Who would you rather play in the Wild Card Round?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using the playoff machine, I figured out(I think) the possible scenarios for us. This all of course depends on the Packers winning today.

Scenario #1- CAR win + SF win + NO win= Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #2- CAR loss + SF loss + NO loss= Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #3- CAR win +SF loss + NO win= Packers vs Saints
Scenario #4- CAR loss + SF loss + NO win= Packers vs Panthers
Scenario #5- CAR loss + SF win + NO win=Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #6- CAR loss + SF win + NO loss= Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #7- CAR win + SF win + NO loss= Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #8- CAR win + SF loss + NO loss= Packers vs 49ers

So, looking at these matchups, which one do you most prefer? I think I might lean to facing the Saints. But of course, it appears we will face the 49ers(once again, should we win this evening) which I feel is a terrible matchup as usual.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get so darn confused and overwhelmed by all the playoff possibilities that I just wait and see what happens.
Let's just take it one game at a time and wait and see if we get in or who we play and then discuss it.
Other than that, I don't care who we play just as long as we beat the Bears.
And when we beat the Bears and if we lose one and done, I will still be satisfied because we beat the §*#µƒ´∂ßåΩ!ng Bears.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think this post season is OURS for the taking! Seattle is not unbeatable at home, and frankly if NO or SF come to Lambeau in a frigid January I don't think any one of them will survive. NO is TERRIBLE outside of a dome and SF will come in cocky and over confident. Had the "Fail Mary" not happened the Packers would have had a first round bye and SF never would have made the Super Bowl.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people are way over confident. Going into Chicago and winning is never assured. The bears could be 2-13 and the packer fan would be leery.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`d prefer the 49ers. The cold weather gives us a slight advantage. JMO

D

Deleted member 6794

First of all you forgot about some scenarios, as it's still possible we would have to play the Seahawks if we win vs. the Bears tonight (which is still a big if IMO).

To me it's obvious I would prefer playing the Saints. They're a bad road team and taking a look at the other three teams, especially their defenses, I don't see the Packers being able to win against any of them.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all you forgot about some scenarios, as it's still possible we would have to play the Seahawks if we win vs. the Bears tonight (which is still a big if IMO).

To me it's obvious I would prefer playing the Saints. They're a bad road team and taking a look at the other three teams, especially their defenses, I don't see the Packers being able to win against any of them.
more like captain debbie downer

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints have never won a road playoff game.
Brees' Saints are 3-5 on the road this season.

For those of you say the 49ers can't handle our cold. Come on now.
The cold makes the running game, the trenches, physicality more important than ever, than in a warm dome.
Their OL and DL manhandle ours. They're bigger, better, healthier, more physical.

Saints, then @Panthers, @Seahawks is our preferred path.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Jim Mora Sr would say: Playoffs...playoffs?....are you kiddin me, playoffs?...

The most likely scenario is SF (with a win on the road in CHI). Why would Kaepernick NOT absolutely SHRED this Defense in crunch time? He has done it before. He will do it again, if it comes to that.

I have ZERO faith in the defense. I am sorry, but that is what this unit is on D: Sorry.

If the Defense magically transforms into world beaters, I would be flabbergasted due to what we have seen all year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Bring me the 9ers. Make the rivalry interesting, no matter who wins. Nobody I'd rather beat in round 1 than the 9ers. Think I might prefer losing to Brees if we have to.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using the playoff machine, I figured out(I think) the possible scenarios for us. This all of course depends on the Packers winning today.

Scenario #1- CAR win + SF win + NO win= Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #2- CAR loss + SF loss + NO loss= Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #3- CAR win +SF loss + NO win= Packers vs Saints
Scenario #4- CAR loss + SF loss + NO win= Packers vs Panthers
Scenario #5- CAR loss + SF win + NO win=Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #6- CAR loss + SF win + NO loss= Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #7- CAR win + SF win + NO loss= Packers vs 49ers
Scenario #8- CAR win + SF loss + NO loss= Packers vs 49ers

So, looking at these matchups, which one do you most prefer? I think I might lean to facing the Saints. But of course, it appears we will face the 49ers(once again, should we win this evening) which I feel is a terrible matchup as usual.
There is this one too
Scenario #9- SF win + SEA loss = #5 Seahawks @ #4 Packers
I very much want to play a very beatable 9ers team though.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easily the Whiners, and THEN the Seahawks. UGH I loathe both of those teams equally. I am also sick of the hype of Nick Foles and how amazing the Eagles are supposed to be as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts