Why does Rodgers only want to throw to Adams?

D

Deleted member 6794

I've said it before and I'll stress it again. To me I could care less how many times he tries to get it to Adams, the issue is when he has that terrible Cutler tunnel vision for him. It is a thing of beauty when he doesn't force it to Adams.

It seems opposing cornerbacks haven't been able to decipher Rodgers' tunnel vision when targeting Adams as before the game at Tampa he was only intercepted once when throwing to him 316 times since the start of the 2018 season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems opposing cornerbacks haven't been able to decipher Rodgers' tunnel vision when targeting Adams as before the game at Tampa he was only intercepted once when throwing to him 316 times since the start of the 2018 season.

He's gotten lucky plenty a times with it however. Don't get me wrong, dude is one of the best, but Adams is so good he can and does cause arguably the most gifted QB to get tunnel vision at times.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm absolutely convinced the Packers will re-sign Adams.

They better resign adams because contrary to popular belief around here you can't just go get another davante adams, aaron jones, david bakitiari, jaire alexander...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah... literally nobody thinks that

I'm a bit confused by your comment can't tell if it's sarcasm or not. But if you read through these posts in various forums you'll find plenty of people who advocate getting rid of Adams bakh and jones

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by your comment can't tell if it's sarcasm or not. But if you read through these posts in various forums you'll find plenty of people who advocate getting rid of Adams bakh and jones

You might find the odd poster who thinks they may have to let one or more of those guys walk because of cap concerns, but nate is right-- virtually no one says you can just "go get" another one. That's anything but popular belief around here.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might find the odd poster who thinks they may have to let one or more of those guys walk because of cap concerns, but nate is right-- virtually no one says you can just "go get" another one. That's anything but popular belief around here.

Well if you can't get another one it doesn't make any sense to get rid of the one you have. You get rid of the guys you can replace easily not the ones you can't.

That's like someone who throws their window air conditioner away when they move only to have to buy another one when summer rolls around again

I mean I know people who live like that plenty of em and replace air conditioner with whatever you want. But it's just not how I would do it

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well if you can't get another one it doesn't make any sense to get rid of the one you have. You get rid of the guys you can replace easily not the ones you can't.

That's like someone who throws their window air conditioner away when they move only to have to buy another one when summer rolls around again

I mean I know people who live like that plenty of em and replace air conditioner with whatever you want. But it's just not how I would do it

The calculus is significantly more complicated than that.

In a capped league, every transaction comes with a hard and fast opportunity cost. The Packers can't merely keep all the good players. They have to decide how best to use cap space, which is a finite resource.

If your analogy was really going to fit you'd have to say that someone buys an AC unit, after 4 years they learn that it's going to cost 10 times as much to operate, and they have to decide if they want to pay that much for AC, or if they'd rather replace the garbage disposal.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today's game should have highlighted why Rodgers needs to target Adams as much as he does, especially with Lazard out.

Sorry, but MVS just is what he is. Effective if he gets an easy ball thrown him when he's running free in the field, but otherwise unreliable. ESB ... too much of an injury liability and delivering very little when he is healthy.

Sorry, but I have to agree with @Pokerbrat2000, this WR group just is not totally fixed or deep enough.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In what thread anywhere has anyone ever said don't resign Adams when his contract comes up?? Which fyi is not an issue after this year....serious where in the world is this coming from???????

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Today's game should have highlighted why Rodgers needs to target Adams as much as he does, especially with Lazard out.

Sorry, but MVS just is what he is. Effective if he gets an easy ball thrown him when he's running free in the field, but otherwise unreliable. ESB ... too much of an injury liability and delivering very little when he is healthy.

Sorry, but I have to agree with @Pokerbrat2000, this WR group just is not totally fixed or deep enough.

Has anyone said that this WR group is totally fixed and deep enough?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but this just needs to be said— I disagree with all of you who are constantly saying that the Packers are an embarrassment and should be disbanded. I know this is bold, but I couldn’t look myself in the mirror if I didn’t stand against such a prevailing viewpoint.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but this just needs to be said— I disagree with all of you who are constantly saying that the Packers are an embarrassment and should be disbanded. I know this is bold, but I couldn’t look myself in the mirror if I didn’t stand against such a prevailing viewpoint.
I’m sure you realize that several people are going to take this seriously lol.

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
I figured this thread would be popping . It’s easy to target one receiver this much and beat BAD teams . You can’t beat good teams with 1 receiver .

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone said that this WR group is totally fixed and deep enough?

Not one person on this board has from everything I've read....we literally have folks just stating pure falsehoods...

We now of folks saying that people believe our WR group is perfectly good to go, which no one has said.

We also have folks saying people have been saying it is easy to replace Adams and we shouldn't resign him....again false.

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
How this turned into a get rid of Adams thread is beyond me . Adams is great . Top 5 in league easily . We know what happens when Rodgers can get it to him . It’s when he locks on him and he’s covered when the offense becomes stagnant .

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not one person on this board has from everything I've read....we literally have folks just stating pure falsehoods...

We now of folks saying that people believe our WR group is perfectly good to go, which no one has said.

We also have folks saying people have been saying it is easy to replace Adams and we shouldn't resign him....again false.

I don't really feel like digging around the forum to go dragging up threads, but I know I saw people defending Gute's decision not to grab WRs in this year's draft, and saying things to the degree that our current group was just fine.

Now number two I agree that most people have seen Adams as top tier value. General consensus is definitely that he's a hard replacement to find.

Now, I'll admit I certainly had hoped MVS had turned the corner after the first couple weeks, but it definitely seems to be the same old story again there with regression. Gute has rolled the dice and lost again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts