1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Your fav Packer team

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    yooperpackerfan, you had the luxury of "living" with the Green Bay Packers. For me, growing up in an area dominated by Bear fans, I nearly "died" everyday on the sandlot as the only Packer "kid" dumb enough to draw a big green #5 on my white sweat shirt and end up at the bottom of a pile on a fumble. It was a death wish waiting to happen and I received a lot of "late" hits! Thank God for those plastic helmets back then :cautious:

2. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +360
    You had balls and grew up a better man for it.
    Good for you!

3. Bignutz

Bignutz I'm a victim of coicumstances!

Ratings:
    +49
    1966, Those guys were my heros when I was a kid.:inlove:

4. Bignutz

Bignutz I'm a victim of coicumstances!

Ratings:
    +49
    I'll never forget Al Harris returning that int for a TD! Was hoarse from yelling so loud!:eek:

5. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +486
    67 team won the Ice Bowl.

6. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    You're right, Dan! '67 team! I see that I lumped that game in with the '66 team. My bad! Great teams, all the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    Correct on both points! At least I had enough sense left from those shots to the melon to not go over to the Bears camp.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +326
    If 4th and 26 never gets brought up again, it will be too soon. That was possibly the most unacceptable thing I have ever seen done on a football field, just should not have happened. Actually I take that back, the most unacceptable thing I have ever seen on the football field was the playoff game against the Cardinals. The referee's in that game were flocking blind. Larry Fitzgerald scored 2 touchdowns on plays that were 2 of the clearest examples of offensive pass interference in the history of the game. Then in overtime A-Rod misses a wide open Jennings for an easy TD on the first play of OT, which is followed up by the next play, A-Rod being tackled by his face mask on the fumble that was returned for a TD.

And with that, my rant is done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    ALL that.
    Our offense that year, the loss to Arizona, was better than the 2010 Super Bowl offense, and IMO the 2011 offense.
    We were almost unstoppable. Finley was a nightmare for everyone, had more speed than now, and we utilized his heighth.

The refs did let Fitzgerald get away with shove city on Woodson.
    But our defense didn't come close to laying a finger on Warner all game long.
    He had 5 TD passes I think, and 4 incomplete passes.
    Still with all that, had Rodgers not overthrown the wide open Jennings in OT, it would have been a sensational all-time Packer moment.
    Jennings needed to find that extra gear.

10. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    Born in 1986, I count my fandom as beginning in 1994 because that is my earliest memory of establishing my choice for my favorite team. I still remember rearing back and slugging my step brother in the chest as hard as I could after his Cowboys beat us in the playoffs.

I can't say I remember much about the 1996 season, as this was long before Sunday Ticket and what not. I also was 9-10 years old, but I do remember the Super Bowl. I have since rewatched it and appreciate it EVEN MORE now but as a kid I remember the image of Favre running off the field with his helmet off. I also remember being bummed that he didn't win the MVP of that game. Gosh I used to fantasize about being Favre and throwing TD passes to Freeman SO MUCH...

A lot of single games from seasons inbetween like the MNF game vs. Oakland and what not.

2007 really stands out for me. Favre broke records that season, he OT TD BOMB to Jennings vs. Denver. Of course the NFCC was a real kick in the nuts... would have loved to see Favre ride off into the sunset and a Super Bowl champion and never have those strange Jets and Vikings years.

2008-2013 has been REALLY special for me and this is when being a Packers fan has REALLY took off. Firstly, being from Chico NOW is a good thing because SO MANY MORE Packers games are being shown locally. Rodgers is from Chico so I know that has a ton to do with it... but I am not complaining. Instead of seeing about 4-6 games a season I now get to see 10+ usually. The ones not aired locally I can make other arrangements to view that I did not know about., like local sports bars who show EVERY Packers game.

Of the seasons mentioned about, 2010 and 2011 stand out. 2010 for obvious reasons + we CREAMED the Cowboys on primetime TV and my father in law is a HUGE Cowboys fan. Secondly going 15-1 in the regular season was just amazing. THAT was the greatest show on turf.

11. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    Thank you for also noticing that. I was screaming about that during that game and it still makes me mad. The Rodgers missing Jennings thing too is also disappointing, he seemed to have time and a clear shot at him. I have to imagine it was one of those "This is too good to be true" kind of things where he just gets missed because he couldn't believe how open he was.

12. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,166
    Anyone that wins if I`m honest :D