Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is some of the best QB play I've ever seen. I feel bad that someone has to lose.

Didn't Jalen Ramsey say that Josh Allen was "trash?"

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No no no, our only chance to ever have a winning season again is to hope upon hope that Arrogant Rodgers graces us with his presence again

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite the loss, I'm impressed he's a player, makes CLUTCH plays... Maholmes was just a little better tonight

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing a game that you are up with 13 seconds and the D gives up 44 yards to allow the game tying FG and then losing in OT with a TD.

Yep.. Allen has Packer written all over him.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL needs to change its overtime rules. You can't have a game like that and not give both teams a chance to touch the ball. I've never liked how OT has been handled by the NFL.
I think it's fair though...

FG and Allen gets another shot

The D just couldn't stop them at the end. Stop the touchdown, force a FG and he gets another chance

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is some of the best QB play I've ever seen. I feel bad that someone has to lose.
Was anyone else watching this and thinking "There, Rodgers, that's how it's done"? I know conditions were hard and the defenses were more stout, but still. We drove down to get an opening touchdown and could only manage three points the rest of the game? Not acceptable.

The NFL needs to change its overtime rules. You can't have a game like that and not give both teams a chance to touch the ball. I've never liked how OT has been handled by the NFL.
I like the way college overtime currently works.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was anyone else watching this and thinking "There, Rodgers, that's how it's done"? I know conditions were hard and the defenses were more stout, but still. We drove down to get an opening touchdown and could only manage three points the rest of the game? Not acceptable.

100% I was thinking EXACTLY this. lol.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yup, I too wish the Packers could have played the Chiefs' bad defense but the 49ers couldn't pull off that trade prior to the game. Seriously though, Rodgers played like a mediocre QB against the 49ers but basing an analysis of QB play on a one game sample is the height of poor analysis.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's fair though...

FG and Allen gets another shot

The D just couldn't stop them at the end. Stop the touchdown, force a FG and he gets another chance
I don't think it's fair. Both teams should be able to touch the ball. The way the NFL has set it up now, it would be like if a visiting team hit a home run in the top of the 10th inning and the game was over. The home team gets no shot to bat as well. Yeah, the pitcher should have stopped the hitter from knocking it out of the park, but the fair thing to do is to let the home team get a chance to match. The same sort of rules should apply to the NFL. Yes, the Bills should have stopped the Chiefs, but if the coin toss goes the other way the Bills probably get a touchdown and win. A playoff game should not come down to a coin toss. I have to go back and look at the stats, but I believe in the last 14-15 overtime games in the playoffs the team that has won the toss is like 10-3 or something.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair. Both teams should be able to touch the ball. The way the NFL has set it up now, it would be like if a visiting team hit a home run in the top of the 10th inning and the game was over. The home team gets no shot to bat as well. Yeah, the pitcher should have stopped the hitter from knocking it out of the park, but the fair thing to do is to let the home team get a chance to match. The same sort of rules should apply to the NFL. Yes, the Bills should have stopped the Chiefs, but if the coin toss goes the other way the Bills probably get a touchdown and win. A playoff game should not come down to a coin toss. I have to go back and look at the stats, but I believe in the last 14-15 overtime games in the playoffs the team that has won the toss is like 10-3 or something.

For playoffs or Regular Season though?

I think for the playoffs you're proposed scenario makes sense...

For Regular Season, I think it's fine the way it is.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For playoffs or Regular Season though?

I think for the playoffs you're proposed scenario makes sense...

For Regular Season, I think it's fine the way it is.
I think it would be fine just for the playoffs. If you took it to the regular season you might get a crazy long game which is unnecessary given that the stakes are lower. But I'm sick of seeing it in the postseason. I felt the same way in 2018 when the Patriots won the toss in overtime and scored on the Chiefs. Mahomes played great and should have gotten a chance to touch the ball. Same thing in the Super Bowl with the Patriots and Falcons.

And fun fact: Tom Brady has played in three overtime playoff games in his career. All three times, his team has won the coin toss. And all three times, the game ended on the first drive of overtime.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Siri, what is the definition of "prisoner of the moment"?

Not really. I was/have defended AR, especially for his play this year with all the controvery, he had a helluva REGULAR SEASON.

But I have come to accept the REALITY, and that is that AR is a mediocre "playoff qb", he's probably the top "regular season QB" of his generation. But he is a very mediocre "playoff qb" who is NOT clutch at all.

If you take away the 2 Dallas games and the Cardinals hail mary's, he has been VERY VERY ABYSMAL/average since our SB win in the playoffs.

Allen has been a gamer though, I've seen some of his playoff games. He's clutch and I'm impressed.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be fine just for the playoffs. If you took it to the regular season you might get a crazy long game which is unnecessary given that the stakes are lower. But I'm sick of seeing it in the postseason. I felt the same way in 2018 when the Patriots won the toss in overtime and scored on the Chiefs. Mahomes played great and should have gotten a chance to touch the ball. Same thing in the Super Bowl with the Patriots and Falcons.

And fun fact: Tom Brady has played in three overtime playoff games in his career. All three times, his team has won the coin toss. And all three times, the game ended on the first drive of overtime.

Totally understandable

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Mediocre"...he was certainly mediocre against the 49ers but he was absolutely elite against the Bucs last season, which fans tend to forget because it ruins the fun yet lazy narrative. In what universe does throwing for 340+ yards, 3TDs, and 1 INT against one of the top-3 defenses in the NFL constitute "mediocre"?!

Methinks you should go back and review of some of those "mediocre" games you believe you saw.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Mediocre"...he was certainly mediocre against the 49ers but he was absolutely elite against the Bucs last season, which fans tend to forget because it ruins the fun yet lazy narrative. In what universe does throwing for 340+ yards, 3TDs, and 1 INT against one of the top-3 defenses in the NFL constitute "mediocre"?!

Methinks you should go back and review of some of those "mediocre" games you believe you saw.

We still lost the game... How many 3 and outs did we have in that game after J'aire got us an INT??

"Taking over a game" would be more like what Maholmes or Allen did tonight...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, people have terrible memories. Adams had MAJOR flashes as a rookie, watch:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Yes he did ..... and no, I don't have a terrible memory. It was his 2nd year when he struggled.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your definition of "mediocre" is any QB not being great on defense and/or special teams as well? Also, I guess, the QB has to ensure the defense he's playing is also bad. Enjoy a lifetime of endless disappointment when the team you're rooting for doesn't have a top-5 QB AND isn't playing a bottom-10 defense.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, the rule used to be that a FG on the first possession of OT would end the game. When they changed the rule, I couldn't believe they still made it so that a TD on the first possession would end the game.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think The Bills would even consider a trade for Rodgers when Josh Allen looks Hot AF right now...

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this weekend, 6 out of the 8 QBs were clutch enough to lead their team in the final minutes of the 4th quarter on a drive that either gave their team the lead or tied the game.

Aaron Rodgers was not one of those 6 QBs.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your definition of "mediocre" is any QB not being great on defense and/or special teams as well? Also, I guess, the QB has to ensure the defense he's playing is also bad. Enjoy a lifetime of endless disappointment when the team you're rooting for doesn't have a top-5 QB AND isn't playing a bottom-10 defense.
ok

Members online

Latest posts