Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hit a guy up high, sure. Not in the head, not in the knee. Not with the head, not with the helmet. No problem.
Harmless. Looks a lot worse than it was.

This late hit on Rodgers by Urlacher, that's a lot more dangerous.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
this is irrelevant. that wasn't a 49ers player.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people complain about that play because the 49ers got a FREE down that lead to a TD. It was after the play was over, off-setting penalties, should have been 4th down.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you can try to rationalize that the game still would have played out the exact same way even if they kicked a FG on 4th down, but you never know. It could have been blocked, or a bad snap, ect ect. It changes the play calling, momentum, everything.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you are saying that a 2nd place team should host a 1st place team?

Or should fans be allowed to arrange how teams are positioned within the NFL brackets? Should NFC teams be mixed and matched with AFC teams prior to the Super Bowl? Why not just take the top 12 teams in the NFL and have #12 face #1, #11 face #2, etc.? If you wish to ignore the North/South/East/West standings, why would you not also ignore the division between the AFC and NFC? Just pile them all together into one standing...

Also, one could then argue that the win-loss record should be weighted based upon strength of schedule. For example, the Patriots and Broncos have had three divisional opponents who have been relatively "light weight" for the past many years. Should those six games (likely victories) be given as much weight as the NFC East which historically has had several contenders (not this year though)?

Or should the NFL just consider the win-loss record in December? Is that what really defines the "Top 6" teams? I mean, who cares who won or lost back in September? The Texans started 2-0 while the Panthers started 0-2... To use your NBA analogy, everyone knows only the 4th quarter matters, right? Why not just use the last fourth of the season? Packers went 3-1.

Just messing with you. I think we just disagree on this. I like the NFL rules on playoff seeding and you don't. Fair enough.

Last comment: I guess that the reason it is the way it is.... is because the NFL owners want home games to happen across the country. To maximize regional interest and (ultimately) revenue. For example, of the eight scheduled games over the next two weeks, three are on the East coast (north, mid, and southern), three are mid-west (all north), one mountain (Denver), and one on the west coast. That's fairly good coverage of our country (read: $$$).

Turns out the NFL is actually considering my idea of reseeding by record once the playoff teams are decided.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...re-seeding-playoffs-based-strictly-on-record/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people complain about that play because the 49ers got a FREE down that lead to a TD. It was after the play was over, off-setting penalties, should have been 4th down.

And...

Harbaugh would have went for it on 4th down anyway

You lost by 6

Staley shouldn't have been penalized anyway.

You're complaining that they poorly applied a penalty that shouldn't have existed.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he should have been penalized. The play had nothing to do with him and he went in there and retaliated hence the flag. The truth of the matter is they got it wrong, and it easily had a direct impact on the outcome of the game.

Regardless.

Your spectacular defense just gave up 400+ yards to Carson Palmer. Let that sink in.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he should have been penalized. The play had nothing to do with him and he went in there and retaliated hence the flag. The truth of the matter is they got it wrong, and it easily had a direct impact on the outcome of the game.

Regardless.

Your spectacular defense just gave up 400+ yards to Carson Palmer. Let that sink in.

I and the NFL both disagree with you.

Your spectacular defense gave up 400+ yards and 181 yards rushing to the quarterback you're actually playing against. Let that sink in.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't claim to own the idea. I simply took that position on this forum.

Sorry, but when you said MY, it implies you are the owner

When it suits you, it is one definition, when you are trying to show someone is wrong, you use a different definition

Must be hard to keep them all straight?

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When it suits you, it is one definition, when you are trying to show someone is wrong, you use a different definition

As far as bringing it up in this board it is.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I could see it either way. He just worded it poorly. Instead of "my idea" I think he meant "my side."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The kickoff temperature in Green Bay was -13 F, with a wind chill of 36 that is the ice bowl

It might be colder sunday...High will be -4 (yes negative 4 for a high) and windchills up to -38

So it may beat the ice bowl temp

Harbaugh played in a cold game when he was qb of the Colts in the 96 playoffs..Was -6

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kickoff temperature in Green Bay was -13 F, with a wind chill of 36 that is the ice bowl

It might be colder sunday...High will be -4 (yes negative 4 for a high) and windchills up to -38

So it may beat the ice bowl temp

Harbaugh played in a cold game when he was qb of the Colts in the 96 playoffs..Was -6

Do u think the packers have a big advantage now

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do u think the packers have a big advantage now

The ball will be hard to hold...Rodgers has big hands, so it should help...Not sure about kaepernick..

I think to start the game out they SHOULD have an advantage...But as the game goes on, the Niners should start to pull away...
Running will burn their lungs...

They analyzed games in the cold compared to dome teams

http://freakonomics.com/2012/01/13/football-freakonomics-the-frozen-conundrum/

http://www.nfl.com/features/freakonomics/episode-12 same stats but has a video to explain little better

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ball will be hard to hold...Rodgers has big hands, so it should help...Not sure about kaepernick..

I think to start the game out they SHOULD have an advantage...But as the game goes on, the Niners should start to pull away...
Running will burn their lungs...

They analyzed games in the cold compared to dome teams

http://freakonomics.com/2012/01/13/football-freakonomics-the-frozen-conundrum/

http://www.nfl.com/features/freakonomics/episode-12 same stats but has a video to explain little better
nice links, thanks