Woodson maybe changing positions.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though he plays all over the field, Dom Capers said he might put woodson at Safety if nick collins cannot come back to football.

Thoughts?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wherever Woodson is "placed" doesn't really matter. Like you pointed out, he is everywhere depending on the play call. Woodson is going to play where he feels like he can make the biggest impact.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he played at "safety" last year on certain plays. I would like to see the packers draft janoris jenkins if he is available so he can be groomed and disciplined by woodson.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think Woodson would make a good safety. He has great instincts and a lot of experience.

Plus I don't think it would be nearly as physically demanding compared to what he's being asked to do right now, which for an older guy like him might increase his longevity

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have been done in week 3 of this season!!!! I want Collins back though so hopefully he gets medically cleared.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of Woodson at safety. That makes Shields our #2 corner and I don't think he's ready. Besides, I hate to say it but I don't think Wood is a good enough tackler of RBs to put him out there. He's fine right where he is. But oh yea, we do need to look at safeties in FA and draft.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of Woodson at safety. That makes Shields our #2 corner and I don't think he's ready. Besides, I hate to say it but I don't think Wood is a good enough tackler of RBs to put him out there. He's fine right where he is. But oh yea, we do need to look at safeties in FA and draft.

Peprah and Burnett aren't any better at tackling either. Nobody in our secondary knows how to tackle.

I dream of a safety like John Lynch on our team.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Peprah and Burnett aren't any better at tackling either. Nobody in our secondary knows how to tackle.

I dream of a safety like John Lynch on our team.
I hear ya Southpaw. But CWood does what he does best from his position. That's why I think it HAS to be addressed even if Collins is coming back. I doubt it happens but I'm going to be drooling over the FA and draft lists of safeties.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I hear ya Southpaw. But CWood does what he does best from his position. That's why I think it HAS to be addressed even if Collins is coming back. I doubt it happens but I'm going to be drooling over the FA and draft lists of safeties.

I might be alone here but I've really come around on Jarrett Bush. I was probably his biggest critic last year but this season he looked like he was really coming into his own in playing Woodson's role when he was asked to. Perhaps in the next couple seasons if he stays with us he could be that guy.

But I do agree it would be great to draft or sign a safety. One that knows how to tackle. But with our issues up front OLB/DE I think even if Collins doesn't come back Safety will be put on the back burner or at least to the mid-later rounds of the draft

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I might be alone here but I've really come around on Jarrett Bush. I was probably his biggest critic last year but this season he looked like he was really coming into his own in playing Woodson's role when he was asked to. Perhaps in the next couple seasons if he stays with us he could be that guy.

But I do agree it would be great to draft or sign a safety. One that knows how to tackle. But with our issues up front OLB/DE I think even if Collins doesn't come back Safety will be put on the back burner or at least to the mid-later rounds of the draft
Well here's the way I see it. I agree on the need for a OLB or DE is a bigger need. I think if we can just dip into FA just once and look to the draft for the others I'd be okay. I know, all year I've been buying into the idea of building through the draft because I really didn't see the defense losing as much. Collins hurt, ALOT! Couple that with Jenkins and you got what we saw. So a career ender to Collins puts me in the frame of mind that we have to do something right away.
I'd be okay with any scenario puts a FA and high draft picks on these positions.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing: Dom Capers likes running that 2-4-5 defense. He basically eliminates one of the DL so he can get C-Wood on the field.

If Capers is going to keep running that 2-4-5 defense, then that nickelback MUST be good at tackling because it's really only a 6-man front. Add on to it that Erik Walden and A.J. Hawk are two of the LBs...

That's why he doesn't want to move Sam Shields into the slot position. It's also why I wish he'd stop using that 2-4-5 defense except maybe on some third downs.

I do like the idea of a 3-4 front with Woodson at one of the safety positions though.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What exactly do they have in House? He spent the entire season in kind of a training mode. What can be expected of him next year?

Members online

Latest posts