Who's The Biggest Threat The Packers Must Contend With To Get A #1 NFC Seed?

Who's The Biggest Threat The Packers Must Contend With To Get A #1 NFC Seed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they almost won last night. That's the impressive part.
I don't know but I wonder if Shanahan was thinking he would win anyway and so played the young QB and maybe get some kind of trade later. If so, it backfired because the young guy was pretty bad and it sure looked like Beatherd would have won it for them.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know but I wonder if Shanahan was thinking he would win anyway and so played the young QB and maybe get some kind of trade later. If so, it backfired because the young guy was pretty bad and it sure looked like Beatherd would have won it for them.

I don't think that was Shanahan's way of thinking as entering yesterday's game Mullens had put up better career numbers than Beathard.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that was Shanahan's way of thinking as entering yesterday's game Mullens had put up better career numbers than Beathard.
You think like a fantasy player. Do actually believe that Shanahan goes to stat sheets to determine who he is going to play?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think like a fantasy player. Do actually believe that Shanahan goes to stat sheets to determine who he is going to play?

Analytics are a thing and included in a stat sheet so....... Yes...... Yes he does

D

Deleted member 6794

Do you honestly believe that Shanahan is starting what he believes is an inferior quarterback to another one available because of playing a supposedly weak opponent???

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe that Shanahan is starting what he believes is an inferior quarterback to another one available because of playing a supposedly weak opponent???
I believe that Shanahan can see every day which QB he thinks has a better chance of winning. I do not think he gets to his office and looks up career stats to make a decision. Beatherd looked like a better QB to me and probably would have won that game. So I think there is a possibility that Shanahan thought he could win with either and so he played the young guy.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
They're both young guys. Beathard is 26 and Mullens is 25.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe that Shanahan can see every day which QB he thinks has a better chance of winning. Beatherd looked like a better QB to me and probably would have won that game.

Shanahan started Mullens as he thought that would give the Niners the best chance to win. In hindsight that seems to have been a mistake.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Neither Chicago nor Tampa look strong!
I haven't paid enough attention to either team enough this season to know if the Bucs pass rush is that good, or if the Bears offensive line is that bad.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't paid enough attention to either team enough this season to know if the Bucs pass rush is that good, or if the Bears offensive line is that bad.

I thought it was the other way around. Bears pass rush is really good and Bucs OLine is bad.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around. Bears pass rush is really good and Bucs OLine is bad.
One thing I noticed is that neither team is particularly disciplined. The refs played way too big a part in that game.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I noticed is that neither team is particularly disciplined. The refs played way too big a part in that game.

Can't beleive I'm saying this....Foles was the better QB. Brady was scared. He lacks mobility to dance out of pocket and with a weak OLine it shows. Hasty throws, off target throws....the Smith bros can get him easily flustered.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about Brady, but Foles made some pretty awful throws in that game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers are 1/4 of the way into their season and at 4-0, a Packer fan couldn't ask for a better record. So far I still think the Seahawks are their biggest competition for the #1 Seed. Fortunately, the Seahawks are in a highly competitive division and should lose a few games against division opponents.

Next 4 games for the Packers is crucial and 3 are on the road:
  • @Bucs
  • @Texans
  • Vikings
  • @49'ers

The Packers look to be pretty healthy coming off their bye week, I think they beat the Bucs and should have their way with the Texans. The Viking game could be a dogfight, if the Vikings continue to improve. I would say that "injuries" are probably THE Packers biggest competitor for the #1 seed, but all teams face that. Speaking of injuries, the 49'ers have not had good luck in regards to the injury bug. Add to the injuries, over their next 7 games they play Los Angeles Rams (twice), New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, Seahawks, Packers and the Bills. 49'ers could be toast at the halfway point of the season. At the beginning of the season, I had circled the 49'er game as a probable Packer loss, but if they were playing this weekend, I have no doubt the Pack would be favored. I guess we will see on Nov. 5th, but if the 49'ers lose at least 2 of their next 3 and don't get healthy, they might be mentally out of it at 2-6 or 3-5 and the W for the Packers might be just that much easier if that is the case. Could the Pack be 8-0 after that game?

Imagine if the Packers can get to 8-0, they will be at home 5 of the last 8 games, against teams that I feel we match up pretty well with. But lets get the Packers to 8-0 and then return to talk about the last half of the season. :D
  • Jaguars
  • @Colts
  • Bears
  • Eagles
  • @Lions
  • Panthers
  • Titans
  • @Bears

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of now, it's the Bucs and Seahawks.

I'd also say a healthy 9er team may pose problems. They gotta get right though. Bosa being out is a big blow to that team, but still, their strength (run game) is our weakness and can keep Rodgers on the sideline.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd also say a healthy 9er team may pose problems. They gotta get right though. Bosa being out is a big blow to that team, but still, their strength (run game) is our weakness and can keep Rodgers on the sideline.

You could very well be right, as we're only a quarter of the way in. The reason I leave the 49ers out is because the number one strength of their team was that disruptive defensive line. It's all gone, starters and the top backup they brought in.

D

Deleted member 6794

As of now, it's the Bucs and Seahawks.

I'm sorry but the Bucs aren't any good. They won't make the playoffs.

The Niners won't be healthy this season anymore though and in my opinion have lost too many players to injury to be considered a legit contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts