Why we Win this game! (FALCONS PACKERS)

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this, I'm very confident we win this game, for just a couple reasons...well more then a couple
ARMAND'S PACKER POINTS

#1 Better QB
#2 Better Pressure Packages, various Defensive looks
#3 Better Offensive Coach
#4 Better Defensive Coach
#5 Better Playmakers...Clay,Chuck,Tramon,AJ,Desmond,Nick,Cullen,BJ...IN MY OPINION they are BEASTS!!!
#6 As per #5, our Defense is LIGHTS OUT....at the moment averaging 14 & change points per game

***************NOT SCARED OF ATLANTA**********

#1 Turner is good if not a great RB this year...Lesean McCoy & Peterson...in my opinion....are much better & their teams didn't beat us
#2 Gonzo is a great hall of fame tight end, between Bishop, Collins, & Woodson...he may get his receptions, but he won't get too far on his YAC
#3 Falcons D...I don't know much about their Defense...but, I do know our offense & not many D's (exception the JETS) can shut our offense down
#4 Matt Ryan is a solid QB...going back up to my PACKER POINTS, specifally #'s 2,5, & 6...I am pretty sure we can make him feel uncomfortable
#5 I'm still pissed we lost to Atlanta 2 seasons ago & I want VENGEANCE!
#5-b Roddy White...I don't know I think there's just as good as a chance of him getting a lot of production or getting shut down, they really don't throw to anybody else (75 catches already for him)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

these points are strictly based off the top of my dome, these points are not meant to offend any potential Falcon readers, any falcon readers that may read this should know I plan to celebrate a Packers WIN post game...

GO PACK GO!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to say 34-16 Falcons. I have to. If I pick the Packers we always lose, so I gotta go with being a slave to my superstitions. heh

However, I like your breakdown and prediction.

Matty Ice 2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this, I'm very confident we win this game, for just a couple reasons...well more then a couple
ARMAND'S PACKER POINTS

#1 Better QB
#5 Better Playmakers...Clay,Chuck,Tramon,AJ,Desmond,Nick,Cullen,BJ...IN MY OPINION they are
#6 As per #5, our Defense is LIGHTS OUT....at the moment averaging 14 & change points per game

#1 Turner is good if not a great RB this year...Lesean McCoy & Peterson...in my opinion....are much better & their teams didn't beat us
#2 Gonzo is a great hall of fame tight end, between Bishop, Collins, & Woodson...he may get his receptions, but he won't get too far on his YAC
#3 Falcons D...I don't know much about their Defense...but, I do know our offense & not many D's (exception the JETS) can shut our offense down
#4 Matt Ryan is a solid QB...going back up to my PACKER POINTS, specifally #'s 2,5, & 6...I am pretty sure we can make him feel uncomfortable
#5-b Roddy White...I don't know I think there's just as good as a chance of him getting a lot of production or getting shut down, they really don't throw to anybody else (75 catches already for him)

these points are strictly based off the top of my dome, these points are not meant to offend any potential Falcon readers, any falcon readers that may read this should know I plan to celebrate a Packers WIN post game...

I am a Falcon reader and just here to talk football and not fight with fans here. My take on this is that I like that you are a fan but this is kinda over the top. The Falcons defense is very good. Plus the noise level will be louder then the metrodome and believe me I have been in that dome since I live in Minnesota. Vikes fans are weak. So the packers will have to have hand signals or something. I consider the ravens the best opponent the Falcons have faced so far and I think that why the packers have better conerbacks then the ravens, the ravens defense is better. Bringing up the point that Aaron will be the best passer they face since the season started is moot because the best passer they faced was Drew Brees. I think packer fans are too high over destroying the lowly vikings. That is not a good test at all because most of them gave up on the season two weeks ago. Finally I think when we have the lead in the fourth the packers d will be wore down by turner and snelling. Good luck though and here is hoping we meet in the NFC Championship game in Atlanta

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARMAND'S PACKER POINTS

#1 Better QB
#5 Better Playmakers...Clay,Chuck,Tramon,AJ,Desmond,Nick,Cullen,BJ...IN MY OPINION they are

I am a Falcon reader and just here to talk football and not fight with fans here. My take on this is that I like that you are a fan but this is kinda over the top. The Falcons defense is very good. Plus the noise level will be louder then the metrodome and believe me I have been in that dome since I live in Minnesota. Vikes fans are weak. So the packers will have to have hand signals or something. I consider the ravens the best opponent the Falcons have faced so far and I think that why the packers have better conerbacks then the ravens, the ravens defense is better. Bringing up the point that Aaron will be the best passer they face since the season started is moot because the best passer they faced was Drew Brees. I think packer fans are too high over destroying the lowly vikings. That is not a good test at all because most of them gave up on the season two weeks ago. Finally I think when we have the lead in the fourth the packers d will be wore down by turner and snelling. Good luck though and here is hoping we meet in the NFC Championship game in Atlanta

Not trying to start a fight but that sounds an awfully a lot like what all the Jets fans said.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Falcons are the toughest test yet for the Packers. They are a complete team, playing very well right now, good coaching, not prone to mistakes that give the game away and are playing at home.

On the Packers side pretty much everything i just said can be copied over except playing at home. However just playing in a dome is good for the Pack.

To me this game hinges on a few key items. James Jones, Special Teams and 1 mistake. If Jones and the Return game show up we win. The team to make "THE" mistake will loose.

This should be a great game to watch. Unfortunatly for me i live in $hit vikings land and will probably only get the purple turds on the tube.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Matty
I am a Falcon reader and just here to talk football and not fight with fans here. My take on this is that I like that you are a fan but this is kinda over the top. The Falcons defense is very good. Plus the noise level will be louder then the metrodome and believe me I have been in that dome since I live in Minnesota. Vikes fans are weak. So the packers will have to have hand signals or something. I consider the ravens the best opponent the Falcons have faced so far and I think that why the packers have better conerbacks then the ravens, the ravens defense is better. Bringing up the point that Aaron will be the best passer they face since the season started is moot because the best passer they faced was Drew Brees. I think packer fans are too high over destroying the lowly vikings. That is not a good test at all because most of them gave up on the season two weeks ago.
Finally I think when we have the lead in the fourth the packers d will be wore down by turner and snelling. Good luck though and here is hoping we meet in the NFC Championship game in
Atlanta[/QUOTE]

One question have you ever been to a game in Atlanta? And also I don't give a rats *** if the Vikings gave up but I can tell you that the fans never did and I don't care if the vikes were 0-15 and they played the packers that stadium would be loud it's a division game for christs sake. And like the post before you said exactly what jets fans did n I gotta ask what happened with that game?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa guys. I think many of us on this site are really underestimating and looking past the Falcons. They are leading the conference for a reason...

This game will be tough. Real tough. I'm pulling for the Packers to pull the upset, but it's not going to be as easy as I think some of you think it will. Atlanta is a good team. I'm not sure yet how strong I feel that the Packers are. I mean I really don't want to take away a dominant feeling from the Vikings games and the Dallas game because I mean, who hasn't beaten those two teams? The Jets game shows promise. I just don't want to get overconfident here. I'm hoping like hell that we can beat Atlanta and Philly can smoke the Bears this weekend. I read that if that happens we go from the 6th seed to the number 1 seed, and from there we can control our own destiny.

Anyways, this game is HUGE. Please don't look past it or underestimate the Falcons. They are good and we are chasing them right now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa guys. I think many of us on this site are really underestimating and looking past the Falcons. They are leading the conference for a reason...

This game will be tough. Real tough. I'm pulling for the Packers to pull the upset, but it's not going to be as easy as I think some of you think it will. Atlanta is a good team.
Anyways, this game is HUGE. Please don't look past it or underestimate the Falcons. They are good and we are chasing them right now.
Take a look at the careers so far of Aaron Rodgers & Matt Ryan.
They both started in 2008 (Ryan was just a rookie), and even that rookie year, Ryan came thru late in the clutch, close games, and pulled out some great wins. I remember that year he pulled one off to beat the Bears. He beat us. He's done it again this year.

He sometimes struggles, but he's got a good history of making the plays late when close games are decided.

Clearly, if there's one weakness in Rodgers resume so far, it's that he's NOT gotten the job done in similar situations as Ryan has. Yaba, Yaba, Yaba.... no excuses. Rodgers had the ball and Jennings open in OT in the playoff game.

Rodgers had the ball in both overtime losses this year, one of the games he had 2 possessions. The Bears loss I can't blame him at all, only the refs and James Jones.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well I can overlook anyteam cuz I don't play for the packers also the facons have beat the same kind of teams we have and have gotten lucky in 2 games I said this before and I will say it again 28-10 packers

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope everyone realizes that, if we beat Atlanta, there can be no doubt that we have a superbowl team right now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope everyone realizes that, if we beat Atlanta, there can be no doubt that we have a superbowl team right now.
Right, but we did in 2007 also.

Now, we are the #1 team in the NFL right now in terms of point-differential, with Pittsburgh #2.

And over the last 17 regular season games, the Packers have the #1 best record at 13-4. better than New England, NY Jets, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Philly, everyone. That's a long span of time for it to be a fluke.

BUT this year, our defense has not faced any great passing games again... remember last year we got shredded by the great passing games after thinking our #1-ranked defense was so good.

Matt Ryan will be a severe test, so will Tom Brady.

I personally like our chances in NE more than in Atlanta, even though Brady hasn't lost a home start in 25 games.

We need to beat Atlanta by more than 7 because I don't like our chances in a tight game, for many reasons.

Matty Ice 2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matty
I am a Falcon reader and just here to talk football and not fight with fans here. My take on this is that I like that you are a fan but this is kinda over the top. The Falcons defense is very good. Plus the noise level will be louder then the metrodome and believe me I have been in that dome since I live in Minnesota. Vikes fans are weak. So the packers will have to have hand signals or something. I consider the ravens the best opponent the Falcons have faced so far and I think that why the packers have better conerbacks then the ravens, the ravens defense is better. Bringing up the point that Aaron will be the best passer they face since the season started is moot because the best passer they faced was Drew Brees. I think packer fans are too high over destroying the lowly vikings. That is not a good test at all because most of them gave up on the season two weeks ago.
Finally I think when we have the lead in the fourth the packers d will be wore down by turner and snelling. Good luck though and here is hoping we meet in the NFC Championship game in
Atlanta

One question have you ever been to a game in Atlanta? And also I don't give a rats *** if the Vikings gave up but I can tell you that the fans never did and I don't care if the vikes were 0-15 and they played the packers that stadium would be loud it's a division game for christs sake. And like the post before you said exactly what jets fans did n I gotta ask what happened with that game?[/QUOTE]

I have been to a game in Atlanta. I have a relative that works for the team so he gets pretty good seats. I would have been down there this weekend if not for stupid work. If the Vikes were 0-15 and playing the pack then no fans would show up. They would not pay a cent to see that game. Yeah I heard about the Jets game but even though they are supposed to be a top team I still think that the falcons are better.

Matty Ice 2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Falcons are the toughest test yet for the Packers. They are a complete team, playing very well right now, good coaching, not prone to mistakes that give the game away and are playing at home.

On the Packers side pretty much everything i just said can be copied over except playing at home. However just playing in a dome is good for the Pack.

To me this game hinges on a few key items. James Jones, Special Teams and 1 mistake. If Jones and the Return game show up we win. The team to make "THE" mistake will loose.

This should be a great game to watch. Unfortunatly for me i live in $hit vikings land and will probably only get the purple turds on the tube.

Yeah the vikes are on Sunday. I hate that because no one wants to see the queens. I have to work anyway but I might have to sneak to a sports bar down the street to see the falcon game.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I heard about the Jets game but even though they are supposed to be a top team I still think that the falcons are better.

You think the FALCONS are better then the JETS...really? Ok, everyone's entitled to their opinion, which is fine...b/c in my opinion the PACKERS are better then BOTH the JETS & FALCONS

JETS are 9-2
FALCONS are 8-2
PACKERS 7-3

You say the FALCONS are better then the JETS...I mean I guess it's possible

ANYWAY, back to Packers Falcons

The only common opponent is the EAGLES, who crushed you @ Lincoln Financial Field...no it wasn't the dome, the DOME where MATT RYAN...can't lose? is that right? really?

GAME-CENTER IN PHILLY MATCH-UP FALCONS EAGLES

We faced the eagles too, MOSTLY against the better QB...not KOLB like you guys did

GAME-CENTER IN PHILLY MATCH-UP PACKERS EAGLES

I gotta get ready for work, looking forward to more responses!

The Atlanta Journal Constitution PACKERS FALCONS MATCHUP

PACKERS WILL WIN THIS GAME

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons offense is a lot better than the Jets offense.

Defense, not so much. But at home, the Falcons defense is pretty good and we'll have our hands full with Abraham.

I suspect turnovers and refs will sway a close game one way or the other.

Dammit, I still can't believe Roy Williams let that game be stripped away from him... I hope that W by the Saints doesn't come back and cost us a playoff seeding position. It was a key W, and an NFC W.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the cowboy and saints game,yesterday and for some to say the cowboys didn't play when we played them,ask the saints they were up but the cowboys came back,the point I'm making is they played the same as when they played us,I'm not saying falcons can't win but I like what the pack has done in these games,and think falcons not underestimate,we are scary good.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons offense is a lot better than the Jets offense.

Defense, not so much. But at home, the Falcons defense is pretty good and we'll have our hands full with Abraham.
I agree. The Falcons are much more balanced than the Jets. Though you can't say that the Falcons are a great passing team. I believe that if you take the run out of their game, and if you can contain White, they really struggle.
White is the most targeted WR in the league. Matt Ryan is playing great, but the fact is he relies too much on White and the running game.
Personally, I don't feel that Ryan can win the game for them, as Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Rodgers can.

I suspect turnovers and refs will sway a close game one way or the other.
The Packers' D have forced at least 1 turnover in each and every game, and our O has come back to the fundamentally sound football, the last 3 games they haven't turned over the ball.

Dammit, I still can't believe Roy Williams let that game be stripped away from him... I hope that W by the Saints doesn't come back and cost us a playoff seeding position. It was a key W, and an NFC W.
Really, you can't believe ROY WILLIAMS let the game stripped away from him? THE MOMENT he started running I immediately thought "he'll screw it up". He did.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, there are a lot of homers on this board. I'm a huge Packer fan but I'm at least capable of looking at a game objectively. You can't just go position by position, determine who has the edge, and predict the game based on that fact. There are so many intangibles that go into the preparation and execution of a game plan every single week that to simply predict based on personnel is foolish.

One intangible-- the Falcons have only lost once ever at the Georgia Dome under Matt Ryan. ONCE! That's unbelievable, and it's a stat that's not to be overlooked. Other causes for concern: One, the Packers' defense has not yet faced an offense the caliber of Atlanta's or a quarterback as hot as Ryan (not counting Vick, who only played a half). Two, the Ravens have already taken care of business at home against the Ravens, a team that is just as good as, if not better than, the Packers. Three, the Falcons have had extra time to prepare for this game after playing on Thursday last week.

I expect a close game, but I also expect the Falcons to win. I still like the Packers' Super Bowl chances, but this is just one of those games that I am really leery about.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget about Tony Gonzalez.
He's not as great as he once was, but he's still good and is smarter than hell. Very savvy too.
You guys have confidence Brandon Chillar can handle him? Really?

And Jenkins is inconsistent, but he's dangerous and his a big target.
Harry Douglass is good running those rub routes, hard to stay with little speedster running across the middle in front of the LBers.....

This is an offense that can expose any defense, when Ryan is on. Let's be realistic here: this is a big test, and one that could beat us.

Then again, we could bottle up Turner, make them one-dimensional, and Woodson and Tramon and Collins could each get a pick-6 in a 41-24 route.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, there are a lot of homers on this board. I'm a huge Packer fan but I'm at least capable of looking at a game objectively. You can't just go position by position, determine who has the edge, and predict the game based on that fact. There are so many intangibles that go into the preparation and execution of a game plan every single week that to simply predict based on personnel is foolish.

One intangible-- the Falcons have only lost once ever at the Georgia Dome under Matt Ryan. ONCE! That's unbelievable, and it's a stat that's not to be overlooked. Other causes for concern: One, the Packers' defense has not yet faced an offense the caliber of Atlanta's or a quarterback as hot as Ryan (not counting Vick, who only played a half). Two, the Ravens have already taken care of business at home against the Ravens, a team that is just as good as, if not better than, the Packers. Three, the Falcons have had extra time to prepare for this game after playing on Thursday last week.

I expect a close game, but I also expect the Falcons to win. I still like the Packers' Super Bowl chances, but this is just one of those games that I am really leery about.
So because we're predicting a win we're homers and aren't looking at things objectively?

I give the Falcons their dues. I acknowledge Ryan as avery good QB, specially at home. I acknowledge their OL, Roddy White, Turner and Gonzo.

But from what I've seen, they're not as good a team as we are. In games that Turner has been contained, they've struggled mightly to win:

ATL 9 @ PIT 15: Turner: 19 carries for 42 yards
SF 14 @ ATL 16: Turner: 16 carries for 50 yards
ATL 17 @ PHI 31: Turner: 15 carries for 45 yards
BAL 21 @ ATL 26: Turner: 17 carries for 39 yards

And even some games where Turner has been good, they've struggled, against Cincy (39 to 32 at home), TB (27 to 21 at home).

Just because I see us as the better team, even at their home, doesn't mean I'm being a homer and am not acknowledging their talent. But I see us as the more talented, better performing team. Specially on D.

We have allowed just 13 TDs ALL YEAR. 9 passing and 4 running. That's league low by far.

And on O, we all know what this O is capable of.

So, do I expect an easy win? By no means. But do I see us winning? Absolutely. After all they've been through, and the way they've been performing, and not just against scrubs, against the rested, 5-1 Jets at their home, where we had never win, I just trust in them.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The Falcons once proved that not every playoff game at Lambeau is a Packers victory, and I believe that the Packers can show that not every home game at the Georgia Dome is a Falcons victory. This is a going to be a good game, and I really think the Packers can get the win.

Members online

Latest posts