Winston Moss

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This type of behavior irritates me deeply. Imo this is close to being a fireable offense.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's obviously pissed off about something....perhaps not happy with his new boss the DC?
Oh we could speculate all sorts of things...
But that would be my first guess too. His assignments changed. Less talent, less scheme directing opportunity to his guys.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Winston Moss wanted to look like a ****** bag--mission accomplished!

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ok with it to be honest. Why do the fans, or the media have to know EVERYTHING about EVERY facet of EVERY football team?

The questions the reporter asked hardly was prying into EVERY facet. Just simple plain ol “how’s player x doin”. It was bull and unprofessional of moss. He’s got a job to do which requires being available to the media, if he don’t like it he can find new employment. Personally, I don’t like my team being represented that way.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...on-moss-stares-down/i7o20p9vzqa51fekwc2ubbk4r

There is a bug up his ***. Not sure what it is. My guess would be a conflict with Pettine.
There is, though i'm not sure what. He wasn't thrilled that was obvious.

Could be anything, conflict with "how" things are run, with expectations with the players he's given to work with, doesn't want to answer inane questions from media, etc. Could be anything. I know I don't generally watch the pressers this time of year for exactly the reason I feel like he didn't want to be there. There's a lot of work to be done, and not a lot of real substance to report. Guys look good, guys are working hard, what else are they going to say?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ok with it to be honest. Why do the fans, or the media have to know EVERYTHING about EVERY facet of EVERY football team?
Says the guy with 273 posts on a forum discussing the Packers.

We are just fans and we are excited about the young/new players. I would expect the coaching staff would be excited and happy to tell us all about the players he is responsible for and works with.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why Moss is still here to begin with, much less 'promoted' to assistant head coach.

Beebe82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may be pissed about his new role or no longer being McCarthy's favorite now that Philbin is back and Mike Pettine is the new shiny toy. I thought he sounded and looked like he was seriously hung over or really dehydrated. Looked like he would have rather been underneath his desk taking a nap.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because, like in every entertainment sector, the major reason you're making obscene money is that people want to know about you and your work. At least in this case, annoying as reporters may be, he only has to suck it up, take a deep breath, get through the questions, and it's over. I think the paparazzi are scum, but if the movie stars don't want the attention, they don't get the $$$ - just like the football players, they can always decide to go work for a living.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason Wilde was asking the initial questions. He's hardly a disagreeable reporter.

If I'm Mike McCarthy I'm pulling Moss into my office and telling him he better stop acting like an *** or he'll be packing his bags.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont recall if he gave interviews in the past. Of he did, they weren't like this.

To me that is the key. One reporter seemed to imply that WM was far more talkative and forthright in the past and something has changed. If that is the case I'd be curious to know what that was. Is he unhappy with the new leadership on defense? Does he feel slighted in some way? Is something going on in his personal life? Not that I need to know what is going on in his personal life but if something is going on at least it might explain it.

Funny this should come up now because on another forum I've just been involved in a discussion where I conveyed my dislike of the media but in this case I think Moss was a ****. Normally I like it when coaches or players get fed up with reporters but in this case I think he was totally in the wrong. Man , I can not believe I am sticking up for reporters. I think I am going to go back to bed. Who knows what else could go wrong today.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always found it entertaining when the media gets mad that a coach won't help them write a story. I get fans want info, but it's not usually the coaches' job to help writers write stories. Media members, with articles to write, get a little touchy when they can't fill up an article with pointless quotes from coaches.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me that is the key. One reporter seemed to imply that WM was far more talkative and forthright in the past and something has changed. If that is the case I'd be curious to know what that was. Is he unhappy with the new leadership on defense? Does he feel slighted in some way? Is something going on in his personal life? Not that I need to know what is going on in his personal life but if something is going on at least it might explain it.

Funny this should come up now because on another forum I've just been involved in a discussion where I conveyed my dislike of the media but in this case I think Moss was a ****. Normally I like it when coaches or players get fed up with reporters but in this case I think he was totally in the wrong. Man , I can not believe I am sticking up for reporters. I think I am going to go back to bed. Who knows what else could go wrong today.
He was kind of a ****, but then at the same time Wilde was pushing him on too. Moss was obviously having a bad day. He didn't have a lot to say, and let's all be perfectly honest, there really isn't **** to say after these practices. No pads, no tackling, no nothing. Learn some plays and run around. This isn't even close to real football, there isn't a lot to say, but they want him to say something. He's having a bad day and not really wanting to give details on nothing, and really just WTF did Wilde think he was going to accomplish by asking his follow up? Seemed he was just trying to push him into responding with something he could use.

There's obviously something behind the scenes and whether or not it was just a bad day or something else that actually has some substance to it, do a better job at reporting. Go get some connections and find a way to get a story rather than goading someone in a press conference. Media and front office relations suck, must like every other relationship in America these days it seems.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol I doubt it’s because of his job.

Probably some person in the media did something to **** him off, or he just doesn’t want to talk to them.

I don’t think he’s handling it incredibly well, but it’s also not that big of a deal. Obviously the media is going to try to make it a bigger deal because they’re the ones that have to deal with it. Most of the reporters are entitled little idjuts.

Members online

Latest posts