2016 Playoffs round 2 -- in big D

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Burnett to play in the box a lot against Dallas helping minimize their run game. The OLB's MUST contain the edge and nullify Dak's run option... make him hand off or pass from the pocket.

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a big point will be whether the Pack can overcome that vaunted O-Line. If Zeke can gash us and Dak (or Romo) has time to throw, then that will take the ball out of Rodgers hand.

Not sure if Dez will be playing, but we will need to shut him down as well as we did to OBJ today.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That was a hell of a performance by Aaron Rodgers and that Packers offense and that defense hung in there despite some of their injuries.

Rodgers just dropped 38 on what to me was the best defense left in the postseason.

Really looking forward to next week. It's gonna be a fantastic football game between two really good football teams.

I feel like Dallas needs to run the ball effectively to play keep away from Rodgers otherwise could be a long night. That offense is rolling and will be difficult to slow down.

Good luck to you guys. May the best team win.

Could we interest Zeke, Dak and some of the boys in a boat ride with Justine Bieber tomorrow? :coffee:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Was only 6 to 0 and saw this..

Packers can't win with out Nelson

I would trade Rodgers if it meant we got rid of TT, MM, and Capers

Rodgers is a fair weather qb

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think our D matches up well with all their weapons. Hopefully Dak finally plays like a rookie.

I predict we either win by a little (thanks to AR and turnovers) or lose by a ton.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we scored 38 on that Giants D, I don't see how we get slowed down by the Cowboys.

So the question is. Does Dak and Zeke win time of possession by a huge margin and limit Rodgers' possessions? AR will certainly need to continue playing mistake free football. And Dak will need to make a couple of rookie mistakes.

I'm so ready for this one.

I think as play mistake free the game is ours. Last time we met 3 fumbles 1 int .... I do not see happening again.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I would not rule out Jordy just yet depending on the injury. If he has a punctured or bruised lung, then it is probably safe to rule him out. If he has a fractured or bruised rib, Jordy Nelson plays with added pads. I am an athletic trainer and it is not uncommon for players to play with fractured or bruised ribs. Its just a pain management thing. Considering it is playoffs, I can't see him not suiting up. Yet again, who would have thought we had the depth at receiver to lose Jordy Nelson and put up 4 TD's. This offense is scary good.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Bottom line: We need to sell out to stopping the run. That's the only way they neutralize Rodgers and the O.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have played 3 of the top 6 scoring defenses in the NFL during this streak. They have put up 38 each time! Now each of those was at home but still this offense is clicking

Piggybacking on this, we're averaging just under 33 points per game over our last 6, having played against 4 top 10 defenses.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
and I would like to publicly apologize to MM..my knee jerk reactions to this team ALWAYS come back to kick me in the ***..why I second guess this organization is beyond me but that's why I love the Pack..never give in no matter the circumstances..Jordy or not we beat Dallas next week
I'll respectfully disagree with you there. I will hold MM personally responsible for that atrocious decision to run it straight up the middle on their 40 when the Giants are stacking the box on 4th down. I don't mind going for it, but cut it outside, slant pass, SOMETHING other than the abomination Mikey called. A-Rod saved Mike's butt yesterday IMHO.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Piggybacking on this, we're averaging just under 33 points per game over our last 6, having played against 4 top 10 defenses.
Also, you wanna know the last time, in the Aaron Rodgers era, that the Packers have put up 30+ points in 5 straight games? Never. This is the first time, dating back to the Seattle game, that an Aaron Rodgers led team has scored 30+ in 5 straight games, all wins.

I don't think some quite understand how dominant this offense is right now.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I checked Dallas' schedule. They swept a weak NFC North (yes that includes the Pack when they played), went 3-3 in the division (the last Iggle game was a throwaway) and faced the AFC North. Not saying there weren't challenges in there, but these guys haven't faced a fired up/hungry team like what they're going to face next week. Pack's playoffs started a month ago when they started to run the table. They are now on a 7-game winning streak and have won 6 games against playoff teams, with their only loss being against this same Dallas team.

In a dome Rodgers is lethal. He's finally found his mojo again, and he's playing like a freaking sorcerer. Yes this will be a big game and a huge challenge, but I'm not sure Dallas is going to be ready for these guys, especially if we get Jordy back.

Can't wait. Win or go home.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll respectfully disagree with you there. I will hold MM personally responsible for that atrocious decision to run it straight up the middle on their 40 when the Giants are stacking the box on 4th down. I don't mind going for it, but cut it outside, slant pass, SOMETHING other than the abomination Mikey called. A-Rod saved Mike's butt yesterday IMHO.

We can bash McCarthy but we called a great 30 plus minutes of football minus the 4th down call. He had a great defense on its heels.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just some reports I've seen on Twitter (nothing confirmed) but a first look at Jordy showed multiple broken ribs, a collapsed lung, and a lacerated spleen. If any of this is true, I'd be shocked if he returns for this playoff run.

:(

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
We can bash McCarthy but we called a great 30 plus minutes of football minus the 4th down call. He had a great defense on its heels.
McCarthy's play call is worthy of ridicule in that instance. The rest of the game went well enough but we were fortunate the Giants were dropping passes. Can't afford that level of negligence next week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is just some reports I've seen on Twitter (nothing confirmed) but a first look at Jordy showed multiple broken ribs, a collapsed lung, and a lacerated spleen. If any of this is true, I'd be shocked if he returns for this playoff run.

:(
Out for entire playoffs