Where are all the Davante Adams haters now ?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright...I see where some of this is directed. I'll be the first person to admit I was wrong about Adams but the pure truth is that he did have problems catching the ball early on, and that was very problematic at the time. He has blossomed into one of the league's best players, no question. Professional athletes tend to master their craft, Adams is a perfect example. Being critical of him early on was justified. Hindsight is always 20/20. Let it GO.
Are you worried posts like this will make you look silly?

D Droppal is up to his old tricks....at what point do you as a offensive coordinator consider cutting a player due to this? Adams while physically gifted, is becoming a liability on offense due to his lack of production.

Being critical is warranted and completely fine. But calling for him to be cut was silly even then. Bringing up the past may help some learn a little about player development and the notion that talent can be judged entirely by production.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So, take it up with the OP. The OP mentioned releasing Adams, NOT ME!

I never wrote anything was "off limits", nor, did I ever infer that only "unbridled praise" be allowed here. I simply pointed out the fact that many players are ripped on in year one or two, then turn it around and become adored stars like AR, Adams, Nelson, Bakhtiari etc.

If you disagree, fine. But, you are conflating my words with the words of other posters (the OP) regarding the "cut" someone mentality, a tangent of the overall topic that I never went into.

Then you "advise" that I leave these forums. Just who do you think you are anyway? What makes you think anyone wants or needs your advice? We can get better advice from a horse's ***. Does the site owner condone RRyder trying to kick people out of these forums?

Oh for pity sake...

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you worried posts like this will make you look silly?

Being critical is warranted and completely fine. But calling for him to be cut was silly even then. Bringing up the past may help some learn a little about player development and the notion that talent can be judged entirely by production.

I'm not worried about any of it. Hence the acknowledgment. It was a question that I asked, not a statement. Let it GO.

I

Why is it when we are on a great run do some people have to **** on the bonfire, and bring up irrelevant **** all the time ?? Yeah, some people called for his head. People called for Ross`s head for a couple of fumbles in his first year, people wanted Bostiks body burned on a pyre for his mistake. We are on the eve of a victorious season. Just enjoy it as a Packer fan.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it when we are on a great run do some people have to **** on the bonfire, and bring up irrelevant **** all the time ?? Yeah, some people called for his head. People called for Ross`s head for a couple of fumbles in his first year, people wanted Bostiks body burned on a pyre for his mistake. We are on the eve of a victorious season. Just enjoy it as a Packer fan.
Because it helps kill the time is my guess. Sunday was a long way away and we could only talk about things in the game for so long, as a result one of these threads were made. Remember that ridiculous one where that one person, I forgot his name, made the post about Minnesota winning the division? I was locked out of my account at the time, but I was aware what was going on, I'm sad I missed out on the fun.

I

Because it helps kill the time is my guess. Sunday was a long way away and we could only talk about things in the game for so long, as a result one of these threads were made. Remember that ridiculous one where that one person, I forgot his name, made the post about Minnesota winning the division? I was locked out of my account at the time, but I was aware what was going on, I'm sad I missed out on the fun.

Yes, but you learned a valuable lesson ;). I understand what you mean about killing time, but I just wish people would remember we are ALL Packer fans.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but you learned a valuable lesson ;). I understand what you mean about killing time, but I just wish people would remember we are ALL Packer fans.
Oh let's get one thing straight, I wasn't banned. It's just something happen with the login in which the verification code never showed up to my email. But yeah I did miss being here as the season played out.

As for us all being Packer fans, of course, but like with family there will be disagreements and fights. Luckily nothing has ever escalated to the point of being extremely toxic. I can't remember a time where that's ever happened.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I don't recall real well. I would not say I was a Davante hater. But I probably was thinking he did not look very good. Certainly did not expect him to become this good. And I hope he does his thing Sunday but I also hope he opens up other receivers.

I

Oh let's get one thing straight, I wasn't banned. It's just something happen with the login in which the verification code never showed up to my email. But yeah I did miss being here as the season played out.

As for us all being Packer fans, of course, but like with family there will be disagreements and fights. Luckily nothing has ever escalated to the point of being extremely toxic. I can't remember a time where that's ever happened.

My mistake for which I apologise. You`re a decent guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

When did I ever accuse anyone of "advocating cutting Gary"? Name one time. Just one time.

Improve your reading comprehension and you might understand I wrote they (i.e., the haters) are "tearing him to shreds". To elucidate, that's a metaphorical device meaning "being critical", which you clearly admit many are towards Gary.

Anyway, you can call "strait" (is that an island somewhere?) up bs all you want, but, I remember many complaints about Bakhtiari being too small, not a high enough pick to play at LT in front AR, played at weak Colorado U., etc., and everyone here knows that is the truth.

I don't care about your exact wording but you complained about posters being critical of Gary.

It's fair to question the selection of another OLB after signing the Smiths in free agency and be worried about his lack of production in college though.

With that being said I and most other posters being critical about the selection of Gary definitely want him to develop into an impact player for the team.

Adams had tons of drops in his 2nd year, that was what he struggled with.

It's true that Adams dropped some balls in his second season as well but it was obvious that him being injured significantly contributed to his struggles that year.

Reaction score
Davante Adams ProBowl dunk was spectacular. He did that so flawlessly and made a 360 Degree crossbar dunking look easy. As a GB fan, It was one of the better Probowls I’ve seen.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
???? Who is this referring too? It's a 9 month dormant thread.
That’s kind of the point... he started a thread just to troll about Adams back in January. Then went away and started virtually the same trolling topic with a new thread last night. They have since been merged by I’m assuming LTF.

Members online

Latest posts