Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It honestly looked different that the whole season. Take what the defense gives you many times he looked to be playing hero ball again. Next is we have two rbs that are awesome maybe a few more runs in there makes the down and distance different. Is that on MFL or AR. Throughout AR career I’ve found myself screaming at the TV to run the dam ball. Never seems to be a problem for TB12 to run the dam ball. Too much hero ball and not enough taking what they give you has always done AR in. IMO
There were multiple drives where we attempted to run the ball, with no Dillon, and weren't able to get ahead of the chains because MLF didn't want Taylor having the rock

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference between Brady and Rodgers in those moments are that BB has his team prepared to not *** up on special teams. They were the most disciplined football teams ever with BB. And we have disasters continually from other units on a yearly basis. This is literally one of the worst units in probably a decade
They need to be on the phone with Joe Judge. He was Patriots ST coordinator for 4 years before he went to the Giants. He might have been a lousy head coach, but that's not what they need. He could fix this ST mess.

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were multiple drives where we attempted to run the ball, with no Dillon, and weren't able to get ahead of the chains because MLF didn't want Taylor having the rock
6 minutes left in the game we just stopped them on 4th an 1. Jones for 2 yards then two passes incomplete to Adam’s with wide open receivers underneath then sack of course then the blocked punt. We are up 7 have them on the ropes run the ball on second and 8 for Christ sakes keep the clock going or take the easy throw two plays right there incomplete and a sack. At the least we run again on second and 8 to get something for an easier third down and distance. Jones was in the game idk both those plays had me scratching my head. Especially the throw to Adam’s on 2-8. It’s snowing it’s cold it’s Green Bay we are ahead in the game. Overall 34 passes and 20 runs. That’s not getting it done in the snow and cold in Green Bay. Run the ball folks it’s Green Bay it’s cold it’s playoffs AND we were ahead the whole game I don’t get it. 49ers did 28 runs to 23 passes and that’s playing from behind

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to be on the phone with Joe Judge. He was Patriots ST coordinator for 4 years before he went to the Giants. He might have been a lousy head coach, but that's not what they need. He could fix this ST mess.
I agree that we need someone not in that organization to have control of the ST. Let's be honest with ourselves.... ST was going to bite us in the *** at some point. We all knew it, we all knew there would be a couple plays in the game where we would be screaming at our TVs because of a ST gaffe.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 minutes left in the game we just stopped them on 4th an 1. Jones for 2 yards then two passes incomplete to Adam’s with wide open receivers underneath then sack of course then the blocked punt. We are up 7 have them on the ropes run the ball on second and 8 for Christ sakes keep the clock going or take the easy throw two plays right there incomplete and a sack. At the least we run again on second and 8 to get something for an easier third down and distance. Jones was in the game idk both those plays had me scratching my head. Especially the throw to Adam’s on 2-8. It’s snowing it’s cold it’s Green Bay we are ahead in the game. Overall 34 passes and 20 runs. That’s not getting it done in the snow and cold in Green Bay. Run the ball folks it’s Green Bay it’s cold it’s playoffs AND we were ahead the whole game I don’t get it
The throw to Adams on 2 and 8 (I believe) was the one where Norman came into the game and they attacked him right away. Was a great idea with throw being just a lil bit off, probably due to the cold. Neither QB was able to get real zip on the ball.

I'm sorry but I'm just not running it again with A Jones for another 2 yard pickup on 2nd down, if it was Dillon then yeah maybe he can give you those extra yards.

I also believe the Packers saw how great their defense has been playing and how the Niners were not scoring a TD, so they could gamble a lil on that drive to really put the game away.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
look at the box score Daffny got 2 targets… only WR/TE besides Adams with more than one target. Rodgers played stupid arrogant football and we lost. Anyone who can’t see that is not worth having the discussion with. Could other players/units also played better and led to a different outcome? Of course. That’s always the case. But this was your Mr MVP face of the franchise smartest smuggest guy in the room playing stupid football and (literally) throwing away a(nother) season. Hopefully another team or two thinks he can bounce back from this or he can quit like he pouted about last spring. I hope we can get something for him.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We aren't gonna win with Love. When we trade AR I hope you all are ready for the return to the 70s and 80s.
This isn't the 70s or 80s. It was much more difficult to rebuild in those days. Besides, are you expecting Rodgers to play forever or something?

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
look at the box score Daffny got 2 targets… only WR/TE besides Adams with more than one target. Rodgers played stupid arrogant football and we lost. Anyone who can’t see that is not worth having the discussion with. Could other players/units also played better and led to a different outcome? Of course. That’s always the case. But this was your Mr MVP face of the franchise smartest smuggest guy in the room playing stupid football and (literally) throwing away a(nother) season. Hopefully another team or two thinks he can bounce back from this or he can quit like he pouted about last spring. I hope we can get something for him.
It boggles my mind how fans just gloss over the ST unit. THAT'S INEXCUSABLE FOOTBALL from that unit. There is not excuse for Drayton, and people just seem to brush over that like "yeah they were bad... but Rodgers!!"

No!! You're giving that all time historically bad unit an out and why?! They've been terrible all year, they literally cost 16 points in the game. Every single "swing" play that was the deciding factor the game was ALLOWED BY THE GB SPECIAL TEAMS

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The throw to Adams on 2 and 8 (I believe) was the one where Norman came into the game and they attacked him right away. Was a great idea with throw being just a lil bit off, probably due to the cold. Neither QB was able to get real zip on the ball.

I'm sorry but I'm just not running it again with A Jones for another 2 yard pickup on 2nd down, if it was Dillon then yeah maybe he can give you those extra yards.

I also believe the Packers saw how great their defense has been playing and how the Niners were not scoring a TD, so they could gamble a lil on that drive to really put the game away.
You said probably the cold hampered the pass. I get the logic I just feel like Jones had been diving forward all game it’s cold it’s snowing and we needed to keep the clock going on second and 8 with a lead at the point in the game. The D kept us in it the special teams let us down and the offense play calling or AR changing the play was questionable. I don’t think we move on from AR if at all possible but I think we try to do too much on offense with AR and the game last night showed us keeping it simple and keeping us ahead of the sticks COULD of helped us win that game. No need to play hero ball with a lead at home in the cold IMO. It’s ok though whatever happens I’ll always love AR this specific team had the chance best packer def since 2010 and maybe even better. The **** for the homerun over the single did us in again

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said probably the cold hampered the pass. I get the logic I just feel like Jones had been diving forward all game it’s cold it’s snowing and we needed to keep the clock going on second and 8 with a lead at the point in the game. The D kept us in it the special teams let us down and the offense play calling or AR changing the play was questionable. I don’t think we move on from AR if at all possible but I think we try to do too much on offense with AR and the game last night showed us keeping it simple and keeping us ahead of the sticks COULD of helped us win that game. No need to play hero ball with a lead at home in the cold IMO. It’s ok though whatever happens I’ll always love AR this specific team had the chance best packer def since 2010 and maybe even better. The **** for the homerun over the single did us in again
This is true.. Idk it's a tough position as a playcaller for MLF cause Dillon being out REALLY hurt the offense. With Taylor on the field they weren't looking to run at all and even called timeout once to get him back on the field. I think with Dillon out there it would have been a lil different gameplan in the 2nd half on offense.

I didn't have a problem with any Rodgers play except one, I actually thought he did pretty well in a defensive slugfest.. No one was getting open on the outside, but that 3rd down heave to Adams where Lazard was open was one he wants back to doubt. Really that was a busted coverage tho.. Think it was a safety/Linebacker, he's supposed to carry with Lazard across the middle and I think Rodgers looked him off thinking he was still going to do that when he didn't.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It boggles my mind how fans just gloss over the ST unit. THAT'S INEXCUSABLE FOOTBALL from that unit. There is not excuse for Drayton, and people just seem to brush over that like "yeah they were bad... but Rodgers!!"

No!! You're giving that all time historically bad unit an out and why?! They've been terrible all year, they literally cost 16 points in the game. Every single "swing" play that was the deciding factor the game was ALLOWED BY THE GB SPECIAL TEAMS
Exactly, ST was terrible all year. Was last night's performance surprising to you? Most of us expected ST to be bad in the game, and they were. They lived up to our very low expectations. What we did NOT expect is for the "GOAT" Rodgers to only put up 10 points. He failed to live up to our expectations.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, ST was terrible all year. Was last night's performance surprising to you? Most of us expected ST to be bad in the game, and they were. They lived up to our very low expectations. What we did NOT expect is for the "GOAT" Rodgers to only put up 10 points. He failed to live up to our expectations.
If you expected the ST to be all time historically bad then you shouldn't be surprised at all by the result. I expected competence by professionals. If you don't then the blame falls on MLF and Gute for allowing the incompetence.

How many points did the Packers offense put the team in position to score?
How many points did the Packers defense allow?

WAS THAT ENOUGH TO WIN THE GAME?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought P. Smith's big cap hit came in 23?

We can afford Campbell if we aren't paying some of the aforementioned players. ILB's with one good year won't command that much over 10M. I'd build around him and Clark and Alexander. Gary contract comes up next year (23). By then Jones and P. Smith and Amos might be leaving. Cap should jump significantly in 23.
P Smith is UFA in '23

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of indifferent. Frankly I think that the real source of the drama this past offseason was his Covid vaccination status and the brain worms he has picked up from too much Joe Rogan so I think he might be up for a return.

If Rodgers stays, though, I wouldn't kowtow to his silly demands or his silly contract expectations. You don't want to be part of a rebuild? Take less money so that the team can keep other players. Cobb? 1 target, zero receptions yesterday. You are no GM, Aaron Rodgers.

And he is not the type of player that makes everyone around him better. Hard to justify knee capping the rest of the roster for the next 5 years for another year or two of this.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't the 70s or 80s. It was much more difficult to rebuild in those days. Besides, are you expecting Rodgers to play forever or something?
No I'm not expecting AR to play forever or return in 2022. I remember the 70s and 80s. Perhaps I'm just paranoid.

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is true.. Idk it's a tough position as a playcaller for MLF cause Dillon being out REALLY hurt the offense. With Taylor on the field they weren't looking to run at all and even called timeout once to get him back on the field. I think with Dillon out there it would have been a lil different gameplan in the 2nd half on offense.

I didn't have a problem with any Rodgers play except one, I actually thought he did pretty well in a defensive slugfest.. No one was getting open on the outside, but that 3rd down heave to Adams where Lazard was open was one he wants back to doubt. Really that was a busted coverage tho.. Think it was a safety/Linebacker, he's supposed to carry with Lazard across the middle and I think Rodgers looked him off thinking he was still going to do that when he didn't.
Agree with this. Losing Dillon was a HUGE loss. Also not having MVS on the field was huge, they needed someone to stretch the field. I keep wondering what would have happened had the Packers gotten a burner wide receiver with the money that went to Cobb who, by the way, had 1 target for zero receptions in the loss.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I'm not expecting AR to play forever or return in 2022. I remember the 70s and 80s. Perhaps I'm just paranoid.
Free agency & salary cap have reduced the chances of decades of hell (unless Matt Mullen is your GM).

Maybe with a quarterback that plays within the offense, doesn't check out of run plays, and uses all of his receivers the offense may not drop off too much?

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still don't understand what they did with the offensive line yesterday. Why not Nijman??? Why mess with the chemistry? Hard to understand.

It was so obvious on 3rd and long plays that they couldn't get a pass off before the pass rush got to Rodgers.

What a depressing mess of a way to end the season, bookends well with the way they opened.

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still don't understand what they did with the offensive line yesterday. Why not Nijman??? Why mess with the chemistry? Hard to understand.

It was so obvious on 3rd and long plays that they couldn't get a pass off before the pass rush got to Rodgers.

What a depressing mess of a way to end the season, bookends well with the way they opened.
I agree Yosh at LT turner at RT or Kelly stays at RT put turner at LG. Turner at LT didn’t work last year not sure the thinking behind this

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free agency & salary cap have reduced the chances of decades of hell (unless Matt Mullen is your GM).

Maybe with a quarterback that plays within the offense, doesn't check out of run plays, and uses all of his receivers the offense may not drop off too much?
Hadn't thought about it in that light. I'm usually inclined to think they reduce the chances of getting a team together, since a team could hang on to their good players forever and just try and plug the holes.

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And for those not watching, Brady leads them back from 27-3 to tie the game. Brady leads his teams to play better, Aaron Rodgers is just a talented QB.

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hadn't thought about it in that light. I'm usually inclined to think they reduce the chances of getting a team together, since a team could hang on to their good players forever and just try and plug the holes.
Clearly is a different era than back then. The other advantage is seeing what you got with Love when he is cheaper. Going to need a new QB within a few years no matter what, why not get a return for him if you can is my thinking.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And for those not watching, Brady leads them back from 27-3 to tie the game. Brady leads his teams to play better, Aaron Rodgers is just a talented QB.
No mention of him getting down that much to begin with.

It took the Rams gagging the ball away twice to even give him a shot at another two TD's. At the end of the day.....loss.

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No mention of him getting down that much to begin with.

It took the Rams gagging the ball away twice to even give him a shot at another two TD's. At the end of the day.....loss.
Brady, and yes I hate him, will go down as the GOAT. Rodgers will go down in the books as having amazing stats.

Just saying.

Members online

Latest posts