Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers literally targeted nobody except Adams all game long. Nobody except Daffny got more than one target except Daffny (who got 2). Arrogant Rodgers basically said… it’s me and Adams… we saw the result (as we have before). Rodgers faced a challenging situation and instead of stepping up he withdrew into his shell and choked. I predicted this at the beginning of the season. His antics this spring UNDERSCORED his inability to lead this team and Saturday those chickens came home to roost. Green Bay needs to move on and to be honest that would be best for Arrogant Rodgers as well.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams cannot be traded he is a FA.
Adams will be a free agent in March. He is still a Packer until then and could be traded. Will it happen? Very unlikely given that he will be a free agent. ery soon. if the Broncos think they can sign him in a matter of weeks, its not impossible that a trade could happen but I wouldn't bet on it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams will be a free agent in March. He is still a Packer until then and could be traded. Will it happen? Very unlikely given that he will be a free agent. ery soon. if the Broncos think they can sign him in a matter of weeks, its not impossible that a trade could happen but I wouldn't bet on it.
I'm rather confident the trade deadline has passed and this is impossible.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm rather confident the trade deadline has passed and this is impossible.
Not to mention that there would be no incentive for a team to negotiate with Green Bay when they can just do that with Adams himself at the appropriate time. Outside of the franchise tag, the Packers have 0 leverage where Adams is concerned. I find it very unlikely that the Packers would tag him… just in case they might be able to trade him. They would have something like 8 days to make that trade before they were suddenly stuck with having to clear that immense cap number that the tag would enforce for 2022.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow the delusion that people still think Rodgers will ever wear a Packers jersey again. 70%??

At BEST there is a 5% chance he returns next season. He himself said he won't be returning if the team will rebuild. Kind of have to get rid of $50 million somehow..

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Demovsky is reporting that Lefleur claims that all of the Packers brass unanimously want Rodgers back next year. Who knows what Rodgers wants… or even if that is the full truth but…

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Demovsky is reporting that Lefleur claims that all of the Packers brass unanimously want Rodgers back next year. Who knows what Rodgers wants… or even if that is the full truth but…
I don’t think this is going to be a we want to move on, but a “Rodgers this is the cap and what possible moves can help us meet it….would you still want to be here for that?”

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think this is going to be a we want to move on, but a “Rodgers this is the cap and what possible moves can help us meet it….would you still want to be here for that?”
That’s certainly possible…. but it is still possible that they decide to kick the can down the road …. restructure a bunch of contracts starting with Rodgers’ and gamble on the increased cap that is supposed to happen a couple years from now. Everyone is very disappointed after Saturday night… but as the hangover clears …. it’s possible they all decideto give it another shot. As good as the defense looked the other night their is some room for optimism that without all the injuries they could have a formidable defense. I am very aware of the cap situation… but there are ways to keep the team together if they want to… It’s hard to believe they will but …. who knows.

Phazael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I might agree with AR's personal politics, he burned himself with some of his statements. And frankly I do not care for politics in my football, whether I agree with it or not. He ginned up that drama and in the modern cancel culture he might have just made himself too toxic for the political correct NFL Teams to consider him, with two exceptions. The Raiders and Steelers will take literally anyone, but their O-Lines are atrocious and both teams are about to undergo a rebuild so he would not want to go there. My guess is he holds his nose and plays out his deal and Adams signs a one year deal to finish out with him here. Or he retires and Adams ends up somewhere else in the division, aka the Greg Jennings Butthurt Maneuver.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a scenario where Cleveland is a possibility but tough for them without much ammo to negotiate or cap room.
Philadelphia has three #1s this next draft. Immediate rebuild with a stud iLB, WR, Edge, QB.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kellerman and the rest of the talking heads are practically having ******* on TV screaming that Hackett being Denver's new head coach means Rogers is going to Denver and probably Adams with him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kellerman and the rest of the talking heads are practically having ******* on TV screaming that Hackett being Denver's new head coach means Rogers is going to Denver and probably Adams with him.

I mean duh, that is a normal thought with valid reasoning IF he is traded. Denver already has the best draft equity for the trade, they do have sufficient cap to add Adams as well. Now you are adding a familiar OC to the HC role, who may take with him Getsy or Stenavich or another familiar coaching face to Rodgers.

IF a trade happens, this merely adds more of the likelihood Rodgers would have Denver on his list of destinations he would like.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It means something when it means something. At this point all it might mean is Denver really wants Rodgers like maybe they did last year and couldn't get a deal done, so now they're going to try and make it more appealing for Rodgers to ask to be traded there buy building a staff he's familiar with.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think Denver was impressed with Hackett. Not sure why they wouldn't be. But I think one would be nuts to think that the potential prospect of nailing down the case to get Rodgers to Denver had nothing at all to do with it.

Because it could be a scenario where Rodgers plays out his last year in Green Bay with a gutted roster and he just signs with Denver next offseason anyway. I'm not sure the Packers would be willing to take that sort of hard line approach with Rodgers, but if they are completely against moving him, and he's completely against restructuring/extending with the Packers, it's more than on the table, IMO.

However, I highly doubt the Packers would be willing to lose him for nothing.

So in all actuality, he's basically a free agent until further notice.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Denver was impressed with Hackett. Not sure why they wouldn't be. But I think one would be nuts to think that the potential prospect of nailing down the case to get Rodgers to Denver had nothing at all to do with it.

Because it could be a scenario where Rodgers plays out his last year in Green Bay with a gutted roster and he just signs with Denver next offseason anyway. I'm not sure the Packers would be willing to take that sort of hard line approach with Rodgers, but if they are completely against moving him, and he's completely against restructuring/extending with the Packers, it's more than on the table, IMO.
oh, I believe Denver is trying to make it appealing to Rodgers to ask for a trade there, no doubt.

I don't see GB playing hardball and Rodgers saying he's playing and we gut the roster and Rodgers stays. I do think 100%, if Rodgers commits to another season here, it's going to be a 4-5 year extension with a reality of 2-3 years of him playing and they're going to push money down that road and while we might be missing some guys like ZSmith and Turner, the young guys are going to be extended and pushed out and guys like Amos that are vital in the 2 years plan will get pushed out and the FO will do everything they can to keep important vets around and maybe even sign a guy or 2 pushing that hurt out down the road.

The only way our roster is gutted I see is if Rodgers retires or they come to a mutual trade agreement and in the trade scenario I don't see a major gutting.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philadelphia can offer three firsts this year alone.

Hell no. Make him exalted grand poobah if that keeps him here.

Eagles have at least on the service expressed commitment to Hurts, especially with the success they found late with him. That said they are in a similar situation to Dolphins and Tua...but unlike the Dolphins that have almost $70M in cap space the Eagles are around $17M in space...Adams would be much tougher for them to add as well. Doesn't make them out of the running, but I few them definitely outside the top 3 IMO which are Denver/Dolphins/Steelers....then I have likes of Colts/Eagles and a few other maybes.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Steelers as being all that viable. Not sure what they have for draft picks, but as a playoff team i'm not guessing they have any high picks to give. I don't see them giving offensive players because they don't have that many to give without hurting the firepower available to a new QB. Their defense is their strength, kind of defeats the purpose to trade players from there.

And on top of it, their offensive line is bad, they need help. Trade draft picks and use up all that cap space how do you make it better?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean duh, that is a normal thought with valid reasoning IF he is traded. Denver already has the best draft equity for the trade, they do have sufficient cap to add Adams as well. Now you are adding a familiar OC to the HC role, who may take with him Getsy or Stenavich or another familiar coaching face to Rodgers.

IF a trade happens, this merely adds more of the likelihood Rodgers would have Denver on his list of destinations he would like.
i’m not saying I actually think this…. but what if the Rodgers naysayers in here are correct… and the Packers are tired of dealing with Rodgers and Hackett is sick of trying to get him to stick with the offensive gameplan. Maybe this actually keeps him out of Denver lol.

Members online

Latest posts