World Cup Russia 2018

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an exciting game this afternoon, and stunning how good Mbappe is. And he is just 19.
Happy for France, they absolutely deserved to make it to the quarterfinal now. Like Germany Argentina missed to rebuild early enough and has to take the consequence now.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
What an exciting game this afternoon, and stunning how good Mbappe is. And he is just 19.
Happy for France, they absolutely deserved to make it to the quarterfinal now. Like Germany Argentina missed to rebuild early enough and has to take the consequence now.

Good for France. Well deserved.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good, passionate fight by Russia so far against an obviously better Spanish team that should have already won the game. But now everything is possible and the outcome of a penalty shoutoot is always unpredictable.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Michael Bradley said it long ago, and repeated by myself a few times. Possession does NOT win games.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well it did for a certain time when Spain was in his prime but luckily not anymore. Boring football imho.
Yes Spain can only blame themselves for the loss today, Tiki-Taka is all very well and good but if a team defends well and you hardly push forward you don't score. Russia are not a great team but they had a gameplan and stuck to it and came out as winners all be it by penalties. Getting a 1-1 draw against Spain in normal time was almost was like winning the game for them.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a great second half by Belgium and Japan. Finally a great football game thats is fun to watch. :tup:
Havent expected Japan that strong and suprised what problems they cause for the Belgian defense.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
What a great second half by Belgium and Japan. Finally a great football game thats is fun to watch. :tup:
Havent expected Japan that strong and suprised what problems they cause for the Belgian defense.

That was a crazy game. I didn't think Japan could get 2 passed the gates.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel a little bit sorry for Japan, what a fight.
And different from other teams they did not park the bus, trying to make it to the extra time and penalty shootout.
They wanted to win the game and thats why Belgium could do the counter attack and the final seconds and score the game winning goal.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game shows that surprises are possible in knockout stages. Russia, Uruguay, now almost Japan. Looking forward to tomorrows games.:)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
The game shows that surprises are possible in knockout stages. Russia, Uruguay, now almost Japan. Looking forward to tomorrows games.:)

Me too. Having picked Belgium to win it all, I was in a state of panic at 0:2. I'm having trouble tipping tomorrow's games.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me too. Having picked Belgium to win it all, I was in a state of panic at 0:2. I'm having trouble tipping tomorrow's games.
Both games are difficult to predict. I think Colombia might be tough to beat for England, a big surprise seems to be possible if James is healthy and ready to play.
Sweden against Switzerland is a game on eye level, difficult to predict. However I pick Sweden.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Both games are difficult to predict. I think Colombia might be tough to beat for England, a big surprise seems to be possible if James is healthy and ready to play.
Sweden against Switzerland is a game on eye level, difficult to predict. However I pick Sweden.
I think England would do well not to underestimate Columbia, they tore Poland to shreds in the group stages incredibly fast play they made Poland look second rate. If Sweden can shut Down the midfield they will win, interesting games ahead.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very dirty by Columbia now, dont think they will finish the match with all 11 players on the pitch. Bad performance by the ref.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Very dirty by Columbia now, dont think they will finish the match with all 11 players on the pitch. Bad performance by the ref.
Not good to see such tactics, I thought for the most part South American teams stopped doing all that. Old habits.....1-1 now all to play for.

Members online

Latest posts