You all blame Barry but refuse to blame MLf

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Under MLF, the Packers have lost 3 straight elimination games at home, not 4. In 2019, the Packers got crushed in SF. Are you implying that the upcoming Bear game is a sure loss? Nevertheless, MLF doesn't instill much confidence and you can make the case that the Packers have a home field disadvantage in these elimination games. If the Packers lay an egg against the Bears, is it grounds for being fired for being a choker? With only one year left before he retires, I don't see MM firing MFL. I think MLF would need to commit a felony to get fired and he knows it. That said, the Packers can win despite MLF be having Love carry them with a great game or the Bears could just suck.
I'd like to go on the record as saying that if we lost to the Bears by a close score, it would not necessarily constitute "laying an egg". At the moment, the Bears are playing as if they are one of the best teams in the NFC.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to go on the record as saying that if we lost to the Bears by a close score, it would not necessarily constitute "laying an egg". At the moment, the Bears are playing as if they are one of the best teams in the NFC.
And in a sense we have slightly overachieved this season. Prognosticators predicted we would battle for the final spot in the division with the Bears while the Lions and Vikings would fight for the top. That is not to say we could have done more. We are in the first year of a rebuild. The Bears have been rebuilding for like 5.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Their GM is not stupid. They have had a long dry spell.
Caleb Williams has hinted he doesn't want to play in Chicago. I could see the Bears trading back with Washington, Atlanta, Denver or Seattle. They'd get multiple 1's (& more) and still be able to draft Maye, Daniels or McCarthy. Poles is smart & for the next few years will have at least (2) #1 picks with his deals.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Caleb Williams has hinted he doesn't want to play in Chicago. I could see the Bears trading back with Washington, Atlanta, Denver or Seattle. They'd get multiple 1's (& more) and still be able to draft Maye, Daniels or McCarthy. Poles is smart & for the next few years will have at least (2) #1 picks with his deals.
He wouldn't have the #1 this year if the Panthers had done what the Texans did. But yes, trading down from a top 3-5 should always give you another #1 next season.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
And in a sense we have slightly overachieved this season. Prognosticators predicted we would battle for the final spot in the division with the Bears while the Lions and Vikings would fight for the top. That is not to say we could have done more. We are in the first year of a rebuild. The Bears have been rebuilding for like 5.
Lol, or 40.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wouldn't have the #1 this year if the Panthers had done what the Texans did. But yes, trading down from a top 3-5 should always give you another #1 next season.
I can't see the Bears doing either of these things. Williams they don't need...and a trade back doesn't fix the O-Line. Joe Alt will go #1 to the Bears.

Catamount1971

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alt #1, never happen. Somebody desperately wants Williams, Bears trade back & still get Harrison Jr. or OL help.
The Bears will take Williams at 1, since Fields hasn’t convinced anyone that he is the guy after this final performance. I live in the Chicagoland area and listen to the stupidity of the sports talk radio everyday for a good laugh.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me beat the haters to it:

If we don't win next week MLF should be fired for losing a playoff game 4 out of the last 5 years!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me beat the haters to it:

If we don't win next week MLF should be fired for losing a playoff game 4 out of the last 5 years!
Nah... but still Fire Joe Barry! As good as the D has played last 2 weeks it only proves the talent IS there, but not regularly being used properly.

Members online