Wk 17 Grand Finale - Packer Offense On Rampage: Detroit Lions Should Panic

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers looking like he's back now picking apart a better defense in Seattle than what the Lions have. Thanks to putting old Starks on the bench, this offense is a force again.

Detroit's gonna need more than fluky last second victories to keep up with this, they'd better hope Stafford and co are up to the task of scoring 50 cuz they're gonna need it. Booyah!!!

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Fluky" wins, "blowout" wins, and "close" wins all count as one, full win. This is the NFL, not college.

Point being they've been able to hang around with inferior opponents only scoring around 17-20 points in any given game. Our O isn't gonna let em off that easy, I think Rodgers and co will hang up 35 plus on them in Ford Field. Packers want the Lions.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoulda mention Minny should panic too, we're not going to lose to them either, this team is getting set to pull another 2010, I can feel it in my blood right now.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit still needs to lose to either Dallas or giants else it's over

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers looking like he's back now picking apart a better defense in Seattle than what the Lions have. Thanks to putting old Starks on the bench, this offense is a force again.

Detroit's gonna need more than fluky last second victories to keep up with this, they'd better hope Stafford and co are up to the task of scoring 50 cuz they're gonna need it. Booyah!!!
He didn't get back this week, he's been the only pretty consistent piece this season. It was the D that was "back" today

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't get back this week, he's been the only pretty consistent piece this season. It was the D that was "back" today

Not entirely, he was playing poorly early on against Minny, not great against the NYG, and pretty bad against Dallas. Did ok in November, but not great.

It seems his hamstring injury, as concerning as it is has been the thing that's reeled him in and got him to stop playing back yard football crap.

Now yes, this D has gotten better too with Randall and Rollins back, and Burnett did his job well today, and the D-line is starting to get pressure again.

I feel a big finish coming, and I think the Vikings and Lions had better start panicking cuz we're coming for them once we finish the Bears off.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Rodgers is really hurt..

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not entirely, he was playing poorly early on against Minny, not great against the NYG, and pretty bad against Dallas. Did ok in November, but not great.

It seems his hamstring injury, as concerning as it is has been the thing that's reeled him in and got him to stop playing back yard football crap.

Now yes, this D has gotten better too with Randall and Rollins back, and Burnett did his job well today, and the D-line is starting to get pressure again.

I feel a big finish coming, and I think the Vikings and Lions had better start panicking cuz we're coming for them once we finish the Bears off.
I'm just glad that throwing 10 TD's to 3 picks, completing 65% of your passes, and racking up 1,332 passing yards, along with running for an additional 129 yards on 18 carries, and picking up another TD is what is considered "ok" for our quarterback. :tup:

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stafford broke his middle finger and tore ligaments in throwing hand today. As long as The giants and cowboys do not sit players them Lions we be lose 2

Reaction score

I'm not going to say he hasn't had bad games. But having a QB rating around 100 13 games in is a testament to his overall consistency. Implying that he has finally showed up is a little disingenuous is all I'm saying

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They were starting to be a force before they benched Starks.

Give your hatred of him a rest. He did great stuff for us a few years ago.
We might not have made it to the SB without him because he was the running game for us at that time.

I get it your excited, but try and keep it real.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You never can tell.

My guess is he loses to the Giants but beats the Cowboys, and I'm just saying that based on the fact that the offense in big D has gone bad now and Dak Prescott's been throwing for about 140 yards on avg the last 2 games.

Man, now I'm pissed we didn't get them late in the season instead of week 6, cuz if we did we'd whoop em to death the way we're playing now.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is worth noting that the Packers have won the last 3 against teams that all had top ten to top five defenses, #1 in Seattle.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers could get into the playoffs as a wild card team as well.

Stafford broke his middle finger and tore ligaments in throwing hand today. As long as The giants and cowboys do not sit players them Lions we be lose 2

The Giants haven´t clinched a playoff spot so far therefore they won´t be able to rest any starters.

You mean his hammy or is it something new?

Rodgers suffered a calf injury vs. the Seahawks.

It is worth noting that the Packers have won the last 3 against teams that all had top ten to top five defenses, #1 in Seattle.

The Eagles (12th) and Texans (13th) are currently just outside of the top 10 in points allowed per game. Yesterday´s loss dropped to Seahawks to fourth.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly, that's why I'm getting pumped for week 17 because we've faced better Ds and could go into Ford Field and wreck em.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Broke? Or dislocated? Hear also torn ligaments.

He did similar a while back and his play suffered. Think that was his pinky back then

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Broke? Or dislocated? Hear also torn ligaments.

He did similar a while back and his play suffered. Think that was his pinky back then

We won't know exactly what happened until after the season. You know NFL coaches never tell you anything of substance in these matters. He injured it fairly early in the Bears game, did alright with a glove though. Especially considering the Lions were without Theo Rid**** and Travis Swanson (starting C, causing starting LG to move to C and 2nd string LG played). No safety valve and less than spectacular blocking.

I think this season is different when considering an injury like this though. The game plan isn't "fuddle around until 3rd and long and heave it to Megatron". Rid**** and Swanson should both be back for the Giants and beyond. They have also figured out, FINALLY, that running Rid**** between the tackles is a fruitless effort, and have started using Washngton/Zenner who are both much better suited for that type of running.

If they get back to the **** and dunk offense they have been thriving on, and the defense from the Saints game shows up on a regular basis, they might be alright down the stretch.

That being said, I watched the Seattle game yesterday. Nuts.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No shame in losing to Tennessee, Washington, Atlanta. Pending the Packers don't make it, they may regret the day they let that Colts team come in and beat us. Win that game and we may very well 100 percent control our destiny now.

Members online

Latest posts