Brett favre number not to be retired this year

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sure? That's where you want to draw the line??!! :roflmao: I think you protest too much. Hey, you weren't the one yelling obscenities at Rodgers and making a fool of yourself protesting outside Lambeau in '08 were you? Kinda looked like you. :D
Burp

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ple
Yes, lets treat it like a bad break up or divorce. So why would we honor this ex?

Which years exactly did that happen? Did one of those end in Rodgers as SB MVP?
please go review recent Packer/NFL history ..... Specifically the 3 seasons culminating in the year Green Bay last won a Super Bowl As to the larger question as to why Green Bay would want to honor Favre, you may want to review almost the entire decade of the 90s and most of the first decade of the new millennium . Bottom line is there WILL be people who boo Favre when he is eventually honored by Green Bay at Lambeau, probably at Canton as well, they will largely be dismissed as ungrateful or bitter idiots by the vast majority of football fans. Green Bay should not cater to them nor should they fail to honor one of their greatest players.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ple

please go review recent Packer/NFL history ..... Specifically the 3 seasons culminating in the year Green Bay last won a Super Bowl As to the larger question as to why Green Bay would want to honor Favre, you may want to review almost the entire decade of the 90s and most of the first decade of the new millennium . Bottom line is there WILL be people who boo Favre when he is eventually honored by Green Bay at Lambeau, probably at Canton as well, they will largely be dismissed as ungrateful or bitter idiots by the vast majority of football fans. Green Bay should not cater to them nor should they fail to honor one of their greatest players.

Sorry, I dont support honoring a traitor with this great teams highest honor. As far as NFL honors he deserves all of them.

He was the bitter angry one who was hell bent on burning every bridge he could by doing everything he could. He wanted revenge so bad but now he wants to come back. Sorry, I'll pass.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Meh..... Hating is such a waste of time. Somebody up above said "every time he opens his mouth I hate him more" that's sad, why give anyone that kind of power to waste your energy on something negative. Hopefully that person is young and they'll grow out of it. I relish enjoying all the GREAT things Favre brought to the Packers. How incredibly lucky we were to have him. People who would waste energy booing Favre are like people obsessing or carrying around hatred after a bad breakup or even a divorce. I'm not divorced myself but I feel sorry for people I know still wasting time on hating, and I admire or feel good for the people who decided to move on. I have to admit I wasn't sold on Rodgers, I don't think anybody could honestly say they knew he'd be as good as he is. Favre outplayed him for 2 years but long term Rodgers was definitely the right call.

Thank you your holiness :D

I

Ple

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
What is the pressing time issue for getting him back to GB and his number retired? Does it really have to happen soon, and if so, why? Who really cares when it happens?

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the pressing time issue for getting him back to GB and his number retired? Does it really have to happen soon, and if so, why? Who really cares when it happens?
Oshkosh--Doesn't matter to me. You'll have ask the haters--They never want it happen.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sure? That's where you want to draw the line??!! :roflmao: I think you protest too much. Hey, you weren't the one yelling obscenities at Rodgers and making a fool of yourself protesting outside Lambeau in '08 were you? Kinda looked like you. :D
In the words of Ronald Reagan----Well Jackie, there you go again.

You just can't help yourself. Constantly berating and embellishing those who have a potential contrary opinion as you.

You must be a democrat. Your comments above seem very much like those of how liberals view/viewed the Tea Party.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand some fans not wanting Favre to come back, kind of like jr high girls who never talked to Johnny after he jilted their best friend Sally. But seriously, the organization should be better than that, and they will be....eventually

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
there you go again.
No, there you go again. You already replied to that post of mine with your most intelligent post to date on this forum: “Burp”. Replying twice to the same post makes you seem ... obsessed. You must be rethinking not genuflecting for your hero. :D

And if you’re concerned about my political leanings, check out this post – and the entire thread.
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/charles-woodson-and-wis-protesters.26873/page-5#post-357852

Or don’t. I’ll just sit back and enjoy you “stomping up and down” as you insist you really don’t care about the subject of this thread. Can holding your breath to get your way be far behind? :roflmao:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Growing up Brett was my favorite player of all time. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it. I don't hate Brett but it's just not the same after what he did and the way he went about it.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, there you go again. You already replied to that post of mine with your most intelligent post to date on this forum: “Burp”. Replying twice to the same post makes you seem ... obsessed. You must be rethinking not genuflecting for your hero. :D

And if you’re concerned about my political leanings, check out this post – and the entire thread.
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/charles-woodson-and-wis-protesters.26873/page-5#post-357852

Or don’t. I’ll just sit back and enjoy you “stomping up and down” as you insist you really don’t care about the subject of this thread. Can holding your breath to get your way be far behind? :roflmao:
Yes Sir, Jackie.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Growing up Brett was my favorite player of all time. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it. I don't hate Brett but it's just not the same after what he did and the way he went about it.
Agreed.

I

Gentlemen.......I think we all now how everybody feels on this damn subject, there is nothing more to be gained by this back and forth sniping at each other and I add myself here before anybody jumps on me. Just let it go for pity sake. Nobody is going to have a St Paul on the road to Damascus moment here so why continue ?
We are ALL Packer fans supposedly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mark Murphy has stated the he wants Favre to have his number retired before he gets enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So, since he's a guaranteed first ballot guy, that would mean he would need to have his number retired either this year or next.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Mark Murphy has stated the he wants Favre to have his number retired before he gets enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So, since he's a guaranteed first ballot guy, that would mean he would need to have his number retired either this year or next.

Well, we don't always get what we want now do we? No matter if murphy wants it done soon, Ol' number 4 may not want the boo wagon train released on him. I can 100% say that the booing will be most noticeable if he gets this done soon. Farve needs to just eat his humble pie if he decides to come to GB and get his number retired. He deserves to have it retired indeed, but he also needs to take his medicine along with that.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guy got to play almost 2 decades in the NFL doing what he loved to do and he's financially secure for life still doing whatever he wants. I seriously doubt he's going to do much but chuckle at any boo birds. The vast majority of Packer fans are to intelligent and too classy to act in such a manner, there will always be the 10% idiot crowd.