 according to that post if that makes sense? But duly noted Kinchens could he top 25 on Guteys board so there’s that.

I'd be very hesitant taking such lists with so much faith.

Example of this is if a QB is the second best QB but ranked in the 40s....there is DANG good chance he goes first round.

Kinchens is no worse than the third best Safety prospect as a general concensus. Safeties have lower positional value but if Nubin sneaks into Day1 or say a Bullard surprise pick Day1 happens...that elevates Kinchens likely landing spot even more so because it is the availability of higher prospects left.

Reaction score
I'd be very hesitant taking such lists with so much faith.

Example of this is if a QB is the second best QB but ranked in the 40s....there is DANG good chance he goes first round.

Kinchens is no worse than the third best Safety prospect as a general concensus. Safeties have lower positional value but if Nubin sneaks into Day1 or say a Bullard surprise pick Day1 happens...that elevates Kinchens likely landing spot even more so because it is the availability of higher prospects left.
Nobody is saying this list is near perfect but you.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's right, though I heard a friend say it was almost near perfect, so there's that, I guess.

Reaction score
Wait what? I never said that?
Ok. Neither did anyone else so why are you repeatedly debating it or being corrective on it. I’ll submit that nearly everyone knows these are merely draft predictive. Are you trying to stop us from hurting ourselves guessing? :coffee:
I guess I’ll put a disclaimer on each post :whistling:
“All draft assertions or guesses forthwith are merely abstract ideas.. we hold absolutely zero liability for those who use them to do themselves or others virtual harm” :roflmao:

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Another possibility is a Reed draft move where we trade back a smidge? I’ve had really good success in Mocks trading back n forth to move positioning in Day 2. I’m talking legitimate trade values, not some artificial craziness some sites use. By moving back 2-3 times a smidge later? My thoughts are more stabs in Day2 get us a better chance at immediate help. We’re in Win Now mode imo and we CAN go after more seasoned “high floor” guys more than a typical draft approach. Especially at positions like IOL, LB, RB you can often get a player who contributes at a high level and early.

You eluded to that line of thought in the bolded sentence no? Or perhaps I misread - in which case apologies.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers like the Iowa guys, and the Iowa guys like the Packers, So with my green goggles on im saying Copper Dejean wants to be a Packer. From what i hear he is only going to workout for certain teams before draft. So im gonna streeeeetch that into he's manitpulating to be in Green Bay LOL. Thats my fun call for the draft.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
DJ released his Top 50 3.0. Observations:

-He has Fuaga as his OT1 and his overall player #9.

-Fautanu is now up to #12-- I really like him but I'm confused that no one is talking about the fact that he will be a 24 yo rookie.

-He's creeping McCarthy up-- now at 21st overall; I know he says he does the rankings based on his own opinions, but it feels like he's trying to match the NFL consensus.

-Edgerrin Cooper is down from #21 to #24 and I bet he continues to slide until he's in the 2nd round range.

-Adonai Mitchell all the way up to #25; he's a Packer type for sure.

-Barton jumps from #34 to #27. He's such a good prospect.

-Nate Wiggins drops down to #31-- all that speed is hard to respect when he's so skinny.

-Kamari Lassiter is up to #36; I think he's a dark horse for the Packers' first pick if he tests well.

-Darius Robinson down from #38 to #30 is kind of an odd move to me.

-Kool-Aid is all the way down at #42 now.

-He moved Maason Smith into the top 50.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers like the Iowa guys, and the Iowa guys like the Packers, So with my green goggles on im saying Copper Dejean wants to be a Packer. From what i hear he is only going to workout for certain teams before draft. So im gonna streeeeetch that into he's manitpulating to be in Green Bay LOL. Thats my fun call for the draft.
I wouldn't mind seeing him in Green Bay.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

-Fautanu is now up to #12-- I really like him but I'm confused that no one is talking about the fact that he will be a 24 yo rookie.

-He's creeping McCarthy up-- now at 21st overall; I know he says he does the rankings based on his own opinions, but it feels like he's trying to match the NFL consensus.

-Edgerrin Cooper is down from #21 to #24 and I bet he continues to slide until he's in the 2nd round range.

-Nate Wiggins drops down to #31-- all that speed is hard to respect when he's so skinny.

-Kamari Lassiter is up to #36; I think he's a dark horse for the Packers' first pick if he tests well.

Ok. Who is DJ? Honestly, I don't recognize the initials.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Fuaga being his #1 OT is spicy. He doesn't have ideal length, but he is aggressive and I like him as a prospect. A lot of people see him moving inside or being a right tackle. He can struggle against speed rushes. I feel like Alt should definitely be above him. Potentially, Olumuyiwa Fashanu should be above him as well. I wish Mims could stay healthy because he has potential and the testing to be elite.. but I'm also a Georgia homer.

That being said, I agree with Lassiter being a dark horse. I was surprised he's not ranked higher because he has elite recovery ability and he's pretty smooth. Wiggins doesn't just have speed, his tape is outstanding!

Barton and JPJ as interior lineman are huge crushes for me. Barton even at RT sounds exciting, but I think we're good there as others have said. Otherwise, I'd put JC up there.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dane Brugler's "The Beast" just dropped this morning on The Athletic. Some initial impressions from it in no particular order:

-Troy Fautanu is his 9th overall player. I hope he goes that high! Sheesh.
-Jaden Hicks is his #1 Safety and 39th overall player.
-Junior Colson is LB1 and #42 overall.
-He's the highest on Andru Phillips that I've seen anywhere (CB9, 61st overall).
-He has Brandon Coleman (OL, TCU) way higher than anyone else-- 66th overall.
-Roger Rosengarten, regarded a 4th rounder by consensus, is at #69.
-Malik Mustapha is 84th overall for him.
-Trevin Wallace is 86th overall for him.

Position specific:

QB:

-Michael Pratt, the QB that I'm most interested in, his a 3rd/4th bubble guy for Brugler.
-He has Kedon Slovis as a fringe draftable player.

OL:

-Brandon Coleman (TCU) has an age listed of 23.54; that's a bummer.
-Caedan Wallace (PSU) is already 24.
-He sees Jordan Morgan at guard.
-Jarrett Kingston (USC) and Karsen Barnhart (UM) are guys that profile like later round Packers that I hadn't noticed previously.

DL:

-Darius Robinson is a 4.65 RAS at DE and an 8.50 at DT; I wonder how they see him.
-Gabriel Murphy (Edge, UCLA) has 30.5" arms, which is literally 0th% for edge.

LB:

-Trevin Wallace is his LB3 with a 3rd round projection-- much higher than I've seen elsewhere.
-Payton Wilson is his LB4 and 88th overall.

CB:

-Jarrian Jones has been a popular pick for GB since he came in for a visit, but Brugler has a 6th round grade on him.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For most of you the draft starts tonight with the Packers 1st pick. I will have some interest earlier than that. JJ McCarthy played at Nazareth Academy his first 3 years in H.S. His senior year Illinois Covid rules had a shortened season and no playoffs so he went to Florida and played at IMG. I ran the clock and scoreboard for every home game he played those 1st 3 years. Best seat in the house, up in the press box at the 50 yard line. I personally interacted with him only once and came away thinking he was a levelheaded, down to earth young man. When the football players who wrestled for me talked about him there was no -he was a prima donna or he thinks he's too good for us. On the contrary I heard - good friend, team player, hard worker. I will enjoy watching this fine young man hear his name called tonight!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For most of you the draft starts tonight with the Packers 1st pick. I will have some interest earlier than that. JJ McCarthy played at Nazareth Academy his first 3 years in H.S. His senior year Illinois Covid rules had a shortened season and no playoffs so he went to Florida and played at IMG. I ran the clock and scoreboard for every home game he played those 1st 3 years. Best seat in the house, up in the press box at the 50 yard line. I personally interacted with him only once and came away thinking he was a levelheaded, down to earth young man. When the football players who wrestled for me talked about him there was no -he was a prima donna or he thinks he's too good for us. On the contrary I heard - good friend, team player, hard worker. I will enjoy watching this fine young man hear his name called tonight!

JJ is going to be overdrafted for who he is, but the progress in his technique and vision over the last year, project that gamble could pay off in a massive way. I predict he is a Viking, Saint or Raider by the end of the night.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got away with some things in H.S. because he was the best player on the field. He cleaned those things up at Michigan and I am sure that one of the intangibles that GMs and coaches like about him is how coachable he is.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Here are where the notable names land for Green Bay with their final mock drafts:

Dane Brugler: Cooper DeJean

Daniel Jeremiah: Cooper DeJean

Pete Schrager: Cooper DeJean

Field Yates: Amarius Mims

Chris Collinsworth: Amarius Mims

Connor Rogers: Cooper DeJean

Bruce Feldman: J.C. Latham (traded up one spot)

Lance Zierlein: Trade out of round 1 (Raiders)-- he doesn't specify, but a package could look like this: pick #44, pick #77, and a 2025 R3 pick

Albert Breer: Jer'Zhan Newton

Ben Solak: Amarius Mims

Josh Norris: Tyler Guyton

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are where the notable names land for Green Bay with their final mock drafts:

Dane Brugler: Cooper DeJean

Daniel Jeremiah: Cooper DeJean

Pete Schrager: Cooper DeJean

Field Yates: Amarius Mims

Chris Collinsworth: Amarius Mims

Connor Rogers: Cooper DeJean

Bruce Feldman: J.C. Latham (traded up one spot)

Lance Zierlein: Trade out of round 1 (Raiders)-- he doesn't specify, but a package could look like this: pick #44, pick #77, and a 2025 R3 pick

Albert Breer: Jer'Zhan Newton

Ben Solak: Amarius Mims

Josh Norris: Tyler Guyton

Truthfully not opposed to any of these, but I still believe Mims and Guyton are not Packers....but I'd LOVE it if we bucked the trends and did nab one. I think Mims will be long gone though, Guyton may be there.

Truthfully the Raider trade (likely up for Penix) would be awesome as Gute could trade back into the late first if he wanted and net picks back though still.

Members online

Latest posts