Brett favre number not to be retired this year

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A passionate fan, which, given your comment about collecting paraphrenalia from all different teams you could never understand.
Did you watch the world cup? Have you observed how many of us--NOT YOU, IMPOSTER--react when the Pack wins or loses? Notice how Seattle celebrated with its Super Bowl Victory.

hehehehehe

whats your point with Seattle and World cup ? Teams win championships and are happy and celebrate. A favorite team winning is an excuse to celebrate but it doesn't mean you had anything to do with it. It changes nothing about your life personally so being overly happy or sad (obsessiveness has nothing to do with passion) is a waste of time.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hehehehehe

whats your point with Seattle and World cup ? Teams win championships and are happy and celebrate. A favorite team winning is an excuse to celebrate but it doesn't mean you had anything to do with it. It changes nothing about your life personally so being overly happy or sad (obsessiveness has nothing to do with passion) is a waste of time.

So people who root for all teams under the NFL have license to talk down me by telling me that the passion I--and millions of others--have for this team is a "waste of time", while do-goody interlopers can then report me for responding in kind? Marvelous.
Could you imagine some guy walking in a sports bar, and approaching a couple of Packer fans saying "you know, you had nothing to do with what this teams, and it changes nothing about your life. You guys are just wasting your time." I can scarcely imagine a better way to start a bar fight.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, you have showed no restraint in this forum.

If I were to respond the way I feel like and indeed the way I feel I ought to, you would really have something to report.
So SIR, for the second time, either pm me in private so we can discuss between ourselves and hopefully clear up any misunderstanding, or leave me alone. I have asked twice now, I hope not to have to ask a third time.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't know anything about what I understand about what sports “is and isn’t” (yikes). From what you've posted I understand you aren't a Packers fan. Everything you post reinforces that. You apparently think anyone who is a fan of a particular team is inferior to you; that includes the majority of NFL fans. Apparently you need to believe that to boost your self-esteem.

The posting this excellent gentleman responded to was what I was referring to. I agree with this characterization correctly and, to use just one word to describe that characterization, I choose "imposter."

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure most or all of us have seen the articles in the paper that Mark Murphy wants to wait a year or two before GB retires #4 and there has been a few similar threads but when the time comes to bring Brett back and retire his number and you were sitting inside Lambeau Field, would you boo or cheer?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither. I sit silently. ...or leave to go get a beer ...or two.

It's only out of respect for the organization, the Super Bowl he helped us win and his playing hurt all those year, that I wouldn't boo.

He pulled more than enough BS however for me to never "cheer" him. That ain' happnin.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither. I sit silently. ...or leave to go get a beer ...or two.

It's only out of respect for the organization, the Super Bowl he helped us win and his playing hurt all those year, that I wouldn't boo.

He pulled more than enough BS however for me to never "cheer" him. That ain' happnin.
He did IMO tarnish his legacy.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what I would do: I would have added the opening post of this thread to one of the (seemingly hundreds) of threads on this subject.
Being new to this forum I still knew that there were similar threads on this subject in the past,however, you knowing that, still decided to chime in your 2 cents worth,real funny,ever think of going on stage?If you don't like a thread, ignore it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I may or may not be in the minority on this, but I cheer. I was a huge fan of Brett and the guy was instrumental in bringing the organization and town and fans something it hadn't come close to experiencing in three decades: a Super Bowl title. In addition, he gave 100% to the organization every Sunday for a decade and a half. Having said that, the way he went out was ugly, and I hated the fact that he went to the Vikings. But I guess for me, I got closure in the fact that the Vikings choked in the NFC championship as only the Vikings can, and a year later we went on to win the Super Bowl with our QB of the future. I've moved on at this point, and would rather focus on the good times with regard to Brett

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
ThxJack was correct in the shear volume of Favre threads. Any would have been good for this old news. I merged the latest with this one so the OP of the latest thread can see what his thread will devolve to in a few weeks.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I will stay quiet. There was a long time where I would have boo'd. I think he doesn't deserve to have his number retired by the team.

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definately cheer him, he did a lot for this organization during the time he was here. Was it an ugly ending, yes, but we still came out better with the chance to move on with Rodgers! I am not one to hold grudges and honestly is hard for me to understand why others do, but I would guess we are all wired different.

Just remember, had Favre not waffled and finally retired, would we still have Rodgers? Forget the ugliness that came after, he did us a favor and made it easy for us to move on.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definately cheer him, he did a lot for this organization during the time he was here. Was it an ugly ending, yes, but we still came out better with the chance to move on with Rodgers! I am not one to hold grudges and honestly is hard for me to understand why others do, but I would guess we are all wired different.

Just remember, had Favre not waffled and finally retired, would we still have Rodgers? Forget the ugliness that came after, he did us a favor and made it easy for us to move on.

To me it was when he called other teams around the league randomly and tried to tell them everything he knew about our offense. Thats hard to get over for me.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it was when he called other teams around the league randomly and tried to tell them everything he knew about our offense. Thats hard to get over for me.
You have teams which is plural.
So he called more than just the Lions?

Members online

Latest posts