World Cup Russia 2018

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Uncle Sam knows quite well I am Russian. I'm even engaged to a Russian as of a few weeks ago. Life's been good to me there. I'll be opening a craft beer bar there as soon as I find the correct space for one.
Congratulations on your engagement! If you would be ok with it, PM me about your experience in Russia so far. After I travelled to Berlin, I found out that the U.S. portrayal of these other countries is quite skewed. I'd like to hear about Russia straight from someone who is there.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And in other silly season news; England is still in the hunt for the World Cup....oh...wait a minute....:confused:

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Congratulations on your engagement! If you would be ok with it, PM me about your experience in Russia so far. After I travelled to Berlin, I found out that the U.S. portrayal of these other countries is quite skewed. I'd like to hear about Russia straight from someone who is there.

Thanks Croak. I shall PM you.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am indeed old but I remember Joe Jordan crapping himself everytime Gallardo the Peruvian centre half went anywhere near him, and I can remember sitting in a room full of ENGLISHMEN cheering Scotland on (Disgustedly), and being only one of two people cheering for Iran.
i don't think i was even born then, was that '78?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Croatia are utterly demoralized and beaten already, they need not even turn up as the utterly superior englandshire shall put them to the sword. ;):roflmao:

Joking aside, the hysteria after the Sweden game is why alot of us Scots don't like the england football team. You would almost think that they had won the world cup ummmmm when there is three other teams still there and two more games to go.............:whistling::rolleyes::D
after the Sweden game?? it started after the Panama game

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

after the Sweden game?? it started after the Panama game

So based on the media reports you Scots hate the English football team ??? What do you expect the media to do ? Write off the teams chances ?, it's what the press do for a living. Do you remember "we're on the march with Ali's army", we didn't make a big deal of that crap, WE actually hoped and wished Scotland well at the time even though you got well and truly beaten. It gets up your noses because we get there and Scotland rarely do. Do you know we can't fly our own flag in England because it might offend others ffs..... I Don't expect us to win it, but I'll support them because it's my country and I'll enjoy the fact that even if it ends here, we STILL got further than any other home countries team once again.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
i don't think i was even born then, was that '78?
Exactly, whats this fixation with that bit of ancient history Who cares? It was not long ago that a certain team played a tiny country called Iceland at a Major Tourney, and look how that turned out. How quickly people forget.

Last edited:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
It was a game that either team could have won and deserved it, imo. I was chatting with about 10 other guys during the game and not a one said a word about officiating. Hard fought game. England dominated the first half, Croatia the second and extra time.

England ended the game with one shot on target. They had some chances and missed them. That's all it takes.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
"English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia and that was a huge mistake," Real Madrid's Modric told ITV. "They should be more humble and respect more opponents.

"All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying, 'OK, today we will see who will be tired'."

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

All of those from media in the UK lol. (Ok one NZ).

Fact is the rest of the world thought it went fine. So that pretty much sums it up.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
And what was their excuse against Belgium today?

England were one of the best at the tourney. But certainly not THE best.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
And what was their excuse against Belgium today?

England were one of the best at the tourney. But certainly not THE best.
England played to their strengths, a limited long ball game that relied on set pieces for their goals. Harry Kane looks like he's going to win the golden boot, he scored most of his goals in the group stage against the weaker teams but thats not his fault you can only play whats in front of you. Luckily for them they were also in the easier side of the draw in the knockout stages. In terms of skill its been a poor World Cup compared to others, i have only watched a few of the games from start to finish because of that. Germany, Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, under performed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts