Why does Rodgers only want to throw to Adams?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It’s easy to replace Davante Adams and we should not look to re-sign him when the time comes.

There. The first and only post of this kind. :ninja: :whistling:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
After the first win of the season it was “LOOKS LIKE WE DIDNT NEED A WR IN THE DRAFT”

Yes, there has been a lot of satisfaction that the offense has been very good overall after certain Packer fans pissed and moaned for 5 months.

For me personally, it was gratifying to see LaFleur’s offense operate without needing premium talent at WR, which was something I had been arguing in the offseason.

I still call BS on this notion that there are large swaths of posters who are totally content with the WR corps. I’m certainly not.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this was going to escalate. So I figured I'd try to diffuse the situation before it potentially does.
A moderators job isn’t to think, or figure. And I’m not sure what really their job is, but it’s definitely not that.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A moderators job isn’t to think, or figure. And I’m not sure what really their job is, but it’s definitely not that.
You just contradicted yourself. You say a moderator's job isn't to think or figure, and then you say you're not sure what their job is. All I said was to ease up which honestly if Im being honest wasn't even directed at you, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to involve yourself to begin with.

And given the fact that there was drama not too long ago, I figure I'd politely ask to ease up as his comment could've potentially be taken out of context and thus a potential drama could happen as a result. So again I politely ask just to ease up in the event what he said would be taken personal. So what exactly appears to be the problem?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just contradicted yourself. You say a moderator's job isn't to think or figure, and then you say you're not sure what their job is. All I said was to ease up which honestly if Im being honest wasn't even directed at you, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to involve yourself to begin with.

And given the fact that there was drama not too long ago, I figure I'd politely ask to ease up as his comment could've potentially be taken out of context and thus a potential drama could happen as a result. So again I politely ask just to ease up in the event what he said would be taken personal. So what exactly appears to be the problem?
good grief... he was messing with you... A moderator’s job is to be able to figure that out lol.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
good grief... he was messing with you... A moderator’s job is to be able to figure that out lol.
So now we have to baby sit then figure out when some one is joking? Especially when nothing indicates its a joke?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A mod made a comment based on best knowledge at the time

Its time people start to respect them to do their best.

If there is a problem report it

D

Deleted member 6794

Well if you can't get another one it doesn't make any sense to get rid of the one you have. You get rid of the guys you can replace easily not the ones you can't.

Unfortunately the salary cap prevents teams from hanging on to all players they would like to keep if they had unlimited funds to spend.

How this turned into a get rid of Adams thread is beyond me . Adams is great . Top 5 in league easily . We know what happens when Rodgers can get it to him . It’s when he locks on him and he’s covered when the offense becomes stagnant .

No, the offense becomes stagnant once they face a secondary capable of limiting Adams' impact as the team doesn't feature another receiver capable of picking up the slack.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i was joking, man. Tough crowd.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really feel like digging around the forum to go dragging up threads, but I know I saw people defending Gute's decision not to grab WRs in this year's draft, and saying things to the degree that our current group was just fine.

Now number two I agree that most people have seen Adams as top tier value. General consensus is definitely that he's a hard replacement to find.

Now, I'll admit I certainly had hoped MVS had turned the corner after the first couple weeks, but it definitely seems to be the same old story again there with regression. Gute has rolled the dice and lost again.

Oh my word, someone attempting to figure out how or why Gute wouldn't have picked a WR is not the same thing as believing the WR is top flight? Dearl Lord folks, you cannot be this unable to think on a topic.

He signed Funchess, took an equivalent of a late Day 3 adding Begelton and had ESB coming back...not too mention a Lazard and MVS no doubt folks hoped would continue growth in production. NOW being able to express this thought, doesn't mean someone feels we did enough - it is purely stating what he did and/or what he may have thought.

When a guy opts out (Funchess), ESB apparently NOT catching flight like many hoped, Lazard sustaining an injury, MVS continuing to be void of progression and Begelton to not be that flier taken that turned into something....I mean that is literally EVERYTHING going poorly in one position room in my opinion.

It is purely a myth that Gute did nothing for that room...the issue is most folks believe he didn't do enough and to an extent what he did do clearly were whiffs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have said same.

Some posters have a habit to push others buttons

Are YOU new here?
it was just a joke. Man. Carolina has to be one of the more over dramatic zero to 3,000 MPH over ever small thing that happens in the NFL posters we've had. I've seen teenaged girls use less charged language over the color of socks the various bandmates of Menudo were wearing vs. Micheal Jackson than he does.

I thought I was being funny, I realize i'm not usually, but I tried.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was just a joke. Man. Carolina has to be one of the more over dramatic zero to 3,000 MPH over ever small thing that happens in the NFL posters we've had. I've seen teenaged girls use less charged language over the color of socks the various bandmates of Menudo were wearing vs. Micheal Jackson than he does.

Zero to 3,000 is probably the perfect way to describe it for sure...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there has been a lot of satisfaction that the offense has been very good overall after certain Packer fans pissed and moaned for 5 months.

For me personally, it was gratifying to see LaFleur’s offense operate without needing premium talent at WR, which was something I had been arguing in the offseason.

I still call BS on this notion that there are large swaths of posters who are totally content with the WR corps. I’m certainly not.
Agree. I think it’s a work in progress. That said, Scantling needs to get his head fixed. We need his long speed skill set.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve always said I thought you were a bit funny :laugh:.

Members online