Wk 17 Grand Finale - Packer Offense On Rampage: Detroit Lions Should Panic

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly though I loved watching these type of game...I feel this was a blip. Seattle made us look good. All those interceptions landing into our secondary's arms is just a miracle. Enjoy when it lasts. Give credit where it's due....but all the talk of us being back, championship contenders etc are way too early for now.

Not being pessimistic here, just realistic. 3 winnable games, just put our heads down and plow through them. Injuries are still a major concern.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly though I loved watching these type of game...I feel this was a blip. Seattle made us look good. All those interceptions landing into our secondary's arms is just a miracle. Enjoy when it lasts. Give credit where it's due....but all the talk of us being back, championship contenders etc are way too early for now.

Not being pessimistic here, just realistic. 3 winnable games, just put our heads down and plow through them. Injuries are still a major concern.

The optimism stems from having done it multiple games in a row, and while the league is more than ever a week to week league these days and you can't take all the things from one game and extrapolate them, the team seems to be finding another gear right now. I'd say most of us just 3 weeks ago or so probably thought this game was completely unwinnable, but as many say things can flip on a dime just like that. Sure the Seahawks did help us out some with that score with their turnovers, but when Rodgers wasn't limping around too much or grimacing, he was nailing his targets better than he had in a while.

Win this Sunday, and we go to 8-6, and as has been said multiple times when you get hot at the right time, big things can happen.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stafford's finger or Rodger's calf? Which one will be the injury that killed a season?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it was his pointer finger or thumb I'd be more concerned if I was a Lion's fan. I think he'll be fine with the middle finger being hurt though. A calf injury takes one of Rodger's strengths away. Yeah, it didn't much matter last night, but I remember in the game we lost in 2014, had Rodgers not been on a bad wheel, we could have converted another 1st down or 2 and that would have been the difference in the game. He's playing well, but I'd rather have him completely healthy and playing well than having a bad hammy and a bad calf. I guess if our Oline performs like that for 6 more games I'm good with that too.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodger's calf ... by a country mile. With no running game to speak of, we're royally fecked if Rodgers can't throw effectively.
looked like he was throwing pretty well to me.... it's his lack of mobility that concerns me.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looked like he was throwing pretty well to me.... it's his lack of mobility that concerns me.

A big part of Rodgers game is his ability to extend plays. With lack of mobility that'll be impacted. Hopefully it'll be OK soon.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stafford's finger or Rodger's calf? Which one will be the injury that killed a season?

Here's an interesting tweet from Bob Holtzman: "As I tweeted a week or so ago this is an annual concern...Rodgers once told me he's always had trouble with leg muscles in the cold."

I guess that explains the recurrence of the injury, but I can't help but wonder if our training staff can't do better considering it's a known issue. Rodgers said that the injury happened on the first TD pass to Adams. That was, what - the 3rd play of the game? Sounds like it might be (at least partially) a preparation issue. No excuse for our training staff, if that's true.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the reason we brought Joe Kerridge or whatever that other FB name is that played a few snaps yesterday? We have a very bright young FB in RIP who's a triple threat as a Blocker, runner and catcher!! I'm very familiar with the formation they ran with FB on both sides of Rodgers. But Kerridge or whatever his name is doesn't even know the playbook guessing by the blown up play where Rodgers just turned around and fell/slid awkwardly! Kuhn and Rip would of been perfect for that formation.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeesh. You'd think we could tape some heat pads on his calves or something if it was a temperature issue.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said the same thing in the chat! He's a Cali boy!! Put some heat on it before the game.

and you know that there are like 20,000 people in the stands with those little hand warmer pouches going
just start chucking them out on the field with a "stuff this in your sock please" note attached

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Jeesh. You'd think we could tape some heat pads on his calves or something if it was a temperature issue.

The Packer brass came up with an even better idea:

The ********* Tent of Mystery

I think Olivia Munn is inside. Every time Rodgers exits that tent, he seems to have an extra zip in his step and a smile on his face.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer brass came up with an even better idea:

The ********* Tent of Mystery

I think Olivia Munn is inside. Every time Rodgers exits that tent, he seems to have an extra zip in his step and a smile on his face.

And Kevin banned

D

Deleted member 6794

No shame in losing to Tennessee, Washington, Atlanta. Pending the Packers don't make it, they may regret the day they let that Colts team come in and beat us. Win that game and we may very well 100 percent control our destiny now.

The Packers would control their own destiny if they had won another game so far this season. While it might be no shame to lose to Tennessee or Washington the way the Packers did for sure was.

I guess if our Oline performs like that for 6 more games I'm good with that too.

Seven games as the Packers most likely don´t get a bye week in the first round of the playoffs.

Rodger's calf ... by a country mile. With no running game to speak of, we're royally fecked if Rodgers can't throw effectively.

Montgomery and Michael combined to rush for 77 yards on 19 carries (4.1 avg.) which is good enough to keep defenses honest.

What is the reason we brought Joe Kerridge or whatever that other FB name is that played a few snaps yesterday? We have a very bright young FB in RIP who's a triple threat as a Blocker, runner and catcher!! I'm very familiar with the formation they ran with FB on both sides of Rodgers. But Kerridge or whatever his name is doesn't even know the playbook guessing by the blown up play where Rodgers just turned around and fell/slid awkwardly! Kuhn and Rip would of been perfect for that formation.

Kerridge has actually been pretty impressive blocking for the run in his limited action. The play you´re talking about on which Rodgers immediately went down was Michael´s fault as he lined up on the wrong side of the quarterback.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A big part of Rodgers game is his ability to extend plays. With lack of mobility that'll be impacted. Hopefully it'll be OK soon.
He didn't have issue Sunday with extending plays.

I think it allows him to concentrate more and be more careful

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would control their own destiny if they had won another game so far this season. While it might be no shame to lose to Tennessee or Washington the way the Packers did for sure was.

Seven games as the Packers most likely don´t get a bye week in the first round of the playoffs.

Montgomery and Michael combined to rush for 77 yards on 19 carries (4.1 avg.) which is good enough to keep defenses honest.

Kerridge has actually been pretty impressive blocking for the run in his limited action. The play you´re talking about on which Rodgers immediately went down was Michael´s fault as he lined up on the wrong side of the quarterback.
I remember the Michael blown up play, I believe there was another similar play where Rodgers in shotgun with Rip next to him on right and Kerridge next to him on left, we called it IronCross Offense in Highschool when I played and went back to help coach after. It seemed on the play I remember Kerridge made the mistake. Not same play where Michael didn't know what the hell happened.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets just all agree we don't want Detroits schedule who have to play two teams, back to back, that are now fighting for the East after NY's win and Dallas' lose. These two teams are hungry and very good and could beat Detroit no prob. Especially with Staff with his dislocated finger with tore ligas.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
lets just all agree we don't want Detroits schedule who have to play two teams, back to back, that are now fighting for the East after NY's win and Dallas' lose. These two teams are hungry and very good and could beat Detroit no prob. Especially with Staff with his dislocated finger with tore ligas.
Yeah, while I would have been good with a Giants loss Sunday Night, as it would have allowed us to gain a game on them, it pretty much forces two hungry teams like the Giants and Cowboys to continue playing well, to your point.

The Packers are in a great position right now. Who would have guess that three weeks ago?

Reaction score
I'm liking the way this is playing out. Detroit is on the road to Metlife Stadium against what I saw was a confident Giants team, then on to Dallas. Expect Dallas to "dial it up" at the climate controlled AT&T
It is very possible Detroit loses to these 2 teams on the road before hosting Green Bay in the finale and Its highly likely the Lions lose at least 1 of the next 2.
Either way, We can't control their destiny but we will likely put away Chicago and then welcome the Vikings back for a game of redemption..this time on our turf. We need to play this week like our life depended on it.. the only sure way to the playoffs is through Detroit and our division.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't have issue Sunday with extending plays.

I think it allows him to concentrate more and be more careful

Exactly, and our O-line has held up well against good pass rushing teams lately, and Detroit's d-line isn't all that great this year.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well ... here we are, the showdown in MoTown is just about upon us.

So .... We are one step closer to playoff clinching. Thanks to the Bears not showing up today, the Redskins are still in the mix, so we still would need them to lose next week if by some chance we don't take this game. They play the Giants next week so that is definitely one they could lose. Meantime, I'll be keeping an eye on the Saints and Bucs, that too could be our ticket. But, it's looking more and more like our only sure ticket is .........

To #RunTheTable

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was unbelievable today. Remarkable effort he bailed out the o line on many occasions as they put up their worst effort of the season. The defense is horrendous but look at the bright side: they can only get better going into the last game of the season.

Members online

Latest posts