1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Will Aaron Rodgers be great this year?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by armand34, May 25, 2010.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I don't know. I know Eli did. And without him, they don't win it...

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,042
    Rodgers would have scrabbled for 60 yards instead of hanging back. :happy0005:
    Like this but only longer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWnv8BNOOA]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers 12 yard TD run Week 9 Green Bay Packers-Tampa Bay Bucs[/ame]

3. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    My thoughts exactly. I heard the same story. Rodgers appears to have the same work ethic as Brady and he has better physical tools. His accuracy is second to none and he has a strong arm. When McCarthy was coaching the Pro Bowl a few years ago before Rodgers was starting, both he and Thompson believed Rodgers was as good as the Pro Bowl QBs at that time. They were right.

I actually believe the top 4 receivers aren't as great as they are cracked up to be. Favre and now Rodgers are making them look better than they are - much like the credit Freeman got when he worked with Favre.

The Packer future is very bright. I believe Rodgers will be one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the NFL next year. I also believe the OL and defense will be improved and look for the Packers to go 11-5 or so, even with a much more difficult schedule than in 2009.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I laugh every time I read a report that said Rodgers wasn't very mobile and that Alex Smith was the "athlete" of the two...

What a freaking joke.

Rodgers reminds me A LOT of Steve Young.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,042
    I think that was his idol growing up. But I agree completely. They are so much alike as QBs.

6. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +278
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuLMmtwZan0]YouTube - The Aaron Rodgers Story[/ame]

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Not too bad.

Hopefully, this Rodgers story is about 15 chapters deep, and we are just in chapter 3.

You guys have no idea how badly I want him to win 2 Super Bowls (one more than Favray).
    Brady won 3. Aikman won 3. I don't honestly think they are/were better passers than Rodgers is. But Aaron, and the TEAM, need to come up clutch in the playoffs.