Why we Win this game! (FALCONS PACKERS)

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a big Packers fan but I see this being like the Steelers game last year. It will be a close, tough, road game, but the home team will pull out the victory. I'm not trying to be negative, but the Falcons have lost 1 game at home with Matt Ryan and while the Falcons haven't blown their opponent out too much this year, they have found a way to win close games. That is still something I don't think the Packers can do.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havners Heroes One intangible-- the Falcons have only lost once ever at the Georgia Dome under Matt Ryan.[/QUOTE said:
Yes, it is an unbelievable statistic for a 3rd year QB. He's due to come back to earth, don't you think?

Falcons' pass defense is mediocre; Rogers should have a field day.

Ryan will play well.

Packers 34
Falcons 23

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a big Packers fan so regardless I'm going to root for my team to win every week...but even if I look at this game objectively I still see us as a better overall team...Matt Ryan is not freaking SUPERMAN by any means, he is human & we will force a couple turnovers in this game...As long as the offense shows up, we win

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's a blowout win for the Pack I'll be surprised.
A close game? Not so much.
However, I would really like to see the Pack really come together and stay in the groove and prove that they have what it takes to beat a good team like the Failcons.
Hey, if they can do it to the Jets, Shut them down, shut up their fans, then they can do that to anybody.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So because we're predicting a win we're homers and aren't looking at things objectively?

I give the Falcons their dues. I acknowledge Ryan as avery good QB, specially at home. I acknowledge their OL, Roddy White, Turner and Gonzo.

But from what I've seen, they're not as good a team as we are. In games that Turner has been contained, they've struggled mightly to win:

ATL 9 @ PIT 15: Turner: 19 carries for 42 yards
SF 14 @ ATL 16: Turner: 16 carries for 50 yards
ATL 17 @ PHI 31: Turner: 15 carries for 45 yards
BAL 21 @ ATL 26: Turner: 17 carries for 39 yards

And even some games where Turner has been good, they've struggled, against Cincy (39 to 32 at home), TB (27 to 21 at home).

Just because I see us as the better team, even at their home, doesn't mean I'm being a homer and am not acknowledging their talent. But I see us as the more talented, better performing team. Specially on D.

We have allowed just 13 TDs ALL YEAR. 9 passing and 4 running. That's league low by far.

And on O, we all know what this O is capable of.

So, do I expect an easy win? By no means. But do I see us winning? Absolutely. After all they've been through, and the way they've been performing, and not just against scrubs, against the rested, 5-1 Jets at their home, where we had never win, I just trust in them.

I agree, I DO think the Packers are the better team, and I was talking about people in general with their reasoning in predicting the Packers to win, not you in particular. But let's be serious with ourselves, the better team doesn't always win.

The Turner statistics are interesting, but all that it really tells me is that they don't need to rely on their running game to get a win. This isn't 2008, Turner isn't the MVP of that team or the most important player on that offensive any more. That distinction belongs to Matt Ryan first and Roddy White second.

And I wouldn't compare this to the Jets game, the Falcons are a better and more balanced team with a stronger homefield advantage and more momentum coming into the game. Completely different situation.

I will not be surprised in the least if the Packers win, because as I said before, I do feel they are the better team. But if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the Falcons.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Homer
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

noun

• a simple minded person, never cognizant of the world around them; MORON. "Homers" typically have "dumb luck." One would typically refer to someone as a "Homer" when they have done or said something that is totally moronic. (From a main character in the US animated series The Simpsons.)
    I can't believe you said that. You're such a Homer!​
    See more words meaning: unintelligent person, idiot
Well if your calling people "homers" in the sense of the word thats highlighted in red, then I'll take that... as a Packer fan,..I believe that we will win every game! Most know I'm not into stats,.. its just the fact that I believe as a fan, I need to go into every game believing in a win!

Now in the last part of that definition, you can see why people would take offense, especially coming from a fellow Packer fan!

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^No, I meant it as in a person letting their love for their "home" team blind them. There's nothing wrong with believing in a win, and I think the Packers do have a realistic shot at winning, and again, I'm not calling every single person on here a homer. However, from an objective point of view, the odds are indeed stacked against them and they are deservedly the underdogs in this game. But I'm not saying I always pick against the underdog, and this is only the second time I've picked against the Packers this year (first was the Bears game).

I'll say Falcons 27, Packers 24 in a good one.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
alrighty then...maybe homers was the wrong word???

Of course I like you HH.... I'm just trying to say that regardless of what the stats,...standings... predicitions...me... I'm ALWAYS going for the Packers!

Even if they were going against Goliath and his homies!!

To me...that just means... I'm a fan!! A Green Bay Packer fan!!! and will proudly defy anyone that challenges that!:aggressive: * finally get to use this smiley!!!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Man, there are a lot of homers on this board. I'm a huge Packer fan but I'm at least capable of looking at a game objectively. You can't just go position by position, determine who has the edge, and predict the game based on that fact. There are so many intangibles that go into the preparation and execution of a game plan every single week that to simply predict based on personnel is foolish.

One intangible-- the Falcons have only lost once ever at the Georgia Dome under Matt Ryan. ONCE! That's unbelievable, and it's a stat that's not to be overlooked. Other causes for concern: One, the Packers' defense has not yet faced an offense the caliber of Atlanta's or a quarterback as hot as Ryan (not counting Vick, who only played a half). Two, the Ravens have already taken care of business at home against the Ravens, a team that is just as good as, if not better than, the Packers. Three, the Falcons have had extra time to prepare for this game after playing on Thursday last week.

I expect a close game, but I also expect the Falcons to win. I still like the Packers' Super Bowl chances, but this is just one of those games that I am really leery about.

Well here are the teams that these AMAZING falcons have played at home

2008 Home Games
DET (0-16)
KC (2-14)
CHI (9-7)
NO (8-8)
DEN (8-8)
CAR (12-4)
TB (9-7)
STL (2-14)

Combined: 50-78 (Only one playoff team, CAR, who lost 33-13 in their playoff game)

2009 Home Games
MIA (7-9)
CAR (8-8)
CHI (7-9)
WAS (4-12)
TB (3-13)
BUF (6-10)

Combined: 35-61 (Zero playoff teams)

2010 Home Games
AZ (3-7)
SF (3-7)
CIN (2-8)
TB (7-3)
BAL (7-3)

Combined: 22-28 (Two potential playoff teams, but NFL admitted their missed offensive PI against BAL, which was critical).

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Falcons are tough to beat at home. If we beat them in their house, I'd say we have a SB contending team on our hands. If we lose, we have a good solid playoff team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I DO think the Packers are the better team, and I was talking about people in general with their reasoning in predicting the Packers to win, not you in particular. But let's be serious with ourselves, the better team doesn't always win.

The Turner statistics are interesting, but all that it really tells me is that they don't need to rely on their running game to get a win. This isn't 2008, Turner isn't the MVP of that team or the most important player on that offensive any more. That distinction belongs to Matt Ryan first and Roddy White second.

And I wouldn't compare this to the Jets game, the Falcons are a better and more balanced team with a stronger homefield advantage and more momentum coming into the game. Completely different situation.

I will not be surprised in the least if the Packers win, because as I said before, I do feel they are the better team. But if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the Falcons.
Oh, then I agree.
I'm predicting a win, but a loss woldn't surprise me one bit. This was a game that I predicted us to lose when the schedule came out, if I'm not mistaken. So I can see any result happening, except for a Falcons blowout.

Just one thing about them and the Jets. The Jets D is MUCH better than them. Their D is average, and that's what gives me hope.

They don't fit the mold of teams that really worry me. Teams that can spread the field, that don't have a clear cut #1 receiver, but have an elite QB, and teams that have great Ds. Those teams worry me. The Saints and the Steelers fit the mold.

I don't know how much the Falcons can exploit Shields. Roddy White IMHO is the best receiver in the game right now, but Tramon is the best corner. Gonzo is great, and I have no faith in Chillar, but I do have faith in Bishop and Hawk. Turner is quite frankly a beast but I believe in our DL, if they're healhty.

But I worry when our team is spread out and they can pick on Shields and Lee. This D isn't last year's D, where we'll be gashed for 500 yards, but it's still our weakness (every team has one on O and D).

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going with a win as well, but not by much, 3 points at the most. I also wouldn't be too disappointed if we lost to a really good team that I can respect. Of course losing is ALWAYS a disappointment, but there are levels of disappointment. The Bears game was epic, at least to me. I wallowed for weeks on that one. As for the "homer" thing, for me it's just about faith. I am devoted to my team, I don't like to go into anything with the mentality that we are going to lose. If you do that, you have already defeated yourself in your mind. Losing is just not in my vocabulary. I don't care if it's the best team this league has seen in 10 years, you go out there with one thing on your mind: winning is all you know. If not, then to me, you have no business being out there on that field.

Members online

Latest posts