Reaction score
I rather want the Bucs.

Saints worry me with their running game and their defense

Yeah they handled the Rams but with out a healthy Donald

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I want Brees outside in the cold.

That's a pretty hackneyed angle by now, but I think it could be a difference maker.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either will be tough. On the one hand, the Saints are probably the better team overall. But on the other, we already beat the Saints and Brees isn't known to play well in cold weather. And we didn't just lose to the Bucs. We got completely demolished.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Either will be tough. On the one hand, the Saints are probably the better team overall. But on the other, we already beat the Saints and Brees isn't known to play well in cold weather. And we didn't just lose to the Bucs. We got completely demolished.
Beat saints with out thomas and we didnt have adams....

Kamara had a field day receiving vs the Def then.

I think their corner jenkins had a health issue? Or something wasnt right..

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NO 5th in points allowed
TB 8th in points allowed
GB 13th in points allowed

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question is does it matter?

Yes its the NFL and any team can beat any team but im not going to worry myself about the idea that a warm weather team is going to match this offense point for point at home

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd rather have the Saints. Brady knows how to function in the cold.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hearkening back on the "old days" which really aren't the "old days" to me anyway ... something that always serves as a mental "yabutt" to me, the Panthers doing the Packers' light work in the '96 playoffs by taking out the Cowboys has been stuck in my craw. Back then, it didn't matter to me - all I wanted was a Super Bowl win like all of Packer Nation, and I'm still not willing to give my New Orleans Super Bowl hat back, BUT STILL:

I don't want the Saints. I want the Bucs. I want the Bucs BECAUSE they dragged the Pack's a** all over the field during the regular season. I want the Bucs BECAUSE they have Tom Brady who knows how to win huge games. Granted he's not the same player - BUT - he is the same GUY. On top of that, the Bucs defense had its way with the Packers first time around and by games end, the Pack's offense looked like whipped puppies - well, I think the whole team looked like whipped puppies.

"The Cold" isn't going to be a deciding factor. I think that is just over-hyped. It is time ... for the Packers to exert their will. To be THAT team. For my own mental well being, for the remaining time I have on this earth (because I don't let things go ... ever), I need for this team to alleviate the specter of another Carolina did our light work memory. Once that is done, I'll start in on Kansas City.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want the Bucs for the same reason I don't want the vikings anywhere near an NFCC game. I don't want Tom Brady having a chance to win another SB, especially with a team other than the Patriots. I think he is already the GOAT and if he wins another one with the Bucs the media coverage will be nauseating.

As far as the Packers go I don't think it really matters. I think we can beat both teams if we play like we did yesterday but I also think both teams are equally capable of beating us. Brees in the cold might be slightly better but then Brees potentially in his final game (yes I think he is retiring. The salary cap situation in NO demands they move on and unlike Brady I don't think Brees will play for another team) might be more motivation for him. I don't put much stock in the games we played against either team earlier in the year.

All I can say for sure is that I work until 3 next Sunday. If Captain is right I might be getting sick around noon or so.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter

you saw GB attack the Rams like they needed to keep doing against TB. They got behind the chains with some lateral runs and had some uncharacteristic TO's then we played right into their hands. You run at them, towards the LOS and pound it out and then take your shots. I'm not any more worried about TB than I am the Saints. Both will take good games from GB to beat them. As it should be to get to the Super Bowl.

Bring 'em on.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want the Bucs for the same reason I don't want the vikings anywhere near an NFCC game. I don't want Tom Brady having a chance to win another SB, especially with a team other than the Patriots. I think he is already the GOAT and if he wins another one with the Bucs the media coverage will be nauseating.

As far as the Packers go I don't think it really matters. I think we can beat both teams if we play like we did yesterday but I also think both teams are equally capable of beating us. Brees in the cold might be slightly better but then Brees potentially in his final game (yes I think he is retiring. The salary cap situation in NO demands they move on and unlike Brady I don't think Brees will play for another team) might be more motivation for him. I don't put much stock in the games we played against either team earlier in the year.

All I can say for sure is that I work until 3 next Sunday. If Captain is right I might be getting sick around noon or so.
I feel exactly the same way. I don’t want Brady to even sniff another Super Bowl.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been waiting for a Brady vs Rodgers playoff game forever it seems. This is not how I imagined it could happen.

Side note: I had a lot of work yesterday so I put on headphones and made sure not to do anything to let me know the score so I could watch the replay on NFL network at 10pm (I live on west coast) and view as if live. Until my wife came into my office and patted me on the back and said something. I took off the cans and she said "Congrats on the huge win!".

So a little steam came out of my sails but still, I was going to watch the game that night. And I did. I was well into the game when one of the announcers said something about the noise. And I realized that the few thousand fans were so loud. And then it hit me. I had settled in to the game and it sounded so normal.

So a big thanks to all those there live. I slipped back to 2010 playoff atmosphere and didn't even realize it.

And I have to hand out some credit to the organization. Murph has proven to have made a great choice so far in Gute, who deserves much praise for his selection of a young, unknown and seemingly genius coach and his building a team of less than elite draft picks at a lot of positions to suit the needs of the head coaches vision. This is looking like a match made in heaven, probably advised by St. Vincent himself.

Forgive the length and sporadic thoughts here, first day off in several weeks and decided to enjoy the game last night so may have indulged in more than a few liquid libations. So happy new year and GPG!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees or Brady don't like the cold. I'm more concerned with the receivers that the Bucs have vs the single receiver the Saints have. I'd rather play the Saints, though Kamara is the guy in scared of the most.

Either way I'm not too concerned about either team's defense since the Packers offense is so dominant right now.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think back to what Brady was able to do in the AFC Championship game at arrowhead a couple years ago and though he's older now, he has big game experience in frigid conditions.

If I had to choose, give me the Saints.

Tminus6453

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints... I still have a bad feeling with what the Bucs did to us earlier this year and Tom is a better playoff QB, even in the cold

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that's going to be awesome about this year's NFCCG is it will be a matchup of iconic QBs whether it's Brees or Brady we got coming here. Good thing is we got all of today to wait and see who to prepare for.

On paper, it would appear the Saints would be the better matchup, but don't forget Michael Thomas will be here this time. On the flipside, sure we had trouble with the Tampa Bay defense earlier, but the ridiculous narrative about us not being able to handle good defenses got debunked big time yesterday.

And ... Every team TB lost to (except for KC) has been beaten by us.

I think the Saints are going to kick their *sses today like they have in the earlier games, but if not ....

Bring on that hot weather and humidity loving south Florida team and freeze them to death up here in Lambeau. Bucs never win when it's below 20 out.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think back to what Brady was able to do in the AFC Championship game at arrowhead a couple years ago and though he's older now, he has big game experience in frigid conditions.

If I had to choose, give me the Saints.

Brady threw for a lot of yards but had 1 TD and 2 picks. That game was primarily the NE running game going off for 176 yards and 4 TDs. Also, that Brady played in the lowest scoring Super Bowl ever.

Brady is good but I'm far more concerned with asking this secondary to contain Evans, Godwin, Brown, and Gronk. I think the Packers defense would match up much better with Michael Thomas and Kamara (now a good matchup but a better matchup). The Saints defense is much better but, again, the way this Packers offense is playing I don't really care.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather the saints... Stopping Thomas and Kamara (tough task for sure) seems to be a better option than Godwin, Evans, Brown, Fournette, Gronk. The Saints are probably better than we are at shooting ourselves in the foot in the playoffs so I'm doubtful it's going to be them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts