Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply will never agree that the blame can be placed on special teams and special teams alone when one sole play was arguably positive from the offense after the first drive. One. That is more Jets and Jags level football than a freaking 13 win number one seed football team. You force me to place % of blame amongst the three phases and it goes like this at BEST case for the offense they deserve 45% loss, 54.5% STs and .5% defense (cuz no phase is unblemished in defeat).
For certain the offense bears some blame. we gave up pressure all night long and on obvious passing downs we couldn't protect at all. The Oline and Lazard had some bad and ill timed penalties that made convertible down and distances into unlikely ones against one of the best playing defenses in the league in those conditions. Toss in a couple drops (Deguara midfield) etc and they didn't do as much as they should have.

But if not for our special teams allowing something that might happen to a team with poor special teams over the course of a season, but doing them both in 1 game, we would have won one heck of an old fashioned cold weather defensive smash mouth football game.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been brought up before, but it's remarkable how "eerily similar" their career trajectories have gone, yet they are entirely different "people" and players.

Aaron - California guy, single and not on good terms with his family, cocky and less like able, does NOT throw interceptions
Brett - Southern, married and family oriented, probably more like able, threw a LOT, A LOT of interceptions (I still remember that 6 interception game vs STL in the playoffs...terrible)

Yet, at the end of the day they are BOTH 3x MVPs, with 1 Super Bowl win with the Packers, early success in the playoffs and total chokers in the playoffs later in the career.

Both VERY Predictable in the Playoffs:
Ultimately with Brett, you KNEW he was going to throw that stupid Interception to end the Playoff Run. And he did with the Giants Interception... and again with the Vikings against the Saints (lol).
Ultimately with Aaron, you KNEW he was going to go "3 and out" after that critical Defensive Stop or Forced Turnover and not get the Points for us, like we NEEDED him to. Same like last year after the J'aire interceptions, 2014 after the Burnett interception, and this year after the Turnover On Downs....

Nothing but love for what they did in the Regular Season and for 30 years combined, and they will both be at LEAST Top 20 Quarterbacks of All Time.

Thanks Aaron, but I'm ready for the next era.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're comparison continues into the future, Rodgers will go to another team and choke againin the playoffs. You are right that they are both choke artists but used different methods.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did Favre and Rodgers both turn out to be such pitiful chokers? I think it has to do that both players turned out to be spoiled brat prima donas later in their careers. Success went to their heads which resulted, in my opinion, from the FO and coaches being too soft on them. Favre was great under Holmgren's thumb. Once Holmgren left, his playoff performance stunk. Has anybody effectively "coached" Rodgers. Instead of a kick in the a**, he's been pampered. That didn't turn out too well.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're comparison continues into the future, Rodgers will go to another team and choke againin the playoffs. You are right that they are both choke artists but used different methods.

I mean ultimately same trajectory but different "people" and "player profiles"....

I mean I hope he goes to say the Chargers/Broncos (some AFC team) and wins one...

But what will most likely happen is, they will go to the Conference Championship Game, it will be close and the D will make a big stop needing points to put "the dagger in" to WIN the game.

And Aaron will go 3 and out. lol.

This is just "who" Aaron Rodgers is. I don't believe he will change all that much at 38/39 years old and 15 years in the NFL.

He could...and I hope he does, but he most likely will not.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did Favre and Rodgers both turn out to be such pitiful chokers? I think it has to do that both players turned out to be spoiled brat prima donas later in their careers. Success went to their heads which resulted, in my opinion, from the FO and coaches being too soft on them. Favre was great under Holmgren's thumb. Once Holmgren left, his playoff performance stunk. Has anybody effectively "coached" Rodgers. Instead of a kick in the a**, he's been pampered. That didn't turn out too well.

I don't really care about the "why" and it doesn't really matter. Brett and Aaron are two ENTIRELY different "people" and "player profiles" too so I don't think you can really say there is a reason in the Packers FO or organization as a whole.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I don't expect Rodgers to desire to be part of what it would take to keep him here and no doubt Adams ("I don't want to be part of a rebuild") - I think Denver makes the most sense but also let's consider what Gute could potentially do folks with draft pick equity.

In a draft that is arguably not going to see a QB targeted with the first 5-7 picks...Denver's #9 pick could be a massive chance for arguably the best or second best QB if one goes before that spot. You give Gute a ton of picks including the #9 pick, watch him spin that even into more and I could see a 2022 draft scenario where Jordan Love and the Packers watch Gute add as many as five or six players before pick 76 is even on the clock.

I go this route with my mind not because I want Rodgers to leave, but solely because I truly think this is where we are heading.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought P. Smith's big cap hit came in 23?

We can afford Campbell if we aren't paying some of the aforementioned players. ILB's with one good year won't command that much over 10M. I'd build around him and Clark and Alexander. Gary contract comes up next year (23). By then Jones and P. Smith and Amos might be leaving. Cap should jump significantly in 23.
caps going to be 127 billion in 2023 so we can sign anyone we want just make sure we backload the contract.
Ok we get rid of the ST coach, who out there can tell me Who his replacement would be
nobody knows who potential ST coaches are. We just wait till they pick one then we either complain or praise depending on the outcome.
Agree with this. Losing Dillon was a HUGE loss. Also not having MVS on the field was huge, they needed someone to stretch the field. I keep wondering what would have happened had the Packers gotten a burner wide receiver with the money that went to Cobb who, by the way, had 1 target for zero receptions in the loss.
IMO losing Dillon was the underrated turning point. I love Jones but in that weather you need a guy like Dillon who can pound for 4+ yards a carry (yeah I know he only had 3.6 but if he had had another 5 carries I bet it would have been up over 4) . I don't know that the line could have kept the defense off Rodgers long enough for MVS to get deep. They needed to go to a short game and he still didn't have time.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I love these stills that people use to show how certain players are wide open. most of the shots we see the players positions long after the ball has been thrown. Its pretty hard to throw to a wide open guy (who may not have been that wide open) when the ball is already out of the QBs hand. You would really have to be a Rodgers hater to think he still would have thrown that pass to Adams if he had known Lazard would be open. He even admitted, after he saw the replay, he should have waited but when you just spent the last 3 hours getting buried in the dirt can you blame a guy for jumping the gun a little. And, to play devils advocate had he made that throw everyone would be praising him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A trade to Denver makes sense for AR. Not sure Denver will trade for Adams only to see him be a free agent if they can't sign him in the next two months. For AR, I think they could get Noah Fant a first and second round pick. The benefit of trading Rodgers soon is if you get 2022 picks, you know where those picks will be in the draft order. Get're done Gute!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always liked Lock. He comes off as more of a young Brett Favre or maybe even Josh Allen (if you want to compare to recent).

I would be curious to see what MLF could do to "coach/teach him up".

I'm not convinced on Love, I still do not like his release, but we can see what we have with him in 2022 I suppose.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A trade to Denver makes sense for AR. Not sure Denver will trade for Adams only to see him be a free agent if they can't sign him in the next two months. For AR, I think they could get Noah Fant a first and second round pick. The benefit of trading Rodgers soon is if you get 2022 picks, you know where those picks will be in the draft order. Get're done Gute!

Adams cannot be traded he is a FA.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Favre could never beat the Cowboys in the playoffs (at least not with GB). Rodgers can never beat the 9ers.

Favre's thing was game ending INTs. Rodgers' thing is ending games with repeated incompletions to Davante in double coverage.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Go to the 10 yard line.. then 20 then 30 with only 4 plays to score each time until one side scores and other fails. Only 2pt conversions too.
No. Toss the coin and give each team a chance. Why try to get cute and change the way teh game is played?
Okay this thread is just ludacris. Why even make it, why?
to give you something else to do? :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
caps going to be 127 billion in 2023 so we can sign anyone we want just make sure we backload the contract.

nobody knows who potential ST coaches are. We just wait till they pick one then we either complain or praise depending on the outcome.

IMO losing Dillon was the underrated turning point. I love Jones but in that weather you need a guy like Dillon who can pound for 4+ yards a carry (yeah I know he only had 3.6 but if he had had another 5 carries I bet it would have been up over 4) . I don't know that the line could have kept the defense off Rodgers long enough for MVS to get deep. They needed to go to a short game and he still didn't have time.

I love these stills that people use to show how certain players are wide open. most of the shots we see the players positions long after the ball has been thrown. Its pretty hard to throw to a wide open guy (who may not have been that wide open) when the ball is already out of the QBs hand. You would really have to be a Rodgers hater to think he still would have thrown that pass to Adams if he had known Lazard would be open. He even admitted, after he saw the replay, he should have waited but when you just spent the last 3 hours getting buried in the dirt can you blame a guy for jumping the gun a little. And, to play devils advocate had he made that throw everyone would be praising him.
I posted split screen video of same thing

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I don't expect Rodgers to desire to be part of what it would take to keep him here and no doubt Adams ("I don't want to be part of a rebuild") - I think Denver makes the most sense but also let's consider what Gute could potentially do folks with draft pick equity.

In a draft that is arguably not going to see a QB targeted with the first 5-7 picks...Denver's #9 pick could be a massive chance for arguably the best or second best QB if one goes before that spot. You give Gute a ton of picks including the #9 pick, watch him spin that even into more and I could see a 2022 draft scenario where Jordan Love and the Packers watch Gute add as many as five or six players before pick 76 is even on the clock.

I go this route with my mind not because I want Rodgers to leave, but solely because I truly think this is where we are heading.
For reference, let's say Broncos give us their 2022 first (9th) and 2nd (63rd) plus 2023 first rounder and most likely something else player or pick wise...BUT then say Gute trades back that 9th pick for some more equity to build and hopefully quickly reload around Love: Trades 9th back to someone in this scenario Saints but could be anyone and hauls back a massive draft class:

Charles Cross OT 18th pick - 3rd ranked OT for me
Drake London WR 28th pick
Lewis Cine S 49th pick
Drake Jackson EDGE 59th
Damone Clark LB 63rd
Travis Jones iDL 75th

Cade Otton TE 92nd
Coby Bryant CB 128th
Brian Asamoah hybrid LB 137th
Pierre Strong RB 169th
Charleston Rambo 214th
Michael Clemons EDGE/DE 224th
Nick Ford iOL 245th
De'Jahn Warren CB 255th

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For certain the offense bears some blame. we gave up pressure all night long and on obvious passing downs we couldn't protect at all. The Oline and Lazard had some bad and ill timed penalties that made convertible down and distances into unlikely ones against one of the best playing defenses in the league in those conditions. Toss in a couple drops (Deguara midfield) etc and they didn't do as much as they should have.

But if not for our special teams allowing something that might happen to a team with poor special teams over the course of a season, but doing them both in 1 game, we would have won one heck of an old fashioned cold weather defensive smash mouth football game.
One thing you are forgetting Mondio. The play of the opposing defense is irrelevant in discussing the poor play of our offense and especially our QB.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can put the franchise tag on him, then they can trade him.
Until a tag is placed it is impossible to trade him. It is also very unlikely a tag and trade is done, as it is rarely done - but yes, possible yes.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe unpopular - just spitballing - what about a trade with the raiders involving Carr? We know Davante wants to play with him, and he’s certainly better than Love… I don’t know exactly what the package would need to be but we could probably do worse!

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure GB would take that deal in a heartbeat but I have no idea why Buffalo would ever consider doing so.

Members online

Latest posts