1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Who will be the most improved player next season?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Cullen Jenkins can be as effective as Cory Williams rushing from the inside, we're going to win a lot of games in '08. Our D was #6 last year and it was a very young D. I think most positions will naturally improve, and this one is an important one.

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Here is why I don't think Jenkins will be as effective inside as Williams, Cory learned how to use his leverage and length inside in pass rushing situations, Jenkins is more compact. Williams struggled when olineman got inside and got their hands on his body.. turning that leverage against him at times. My opinion is that Jenkins is a good run stuffing dlineman whom will only be average to above average in the pass rush.

My personal opinion is Williams is going to explode in the 3-4 scheme because he will be able to play a little more outside and utilize that length and slashing ability. I truly think he his better suited for the 3-4 vs the 4-3.

Now back to point on Jenkins, wether he was effected by the nagging injuries or not, he needs to play with the sudden burst off the snap that he had last preseason. But tackles are going to catch up with the burst, he needs to work on a couple of pass rushing techniques to throw into the mix. IMO.

3. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say either Rouse or B-Jack

4. Cal2GreenBay

Cal2GreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Aaron Rodgers.

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a fun thread. There are so many possible answers. Here's a different one: Korey Hall, the fullback. He spent his rookie year learning the position, and got better toward the end of the season. I look for him to continue to improve his blocking and also to become more involved in the passing game. He could be a good weapon for Aaron Rodgers a few times per game, like William Henderson used to do.

6. packer0808

packer0808 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    G ALLEN BARBRE #78
    will become the starting LG

7. CarltonFan

CarltonFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    B. Jackson

8. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I also think Korey Hall with a good rookie year under his belt will pick it up a notch.