Why were we kicking short?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It's been bugging me all week. I can't figure out why we were kicking the ball short. Brandon Tate is no Devin Hester, so what were we worried about?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were worried about giving up a big return. It didn't work so well.

SteveB7SFG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game and there were winds aloft that were forcing kicks short. There were little winds down on the field just an occasional gust or two. But the winds up high affected the kicking game going toward the open end of the stadium.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
We were worried about giving up a big return. It didn't work so well.

We give up big returns no matter what, haha. We should at least be kicking it deep so as to minimize the damage done to field position.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
why do we even talk about our special teams... they are so atrocious they make local high school teams look good

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My suggestion is that we have someone hold the kickoff everytime for Crosby and tell him he's kicking an 80 yard field goal.

He may not kick it through the uprights, but daggum he'll kick it out of the endzone everytime. Kickoff coverage solved.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Brandon Tate is good and our special teams are awful. Maybe it was time to try something new.

If that something new was letting an offensive lineman return it farther than Tate would've, then fine it worked, but the whole NFL is laughing.

An argument against the Tate issue is that I've seen us kick to WAY better return men this year. Why start with Tate?

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that something new was letting an offensive lineman return it farther than Tate would've, then fine it worked, but the whole NFL is laughing.

An argument against the Tate issue is that I've seen us kick to WAY better return men this year. Why start with Tate?
No one said it worked

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not just **** onside kick it every time?
Most likely, they'll get the ball at around midfield, maybe our 45. That's about average for us against good returners.
Plus we might recover the ball 10% of the time like a turnover.

That would eliminate TD returns from guys like Hester, Cribbs, Harvin, Tate, Connely.

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not just **** onside kick it every time?
Most likely, they'll get the ball at around midfield, maybe our 45. That's about average for us against good returners.
Plus we might recover the ball 10% of the time like a turnover.

That would eliminate TD returns from guys like Hester, Cribbs, Harvin, Tate, Connely.

if we do it every time they could end up with like 2 return TDs. Like the one the Colts got against Jacksonville.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts