Your fav Packer team

Reaction score
They really are.
Kind of brings a tear to my eye.
All of us kids in the neighborhood just lived and died with the Green Bay Packers.

Now I'm starting to feel like my dad, living in the past.
Must be that Lombardi show I watched on Christmas day.

yooperpackerfan, you had the luxury of "living" with the Green Bay Packers. For me, growing up in an area dominated by Bear fans, I nearly "died" everyday on the sandlot as the only Packer "kid" dumb enough to draw a big green #5 on my white sweat shirt and end up at the bottom of a pile on a fumble. It was a death wish waiting to happen and I received a lot of "late" hits! Thank God for those plastic helmets back then :cautious:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperpackerfan, you had the luxury of "living" with the Green Bay Packers. For me, growing up in an area dominated by Bear fans, I nearly "died" everyday on the sandlot as the only Packer "kid" dumb enough to draw a big green #5 on my white sweat shirt and end up at the bottom of a pile on a fumble. It was a death wish waiting to happen and I received a lot of "late" hits! Thank God for those plastic helmets back then :cautious:
You had balls and grew up a better man for it.
Good for you!

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
1966, Those guys were my heros when I was a kid.:inlove:

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
I'll never forget Al Harris returning that int for a TD! Was hoarse from yelling so loud!:eek:

D

Dan115

No under-performing teams during that decade, yooperpackfan! And you're right, it is difficult to single just one team out. Disciplined hard-nosed mean nasty tough-minded talented players who just flat out would not accept the thought of losing a game. Great teams!

Packerlifer, no doubt that '62 team was a force to be reckoned with! Can't ever forget just how good those pre-Super Bowl teams were during the 60's. They laid the foundation.

Hard decision, but if I have to narrow it down to just one team, I think I would have to agree that the '66 team would be my choice. It was also my favorite and most enjoyable season to date! The "Ice Bowl" victory and the first team to be crowned Super Bowl champions. Great memories!
67 team won the Ice Bowl.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If 4th and 26 never gets brought up again, it will be too soon. That was possibly the most unacceptable thing I have ever seen done on a football field, just should not have happened. Actually I take that back, the most unacceptable thing I have ever seen on the football field was the playoff game against the Cardinals. The referee's in that game were flocking blind. Larry Fitzgerald scored 2 touchdowns on plays that were 2 of the clearest examples of offensive pass interference in the history of the game. Then in overtime A-Rod misses a wide open Jennings for an easy TD on the first play of OT, which is followed up by the next play, A-Rod being tackled by his face mask on the fumble that was returned for a TD.

And with that, my rant is done.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If 4th and 26 never gets brought up again, it will be too soon. That was possibly the most unacceptable thing I have ever seen done on a football field, just should not have happened. Actually I take that back, the most unacceptable thing I have ever seen on the football field was the playoff game against the Cardinals. The referee's in that game were flocking blind. Larry Fitzgerald scored 2 touchdowns on plays that were 2 of the clearest examples of offensive pass interference in the history of the game. Then in overtime A-Rod misses a wide open Jennings for an easy TD on the first play of OT, which is followed up by the next play, A-Rod being tackled by his face mask on the fumble that was returned for a TD.

ALL that.
Our offense that year, the loss to Arizona, was better than the 2010 Super Bowl offense, and IMO the 2011 offense.
We were almost unstoppable. Finley was a nightmare for everyone, had more speed than now, and we utilized his heighth.

The refs did let Fitzgerald get away with shove city on Woodson.
But our defense didn't come close to laying a finger on Warner all game long.
He had 5 TD passes I think, and 4 incomplete passes.
Still with all that, had Rodgers not overthrown the wide open Jennings in OT, it would have been a sensational all-time Packer moment.
Jennings needed to find that extra gear.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Born in 1986, I count my fandom as beginning in 1994 because that is my earliest memory of establishing my choice for my favorite team. I still remember rearing back and slugging my step brother in the chest as hard as I could after his Cowboys beat us in the playoffs.

I can't say I remember much about the 1996 season, as this was long before Sunday Ticket and what not. I also was 9-10 years old, but I do remember the Super Bowl. I have since rewatched it and appreciate it EVEN MORE now but as a kid I remember the image of Favre running off the field with his helmet off. I also remember being bummed that he didn't win the MVP of that game. Gosh I used to fantasize about being Favre and throwing TD passes to Freeman SO MUCH...

A lot of single games from seasons inbetween like the MNF game vs. Oakland and what not.

2007 really stands out for me. Favre broke records that season, he OT TD BOMB to Jennings vs. Denver. Of course the NFCC was a real kick in the nuts... would have loved to see Favre ride off into the sunset and a Super Bowl champion and never have those strange Jets and Vikings years.

2008-2013 has been REALLY special for me and this is when being a Packers fan has REALLY took off. Firstly, being from Chico NOW is a good thing because SO MANY MORE Packers games are being shown locally. Rodgers is from Chico so I know that has a ton to do with it... but I am not complaining. Instead of seeing about 4-6 games a season I now get to see 10+ usually. The ones not aired locally I can make other arrangements to view that I did not know about., like local sports bars who show EVERY Packers game.

Of the seasons mentioned about, 2010 and 2011 stand out. 2010 for obvious reasons + we CREAMED the Cowboys on primetime TV and my father in law is a HUGE Cowboys fan. Secondly going 15-1 in the regular season was just amazing. THAT was the greatest show on turf.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thank you for also noticing that. I was screaming about that during that game and it still makes me mad. The Rodgers missing Jennings thing too is also disappointing, he seemed to have time and a clear shot at him. I have to imagine it was one of those "This is too good to be true" kind of things where he just gets missed because he couldn't believe how open he was.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts