You all blame Barry but refuse to blame MLf

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murphy held on to Ted way too long. He should have recognized that Ted was having issues.
I hate Barry...Lafleur doesn't get a pass either. He has watched this garbage defense fold too often under Barry's leadership. Get a real d.c. and go back to 4-3!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does not seem able to keep the pulse of the D, special teams and O at the same time. I think he spends too much time on play calling. Does not seem capable of juggling all of it like the SF coach seems to be able to do. I mean, why not just call half the game? Let someone else mix it up for awhile. Is it gonna ruin the game plan. Like they say about battles; the minute the battle starts the battle plan changes.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been negative on the Pack for quite some time for hanging on to personel to long. But when we beat the Lions and Chiefs, I stated it's been a long time since I've seen the Pack as a real aggressive team and maybe was wrong.
Yesterday was a sad,sad day in Packer history. I've now had enough. It all starts at the top. The board of directors need to see the writing on the wall and turn this organization around.
1. Murphy gone
2. Next man needs to be the face of an organization that is not interested in smiley pictures but winning SB's.
3. Coaches, GM's, the same as #2.
4. By doing so, a complete evaluation of what we have and what we need way before the next draft.

If we don't do this, I just expect more of the same. Some games look good, some bad, lose in the play-offs if we get there(but won't if we don't have a MVP QB).
We are the PACKERS, not the queens, chargers, bills, lions. It's way past time to get our name where it should be.
Flame me if you want, but I've seen enough and there's really no need for me to comment more until there are changes but I'll always be a PACKER FAN and will never give up.
GO PACK GO.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so fast my friend. The blind loyalist that is MLF has a seat that is heating up drastically. Barry we all knew was a rotten choice from the outset. Blind loyalty showed the hamburglar the door. MLF better watch his step as he appears to be exactly the same.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody at 1265 is blameless but pink slipping everyone is a severe over reaction, imho. MLF trusts his coordinators to do their jobs well & he gives them the freedom to do so. Prior to '22 the SpecialTeams were dead last in overall rankings, under Bisaccia they're currently ranked 19 per PFF. MLF isn't a micromanager ...but Barry has shown his true colors and can't be counted on to run an NFL-caliber D so MLF needs to correct this.

Murphy isn't micromanaging Gute, & Gute isn't micromanaging MLF...they're all allowing those below them to do their job.

Catamount1971

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone needs to step up and do their job then. If you perform this poorly at your job, you don’t last long. The same result should be for the DC. If I have someone on my team that isn’t making me successful, time to move them along.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's a solid argument to be made that MLF isn't the good HC that people think he is because he fails at one of the most fundamental aspects of his position -- surrounding himself with a competent coaching staff.

This isn't a Joe Barry only problem, it's a constant recurring theme. Shawn Mennenga, Mo Drayton, Joe Barry. Other than Rick Bisaccia falling into his lap, his handpicked staff choices have been absolute disasters.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's what the OP implied. Barry is certainly who we all want to see gone, but whose responsibility is that? MLF.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF is a very good offensive coach who's largest fault is his inability to properly evaluate defensive coaches. There was literally no reason to hire Barry in the first place and MLF's slavish devotion to the man who has never coached a defense above 20th in DVOA is both baffling and depressing. Other than that he's done a very good job developing Love and continually designs plays that get guys open in the passing game and, when the team has a good running back that is healthy, has a terrific scheme in the running game.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF
Great game plans
Great play calling
Good player development
Great organizational skills
Okay game management
Great scheme
Slow in changing an underperforming DC

I will take that.

He is a young coach and he may have learned a lesson here. I truat him to do better in replacing Barry.

A coach who is just good at game plans, play calling, organizational skills, etc - probably will never be a great coach.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It isn't shameful to continue to support the coach who brings a ton of value to the table, despite his weaknesses.

Anytime you hire a young coordinator who has never been a HC, there is going to be a tough learning curve somewhere. Maybe it's in gameplanning, player relations, play-calling, time management, or whatever. In LaFleur's case, his has been building a staff. And yet he's had a ton of success despite that flaw.

It would be the height of insanity to run him off just so he can figure that piece out with the next team.

Shameful.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
MLF has the youngest team in the league on the brink of making the playoffs just one year after losing a 1st ballot hall of fame quarterback. Despite having a complete and utter buffoon as the team’s defensive coordinator.

He should have moved on way sooner from Barry (and quite honestly, never hired him to begin with), but no one bats a thousand and his positives far outweigh the negatives.

Look around the league at all of the **** poor coaching. You don’t offload a bright young coach just because one of his few flaws is loyalty to his staff.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry must have a golden tongue!! No other way to understand Lafleurs blind loyalty towards him. In one breath he admits the miscommunication and bad coaching..yet says Barry is still going to be the defensive coordinator. He also decides he will help him get things right. What kind of a moron does that? Maybe he is planning on cleaning house after the season?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Barry must have a golden tongue!! No other way to understand Lafleurs blind loyalty towards him. In one breath he admits the miscommunication and bad coaching..yet says Barry is still going to be the defensive coordinator. He also decides he will help him get things right. What kind of a moron does that? Maybe he is planning on cleaning house after the season?
Or he is told he can't fire him until end of season

Didnt say it's logical, right or even a remote possibility. But that is an option

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's what the OP implied. Barry is certainly who we all want to see gone, but whose responsibility is that? MLF.
In the Packer organization leadership can appear to be invisible. If this were the Cowboys and the opposing QB became the first visitor to have a perfect passer rating in your building what would Jerry Jones be saying and doing on Monday morning? Not pretty. Recall in 2010 when the Boys came into Lambeau led by old Wade. " The Packers got me fired."

bbucki

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been negative on the Pack for quite some time for hanging on to personel to long. But when we beat the Lions and Chiefs, I stated it's been a long time since I've seen the Pack as a real aggressive team and maybe was wrong.
Yesterday was a sad,sad day in Packer history. I've now had enough. It all starts at the top. The board of directors need to see the writing on the wall and turn this organization around.
1. Murphy gone
2. Next man needs to be the face of an organization that is not interested in smiley pictures but winning SB's.
3. Coaches, GM's, the same as #2.
4. By doing so, a complete evaluation of what we have and what we need way before the next draft.

If we don't do this, I just expect more of the same. Some games look good, some bad, lose in the play-offs if we get there(but won't if we don't have a MVP QB).
We are the PACKERS, not the queens, chargers, bills, lions. It's way past time to get our name where it should be.
Flame me if you want, but I've seen enough and there's really no need for me to comment more until there are changes but I'll always be a PACKER FAN and will never give up.
GO PACK GO.
Lafleur came out today supporting Barry
He’s as much of the problem if he thinks Barry is competent
Get rid of them both

JFay05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The issue is more than DC Joe Barry, it's D-Line coach, the linebacker's coach, the OC who was a very good O-line coach and the HC who over the last two years has shown to be more like McCarthy in his last two seasons. Stubborn, unable to adjust, and unwilling to listen.
Not long ago Mark Murphy made himself the lord of Gutey and LaFleur having them report direct to him.
In my opinion Murphy needs to go, along with the entire coaching staff with the exception of Clements, who's done a good job of working with Love.
I personally would like to see Murphy replaced with John Schneider, and then raid the 49er or Texans D-Staff for a new Head Coach.
Compare what DeMeco Ryans has done with a young roster in Houston, versus what LaFleur has done this year. While Houston has lost games, they have not been out coached, game after game, after game.
Other teams keep doing the same things to the Packers knowing we will not adjust to stop them. What does LaFleur do on Offense, stop doing what was working (running Jones, etc) and get cute with the play calling. He is more McCarthy 2017-2018, than the next best coach. He is the new Marty Shottenheimer, king of the regular season and unable to get the W in big games. It's why the Chargers fired Marty after a 14-2 season. We need to not do what San Diego did and wait too long to move on.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The issue is more than DC Joe Barry, it's D-Line coach, the linebacker's coach, the OC who was a very good O-line coach and the HC who over the last two years has shown to be more like McCarthy in his last two seasons. Stubborn, unable to adjust, and unwilling to listen.
Not long ago Mark Murphy made himself the lord of Gutey and LaFleur having them report direct to him.
In my opinion Murphy needs to go, along with the entire coaching staff with the exception of Clements, who's done a good job of working with Love.
I personally would like to see Murphy replaced with John Schneider, and then raid the 49er or Texans D-Staff for a new Head Coach.
Compare what DeMeco Ryans has done with a young roster in Houston, versus what LaFleur has done this year. While Houston has lost games, they have not been out coached, game after game, after game.
Other teams keep doing the same things to the Packers knowing we will not adjust to stop them. What does LaFleur do on Offense, stop doing what was working (running Jones, etc) and get cute with the play calling. He is more McCarthy 2017-2018, than the next best coach. He is the new Marty Shottenheimer, king of the regular season and unable to get the W in big games. It's why the Chargers fired Marty after a 14-2 season. We need to not do what San Diego did and wait too long to move on.
I thought the Texans would be like Carolina but they have surprised me. Next season they could win that division with a few more key players.

Members online