Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I am sick of our team having THE WORST luck with injuries, not just this year but the past 3 years.
As well as still mad we lost someone like Sterling Sharpe in his prime, career-ender.
Wasn't Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin, the other great 2 of that era. It was OUR guy.
Same with Nick Collins.
Wasn't a defensive player for the Niners.

Your front 7 on defense is great, AND ALL ARE HEALTHY. To us in Green Bay, that is a fricking miracle.
Your best 5 OL, all healthy. To us in Green Bay, that is a fricking miracle.
We have 2 first round picks on our OL too... but guess what, one tore his ACL before this season started and the other still hasn't fully come back from a broken leg in 2 places in 2011.

Everyone things the Niners drafting is so great compared to ours, but it makes a difference when they stay healthy -magically- like yours do, while ours tear ACLs, break legs, etc.

I've never seen a team like the Niners keep ALL their OL and D-front 7 in tact like you have there now. Plus your QB, TE, RB1, WR1 and WR2 are also there. Spectacular.

If you can't win a Super Bowl with that kind of luck and take advantage of that, forget it next year because your luck is due to reverse.

I can deal with Harbaugh, and even Kaepernick flexing.
I'm just tired of the injuries. If they were 100% flip-flopped, the Packers would be a 8 point favorite.

I agree, that would be incredibly frustrating. I still don't think the niners are the cause of your injury woes; but I can agree that those injuries suck.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, that would be incredibly frustrating. I still don't think the niners are the cause of your injury woes; but I can agree that those injuries suck.
Niners are not the cause of our horrible luck. You are right about that.
But they are the team who ended our season last year and probably this year, and had THEY had OUR injuries and we theirs, it would have been different.

Also, I remember the following 3 Packers tearing ACL's in home games against the 49ers:

Robert Brooks, 1996
Al Harris & Aaron Kampman, 2009

None of them were cheap hits at all, in fact all 3 were NON-CONTACT at all.
The Harris and Kampman ones were about 2 plays apart if I remember right. Both great long-time Packers, and they were their final plays ever as Packers. Sad.

I hold on to grudges for awhile.... :mad:

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, seriously? You don't see a little difference between the two offenses?
Yeah, I see GB as a high powered offense with too many weapons for 49ers to contain (rodgers, cobb, lacy, starks, jones, nelson, boykin, quarless. Our RB is better then Frank Gore. He had a better year, played less games, put up better stats, and is what Frank Gore used to be. The offense is bar non no comparison. It's the defense that's going to make the difference, but I see the Packers taking care of the ball this time around as that's really what has been the issue in the meetings with SF.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference, or problem rather is that everyone keeps saying the 49ers are a power running team, when GB has better running backs, and the stats prove that. So it doesn't make any sense.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a little surprised at the lack of respect the Packers are getting. Just watched NFL network and ESPN earlier - nobody is thinking the Packers have a chance. We lost the first game of the season to SF - at their house - but we were winning with just a few minutes left in the game. It was close. We stumbled early, but after the early bye, we kicked it in gear and we looked like a pretty strong team.

I'm not going to guarantee a victory Sunday, or anything, but I think the Packers have a good chance of winning the game. Now we are 3 point underdogs? I should put my money where my mouth is - I think their odds are better than that.

Oh, and Baldinger said AR was out of sync - mistiming his pass on the first INT against Chicago. Am I the only one who saw Q stop his route? The CB covering him kept running and the ball went right to him. Had Q continued his route - TD.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it could really go either way and should be a close game, but the lack of respect is very rude. Home teams in the wildcard round win 67% of the time. The weather is in our favor (in theory, that ball can slip out of anyone's hands any give time with that kind of cold sunday). Were as healthy as we've been all year minus Finley and Matthews, which are big losses, but we've managed, and every game against the 49ers has been very close. The spread is down to 2.5 btw :p.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it could really go either way and should be a close game, but the lack of respect is very rude. Home teams in the wildcard round win 67% of the time. The weather is in our favor (in theory, that ball can slip out of anyone's hands any give time with that kind of cold sunday). Were as healthy as we've been all year minus Finley and Matthews, which are big losses, but we've managed, and every game against the 49ers has been very close. The spread is down to 2.5 btw :p.
Jolly is a big loss too.

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do any 49ers want to have a bet with me. If the packers win you have to say the packers are better then the 49ers and if we lose I will say the 49ers are better. You must keep your word if you want to have the bet.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Fran 33
Packers 20

Capers vs COLIN KAPERNICK:

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=12541&is_corp=1
45-31 loss, the Packers allowed 579 total yards – fourth-most ever allowed in a postseason game – and Colin Kaepernick rushed for 181 yards, the most rushing yards by a quarterback in any game, regular-season or postseason.

Then, in this year's opener, the Packers did well against the run, and the Niners didn't run much read-option at all – CK rushed 7 times for 22 yards, and the Niners finished with 34 carries for 90 yards (2.6-yard average) as a team, but......
Kaepernick completed 27 of 39 passes for a career-high 412 yards and three touchdowns.

The Niners also played the game without #1 WR Michael Crabtree who was out with an Achilles’ injury.

Now take away the Packers clear best player on defense, Clay Matthews. What in the world about that and Capers, and what you saw guys like Demarco Murray and Le'Veon Bell do to this defense, would inspire you to think the Packers are going to play well this time?

Last edited by a moderator:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty clear. We are just as productive on the ground, but we can actually throw the ball. It's a big difference from the 9ers and their "Where's Boldin" air game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Beginning of the week I didnt think the cold would be an issue..But I also thought it was going to be 10-20

This is not just cold, it is efffingggggg cold..

No one can prepare for it, but the Packers if going outside for practice will help because then they get the chance to see how the ball flies, how hard to hold it, how it will kick and so on..

but I still say Niners win maybe not as easy however

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all of the reasons you gave are completely nonsensical

i'll expand because you probably think i am being "very rude"

Your 1st point: home WC teams win 67% time-- this stat has no bearing on this upcoming game

Your 2nd point: in theory, that ball can slip out of anyone's hands any given time-- so how the hell does this give you an advantage?????

Your 3rd point: We're as healthy as we have been all season minus Finley and Matthews-- uhhhhhhh, the 49ers beat you guys with those players, you know, when the Packers were healthier

Wow-- worst post I have read on an NFL forum in 2014-- congrats

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty clear. We are just as productive on the ground, but we can actually throw the ball.
Where were you week one this year when we had Matthews, and the Niners didn't have their #1 WR, and Kaepernick threw for over 400 yards and about a 130-passer rating?

What do you mean "actually throw the ball"?

Come on now..... we all want to win, but let's be real here.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't run or throw the ball better at this point in the season. That's all there is to it. "Power house" run team.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. Probably not coming back here as I expected fans of my own team but it's just flooded by trolls.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beginning of the week I didnt think the cold would be an issue..But I also thought it was going to be 10-20

No one can prepare for it, but the Packers if going outside for practice will help because then they get the chance to see how the ball flies, how hard to hold it, how it will kick and so on..

Game hasn't started yet and already waving the white flag???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Game hasn't started yet and already waving the white flag???

I will still root for the Pack, I will still hope they win..I will not give up the game if the niners score on their 1st possession..

I will always cheer them on until it is very evident the will lose..

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yeah, i bet the 49ers are jealous that the Pack get that extra time outside in the cold

Staff online

Members online