Will Darrell Bevell get a coaching offer next year?

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say, when Darrell Bevell was with the Packers as the QB coach, I didn't think a lot of his coaching when Favre wasn't playing his best. But I had to rethink that this year with the Vikings success. Bevell seems to be on top of his game with the Minnesota offense, and having Favre back playing at such a high level, only enhances the job Darrell has done.

I know DB and Childress are tight having been together at the UW and back to Arizona. So he may be learning a whole lot better there than he was when he was under Sherman and McCarthy. So if the Vikes can continue playing well into the playoffs, I'd be suprised if Bevell's name doesn't start being mentioned for any openings next year. Like here.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. Favre is playing like that because for the first time in 10 years he has the motivation to play. Plus, I think everyone will praise Childress first for the offensive performance.

Anyway, that's my take, not that it's worth that much...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Nope.

I feel like it's pretty easy to look like a genius when you have the best running back in the league, a great O-line, and one of the best QB's in the league.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Nope.

I feel like it's pretty easy to look like a genius when you have the best running back in the league, a great O-line, and one of the best QB's in the league.

2007 Season ... 14-4 ... And Ted Thomson and McCarthy both got awarded, with prizes as well as pretty good contract extensions ...

Back then ... Both of them looked like a genius ... - Just look at how people are judging them now ...

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I Viking fan I'll tell you that he'll be every bit as successful as a head coach as Scott Linehan was.

Members online

Latest posts