2016 Playoffs round 2 -- in big D

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This will certainly not be a blow out, win or lose.

I think AR is going to go bananas. One of them games where we just need 3 or 4 stops from the D, and the offense should be able to do the rest. Dak cannot continue to be flawless.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If we scored 38 on that Giants D, I don't see how we get slowed down by the Cowboys.

So the question is. Does Dak and Zeke win time of possession by a huge margin and limit Rodgers' possessions? AR will certainly need to continue playing mistake free football. And Dak will need to make a couple of rookie mistakes.

I'm so ready for this one.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have a feeling we will get blown out, they rested this week, we didn't, and we travel. If I was their coach I'm dusting off the 49ers playbook against us with a running QB, and coupled with Elliot will be unstoppable. It also keeps Arod on the bench.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was great for the Packers to finally get the Giants playoff monkey off their backs. Dropped passes were huge today for the Giants. Best way to beat the Cowboys next week is to keep their offense off the field with time of possession.5 straight punts to start the game won't work next week. Running the ball will be important.

Reaction score
Once again... we run the ball with Christine Michael he will beast on them he has a good chance! Fresh legs & better running back then ty or rip

Reaction score
It was great for the Packers to finally get the Giants playoff monkey off their backs. Dropped passes were huge today for the Giants. Best way to beat the Cowboys next week is to keep their offense off the field with time of possession.5 straight punts to start the game won't work next week. Running the ball will be important.
This guy knows what I'm talking about lol

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordy can't go? like I said use Monty in the slot and use Michael more in the run game. Stuff zeke and make Dak beat us throwing the ball. Ill take Rodgers in a dome against anyone! If the defense can get a few stops or turnovers we win.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just beat a better D in New York and now we gonna beat the Cowboys ***** to high heaven. Zekey boy aint gonna do nothing in this game and we gonna hang up 40 plus on these Cowboy clowns.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We saw last year how valuable Jordy is. Hope his ribs are not broken and only badly bruised. Not having Jordy is something that is the only gray cloud coming out of this game.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see more Michael. Michael should be our primary ball carrier. Sprinkle in rip and Monty, but it's fairly obvious that Michael is our best runner. Prolly have to simplify some stuff though

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have played 3 of the top 6 scoring defenses in the NFL during this streak. They have put up 38 each time! Now each of those was at home but still this offense is clicking

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta get a Seattle game out of the Defense next week..turnovers will be big in this game..Gunter is going to have to come up big against Dez who didn't go in the first game they played..but this is a different Packers team rolling into Dallas next Sunday..almost positive Jordy isn't playing..the still picture of him on the cart speaks volumes about his condition right now..needless to say the receiver corps has to step up like tonight..I have a good feeling GB is gonna pull out a tight one led by the best QB in football..and I would like to publicly apologize to MM..my knee jerk reactions to this team ALWAYS come back to kick me in the ***..why I second guess this organization is beyond me but that's why I love the Pack..never give in no matter the circumstances..Jordy or not we beat Dallas next week

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to be a good challenge for both teams. Dallas I'm sure is confident as they should be. Going to take another strong defensive effort. Perkins and Jennings are no Zeke, but Rodgers also poses much more of a threat than the Giants offense would have.

I'm not going in expecting a win, you can't discount how good Dallas has been all year. But Rodgers is the X factor that makes it possible. He's playing at a different level than he was in the first game.

We'll have to see what the status of Jordy and Ty will be. Can't wait for next Sunday.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't play a 2 safety game against Dallas. Need to step up the Run defence better.

It'll be a high scoring game and I expect Rodgers to give us the edge.

Sky King

Reaction score
For those of you old enough to remember, the George Allen Redskins he stifled the Packers running game in the playoffs by putting five D-lineman on the front instead of only four. It worked beautifully because Packer QB Scott Hunter was not a dynamic passing threat. I'm not suggesting the same type of defense by the Packers. Only the point that Capers may need to pull something particularly clever or unusual out of his hat to effectively stifle Ezekiel and the Cowboys.

It would also help greatly if the Packers offense built-up enough of an early lead to force the Cowboys offense into playing keep-up, catch-up. This is entirely new territory for Dak - intense and heavy pressure that they just cannot have experienced during the regular season of a rookie season, no less. Having never carried a team on his shoulders in the playoffs can he do it or will the pressure get to him? This where a veteran presence might be even better. Romo is tanned, rested and ready (i.e., not injured) just in case he's needed. Nice back-up option for them to have.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to be a good challenge for both teams. Dallas I'm sure is confident as they should be. Going to take another strong defensive effort. Perkins and Jennings are no Zeke, but Rodgers also poses much more of a threat than the Giants offense would have.

I'm not going in expecting a win, you can't discount how good Dallas has been all year. But Rodgers is the X factor that makes it possible. He's playing at a different level than he was in the first game.

We'll have to see what the status of Jordy and Ty will be. Can't wait for next Sunday.
I hope Nelson can play.

It'll be a shame if a great player like that misses a game of this magnitude.

I can't wait for the game either. As a fan these are the most exciting moments. This is the playoffs with everything on the line and getting to see two really good teams battle each other.

The playoff game a few years ago was one of the best playoff games in recent memory imo and I'd fully anticipate this game to be that kind of exciting, down to the wire type finish.

Members online

Latest posts