Brett favre number not to be retired this year

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don´t worry though, his INT and fumble records are safe for the moment.

I have recently read that Eli is actually on pace to pass the career INT record. He'd have to play as long as Favre did you actually pass him though.

I'd laugh--Payton gets the good records, Eli gets the crap ones.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was the original primadonna. Pretty much mauled a guy in the stands at a game. Did you ever watch the whole Burn's baseball documentary ? talked a lot about the history of Cobb
I went and looked him up.

Yeah, Cobb went into the stands and beat up a heckler who only had one hand with three fingers missing.
He was scum. Cobb, not the heckler.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have recently read that Eli is actually on pace to pass the career INT record. He'd have to play as long as Favre did you actually pass him though.

And Eli gets the rings.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton Manning needs only 18 TD passes to surpass Favre, a record he will break in 2014, and trails him by 6,874 career passing yards, a mark he would probably reach if he decides to return for another season in 2015.

Don´t worry though, his INT and fumble records are safe for the moment.
Don't count your seeds before they sprout.

They were all thinking that Peyton was going to break BrINT's record of most consecutive starts and then he got that season ending injury.
We shall see and as long as Peyton stays healthy, I hope he breaks those records.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
none of that was possible without Favre. I guarantee with no doubt that Brunell wouldn't have made any of that possible in the passing game. Receivers are no more amazing unless the ball gets to them.

and of course Favre leads the league in certain negative stats. You cant succeed unless you try and he did it longer than most anyone. He must be the reason Green Bay succeeded because it was damn well obvious he was the Reason the Vikings succeeded while he was slower and older by then.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Did I say anywhere in my post that Favre had nothing to do with it? I don't recall mentioning the name Brett Favre in my post at all. My response was to a post saying WE had bad receivers. I disagreed. You need to relax man.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

well LOL its a debatable comparison because Eli just had one of the most freakish INT extra credit seasons ever.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The NYC media would eat him alive before he came close to that record. I would be surprised if anyone broke it in the next 2 decades

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NYC media would eat him alive before he came close to that record. I would be surprised if anyone broke it in the next 2 decades

Honestly, I don't think anyone will.

Favre was, if you will, the last great quarterback of the "gunslingers." Elway's interception rate was 3.1%, Marino 3.0%, Favre 3.3%.

Contemporary great QBs are measured by in large part by their interception rate. Rodgers is at 1.8%, Brady at 2.0%, Manning and Brees at 2.6%. Even the "terrible" Schaub is at 2.6%, Romo at 2.7%. If you're a true franchise quarterback, your rate is going to be chasing 2.0.

Cutler and Eli are both at 3.4%, thus a big part of why people have a hard time calling them elite. Eli just has enough attempts to maybe catch Favre.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think anyone will.

Favre was, if you will, the last great quarterback of the "gunslingers." Elway's interception rate was 3.1%, Marino 3.0%, Favre 3.3%.

Contemporary great QBs are measured by in large part by their interception rate. Rodgers is at 1.8%, Brady at 2.0%, Manning and Brees at 2.6%. Even the "terrible" Schaub is at 2.6%, Romo at 2.7%. If you're a true franchise quarterback, your rate is going to be chasing 2.0.

Cutler and Eli are both at 3.4%, thus a big part of why people have a hard time calling them elite. Eli just has enough attempts to maybe catch Favre.

I was going to say ever but I backed off bc things change. The game changes. Few records last as long as people think. But yeah I would be surprised if I ever saw it broken.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Eli would retire if he was coming close to breaking that record, that is just how much of a giant baby he is. New york as a city would boo him out of town, or just run him over with a taxi cab.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robert Brooks had several 1000 yard receiving seasons. In 95 he had 102 receptions, 1497 yards, and 13 TDS, not too shabby. The year we wont the super bowl he played in seven regular season games and had 7 TDs. Robert Brooks was a fantastic receiver. Freeman's stats are even better. In the late 90's he had 3 straight 1000 yard seasons scoring double digit TDs all three years. Beebe was a solid possession receiver, a lot like Wes Welker. You're also forgetting that those teams had two AMAZING receiving tight ends in Keith Jackson and Mark Chmura, not to mention the fact that during the Super Bowl run Favre had Andre Rison to throw to. That was a pretty damn good receiving group, and if you don't know that, you probably weren't watching the Packers in the mid to late 90's.

In 1996 (the season in question) Robert Brooks injured his knee in week 7 and missed the rest of the year, yes he was fantastic but he wasn't playing for most of the season. Beebee was nowhere close to Welker's level and Freeman was basically James Jones. Andre Rison played FIVE games for the Packers during the regular season with a total of 135 yards receiving. Why do you think Ron Wolf always said his greatest regret was not getting Favre more weapons?? Because Wolf wanted an amazing-er receiving group?

So, in closing, an amazing WR corp is a WR group with a terrific WR who only plays six games, a high-end #2 WR, a 32 year old WR who had never caught more than 40 passes in a season, 5 games of Andre Rison and a TE past his prime playing in his final season and Chmura (a very good TE but hardly an elite receiving TE). Wow, then what word would we use to desccribe the receiving talent that Green Bay has had recently? Because if the 1996 group was amazing, then they haven't invented a word to encompass the sheer overpowering awesomeness that we've had recently.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I say anywhere in my post that Favre had nothing to do with it? I don't recall mentioning the name Brett Favre in my post at all. My response was to a post saying WE had bad receivers. I disagreed. You need to relax man.

Maybe that's where we got our wires crossed. At no point in my post did I say we had a bad receiving group. I simply stated that they were hardly amazing. There's a lot of middle ground between bad and amazing. I would say our WR group by the end of the year in 1996 was about average.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli would retire if he was coming close to breaking that record, that is just how much of a giant baby he is. New york as a city would boo him out of town, or just run him over with a taxi cab.
Eli: I'm walking here! I'm walking!
NYC Cab Driver: So what? Your Eli Manning! Take that you s**t!

H

HardRightEdge

It's simple.

First he has to be inducted into the Pro Football HOF, whereby his career will be celebrated by the entire NFL community. All of the sports world will be touched by his tearful acceptance speech and will recount the excitement and drama that was Favre.

After all that, booing him at Lambeau would appear more jerky and should be more muted than otherwise, regardless of whether it's deserved.

Further, the Seahawks' PA guy should be hired for the day to pipe in 120 dbs of wildly cheering fans to drown out whatever booing may occur.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Has there been any Packer Hall of famer who was inducted into the NFL Hall first?

Arnie Herber (Green Bay native....Green Bay West High), Clarke Hinkle, Cak Hubbard, Don Hutson, Curly Lambeau (Green Bay native....Green Bay East High), Vince Lombardi, Johnny Blood, and Mike Michalske were all inducted to the NFL Hall of Fame first.

Forrest Gregg, Bart Starr, Jan Stenerud, and Reggie White were inducted to both Halls Of Fame in the same year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple.

First he has to be inducted into the Pro Football HOF, whereby his career will be celebrated by the entire NFL community. All of the sports world will be touched by his tearful acceptance speech and will recount the excitement and drama that was Favre.

After all that, booing him at Lambeau would appear more jerky and should be more muted than otherwise, regardless of whether it's deserved.

Further, the Seahawks' PA guy should be hired for the day to pipe in 120 dbs of wildly cheering fans to drown out whatever booing may occur.
Even though I pretty much agree with what you wrote I ended up giving you the "funny" for that last line.
Because it made me laugh. That's why.

That tearful acceptance speech? Yup. You got that right.
He just better not say one thing or repeat about how his first year in Minnesota was with the best team he had ever been on if he doesn't want boos at Lambeau.

Hopefully though the fans will boo him no matter when he goes back.
Or maybe it will be a ceremony held in a room somewhere and they will just show it on the video screen so that he won't have to hear the boos in person?

D

Dan115

Arnie Herber (Green Bay native....Green Bay West High), Clarke Hinkle, Cak Hubbard, Don Hutson, Curly Lambeau (Green Bay native....Green Bay East High), Vince Lombardi, Johnny Blood, and Mike Michalske were all inducted to the NFL Hall of Fame first.

Forrest Gregg, Bart Starr, Jan Stenerud, and Reggie White were inducted to both Halls Of Fame in the same year.

The Packer Hall was open in what year?

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts