1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Favre's retirement be more costly than we think?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackFanTrav, Mar 4, 2008.

1. PackFanTrav

PackFanTrav Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if some of our older players will ask to be traded now that there friend and teammate has retiree. Guys like Robertson, DD and Harris scare me because they might have second thoughts now. Comment please because I want to sound dumb because I don't want to see this team fall apart. :cry:

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think anybody is going anywhere. What it might affect is who will come to GB now that Favre's not here. Especially on the offensive side. The defense is still great, so that side will be fine.

3. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Koren would be no great loss.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think anyone will want to go.
    Now, if we go 4-12 this next year, that might happen.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Cheesey.

You can not be serious my friend? 4-12? I can not believe you typed that.

If you think 4-12 is even a remote possibility then you do not have any confidence in A-Rod, M.M. and the youth of this Packers team.

I mean really? How on earth is 4-12 even in the realm of realistic thought. How is 4-12 even on the map of possibility?

R.P.

6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i wanna see this so called map of possibility.

the team has confidence in A-rod.
    we will be ok.

its the circle of life.

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not at all. No way would these guys request a trade. If anything it will be tougher to sign a free agent.

8. LordEvil

LordEvil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i really hope im wrong but i think the pack is a 8-8 team next year with no playoffs. tt wont sign anyone now in FA, and hell use this to build through the draft 3 years out of a superbowl, if rodgers is the qb of the future.

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm only saying this to start discussion, not argument.

Do you think that maybe players will want to come to GB now knowing for sure what the situation is? I remember I think it was two years ago it was said a few free agents didn't want to come to Green Bay because of the uncertainty at QB.

10. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the only place this might hurt us(besides in the obvious QB position) is in free agency. Once Rogers proves himself this coming season the FA's will be willing to sign again.

11. ftwuno

ftwuno Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i want to see if rodgers can stay healthy. i fully expect the team to win the north and advance to the NFC Championship. Anything else would be a let down. Rodgers gets hurt and GB calls on Nall, I do not think GB will win 6 games.

So if rodgers gets hurt in the first couple of games, and we have to rely on Nall, Brett's retirement will be extremely costly.