Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Mediocre"...he was certainly mediocre against the 49ers but he was absolutely elite against the Bucs last season, which fans tend to forget because it ruins the fun yet lazy narrative. In what universe does throwing for 340+ yards, 3TDs, and 1 INT against one of the top-3 defenses in the NFL constitute "mediocre"?!

Methinks you should go back and review of some of those "mediocre" games you believe you saw.
Hey yeah nice stats. How many 3 and outs? How many FGs vs TDs in the red zone. Calling his performance in last years NFCCG mediocre is a gift. The ball was in his hand and he failed to do what it took MULTIPLE times. Nice stats tho!! If it was fantasy football he’s a gamer!!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey yeah nice stats. How many 3 and outs? How many FGs vs TDs in the red zone. Calling his performance in last years NFCCG mediocre is a gift. The ball was in his hand and he failed to do what it took MULTIPLE times. Nice stats tho!! If it was fantasy football he’s a gamer!!

100% He's a stats guy.

How many 3 and outs after those J'aire interceptions last year?...

He just can't do it in the postseason... Is that a Packers problem or AR problem?

We really can't objectively say for certain... The best is just to move on from him.

Scott H

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL needs to change its overtime rules. You can't have a game like that and not give both teams a chance to touch the ball. I've never liked how OT has been handled by the NFL.
Exactly. Go to the 10 yard line.. then 20 then 30 with only 4 plays to score each time until one side scores and other fails. Only 2pt conversions too.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, the rule used to be that a FG on the first possession of OT would end the game. When they changed the rule, I couldn't believe they still made it so that a TD on the first possession would end the game.
Yeah, it's a slight improvement, but not enough. Especially with offenses being so prolific today.

I went back and looked. Under the new rules, implemented in 2010, the team that wins the coin toss is 10-1 in playoff overtime games. I don't understand how anyone can think that's fair.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pointless thread. The Bills wouldnt trade a young and improving Allen for Rodgers. In fact we would be the ones adding picks. They get Rodgers for what 4 years and we get Allen for another 15?

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't say its as simple as smart teams would do that. Such action have ways of coming back and biting you in the *** if you push too much out. Desperate teams with a couple more years of a superstar player they want to take advantage of maybe but its not a viable way developing a stable team for the future. Going all in for 1 or 2 more years then yeah, go ahead but if you are think beyond that you might want to be more careful.

Now could be an exception since everyone is expecting a big jump in 2023 and beyond. Bigger than normal perhaps but still its wise to be cautious when spending future money when you really don't know how much you will have to spend.

Where are you getting your 250 and 300 million dollar cap figures by the way.

Here's some decent information about how the new TV deals will impact the salary cap.

It's all but guaranteed the cap will increase significantly over the next few seasons, allowing the Packers to push mone into future years if they want to.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he did ..... and no, I don't have a terrible memory. It was his 2nd year when he struggled.

Yes, but that is not my point. My point is this: even when he was struggling, we saw what he was capable of as a rookie. These are big plays in big games, including playoff games. His moves and abilities leapt off the screen and were apparent.

There is absolutely no comparison between his rookie year and some others who have shown little to no flashes.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I don't see him taking the needed restructure to keep things the way he would want them to be so I say retire or Denver.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how the Packers can afford to keep Rodgers without gutting the entire team. As he said he is not going to play for a team that is rebuilding....that will be the Packers regardless if he stays or goes. He's gone. If he decides to continue playing I beleive he will end up in Denver. I don't think he will want to retire after his dismal second half performance against thr 49ers Sunday. And yes the Unspecial Teams did lose the game.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how the Packers can afford to keep Rodgers without gutting the entire team. As he said he is not going to play for a team that is rebuilding....that will be the Packers regardless if he stays or goes. He's gone. If he decides to continue playing I beleive he will end up in Denver. I don't think he will want to retire after his dismal second half performance against thr 49ers Sunday. And yes the Unspecial Teams did lose the game.

Just what did Rodgers or the offense do that would have won the game? I honestly don't understand how anyone can place the blame for the loss on just the special teams when the offense literally did nothing truly outside the first drive and one play to Jones down the sideline.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just what did Rodgers or the offense do that would have won the game? I honestly don't understand how anyone can place the blame for the loss on just the special teams when the offense literally did nothing truly outside the first drive and one play to Jones down the sideline.
because sometimes games are like that. This was a classic defensive game. Yards and points don't just rack up because and just because they don't doesn't mean nobody is doing anything. Yards were tough and every one had to be earned. I happen to like games like that.

Not every game has wide open speedsters all over the field and defenders falling down for wide open touchdowns play after play, as if that's indicative of a good game anyway. Exciting yeah, but sometimes looks more like a free for all than a football game.

Our offense didn't do much, and there were reasons, but they also didn't do anything to lose the game other than Mercedes running with the ball hanging out like he does everytime he gets one and this time he lost it. People who think they should have just done more because good players do missed a lot of that game.

and this loss absolutely lays right at the feet of the special teams

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because sometimes games are like that. This was a classic defensive game. Yards and points don't just rack up because and just because they don't doesn't mean nobody is doing anything. Yards were tough and every one had to be earned. I happen to like games like that.

Not every game has wide open speedsters all over the field and defenders falling down for wide open touchdowns play after play, as if that's indicative of a good game anyway. Exciting yeah, but sometimes looks more like a free for all than a football game.

Our offense didn't do much, and there were reasons, but they also didn't do anything to lose the game other than Mercedes running with the ball hanging out like he does everytime he gets one and this time he lost it. People who think they should have just done more because good players do missed a lot of that game.

and this loss absolutely lays right at the feet of the special teams

Simply will never agree that the blame can be placed on special teams and special teams alone when one sole play was arguably positive from the offense after the first drive. One. That is more Jets and Jags level football than a freaking 13 win number one seed football team. You force me to place % of blame amongst the three phases and it goes like this at BEST case for the offense they deserve 45% loss, 54.5% STs and .5% defense (cuz no phase is unblemished in defeat).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Lock is involved in any deal with Denver is purely as salad dressing as a back up - Love is the starter in 2022 if Rodgers is traded, unless Gute does something unpredicatable and with the Bronco's #9 pick (in this scenario) he drafts a QB - which is doubtful.

If we are looking for a position player in return from Denver you're looking at their WRs, a TE or iDL.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously a not applicable overall discussion, but let's remember the dead cap issues, too.

Members online

Latest posts