Where are all the Davante Adams haters now ?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are in the Rashan Gary thread tearing him to shreds.

Just like they did to Adams, Nelson, N. Collins, Bakhtiari, Kenny Clark and even A. Rodgers his first few seasons.

So, next year we can have a similar thread about R. Gary...can't wait!

Who are these posters advocating cutting Gary? Name one. Just one.

Being critical of a player having a disappointing season (this is about the only thing that correlates but if that's not acceptable shut down the forum cause discussing players is now off limits) and saying a young player should be cut are completely different. I was an Adams defender after his sophmore season but anyone saying he didnt have a disappointing sophmore season was lieing just like the people saying Gary hasnt had a disappointing rookie season are lieing to themselves. That's NOT arguing that he should be cut or that he cant still develop

You're best running with the Clark comparison as people didnt like that pick at the time either (most people were just generally pissed the Packers passed on Myles Mack who most didnt think would fall that far) and was a developmental project. But if you do be prepared to have litteraly every pick that people didnt like that did turn out to be busts thrown back at you. (also one being drafted significantly higher might get brought up)

(And just like they did with Bakhtiari? Come on. Who did that? I won't speak on Collins or Jordy as I wasnt on this board that time but I find it extremely hard to believe people were trashing the 4th round pick hard before he stepped into the starting role. In fact I'm calling strait up bs on that)

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
Being critical of a player that has played poorly at one time or another is not even close to being the same thing as actually hating a player. And if that is the case virtually everyone who has ever posted here regularly would be a so-called "hater" and for obvious reasons.

Perhaps there should be a special forum hubris section for any pot-stirring instigators to have their fun?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Being critical of a player that has played poorly at one time or another is not even close to being the same thing as actually hating a player.

Perhaps there should be a special forum hubris section for any pot-stirring instigators to have their fun?
This sounds fun. Do we need a Chairman? I may be interested. :roflmao:

Reaction score
I nominate OldSchool101 to be chairman of the pot-stirring section of the forum. Is there a second?
We need someone that can express our complaints and hatred in such a way that is initially interpreted as formal, yet has a thread of degradation that floats under the radar of moderation.
I think I’m feeling up to that task :cool:
I accept your nomination

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, not one critic of Gary around here?...

I could add several more examples.

In fact, you have stated several times that the Packers would be better off had they drafted someone else. Kind of negative on Gary, no?

You even responded to the Sanguine camper quote above, but, as you say you never saw it. [sarc]

In fairness, I was critical of him as the 12th overall pick, for all the reason I mentioned. If you go check my comments back on that draft thread, I explained my reasoning, as well as said that I hoped I would be wrong about the pick and his impact.

I feel better about Gary now, but more from the effort issues brought up then than his immediate impact. We won't know for sure until he gets more playing time.

Also, I may be the only person (I know) who is rooting enough for Gary to succeed that I converted my old Clay Matthews jersey to a Rashan Gary jersey
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YmJz3a3qZk7GhAUL8 , so there's that :tup:.

And I don't recall ever being critical of Adams. Matter if fact, I was defending his rise when others on this board were crowing to bring in Wes welker;)

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fairness, I was critical of him as the 12th overall pick, for all the reason I mentioned. If you go check my comments back on that draft thread, I explained my reasoning, as well as said that I hoped I would be wrong about the pick and his impact.

I feel better about Gary now, but more from the effort issues brought up then than his immediate impact. We won't know for sure until he gets more playing time.

Also, I may be the only person (I know) who is rooting enough for Gary to succeed that I converted my old Clay Matthews jersey to a Rashan Gary jersey
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YmJz3a3qZk7GhAUL8 , so there's that :tup:.

And I don't recall ever being critical of Adams. Matter if fact, I was defending his rise when others on this board were crowing to bring in Wes welker;)
Hey sjb! How you doing!

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im Good! Playoff football! Looking forward to shocking the world this weekend. I like the underdog role. Very 2011 like.

D

Deleted member 6794

Really, not one critic of Gary around here?...

I could add several more examples.

In fact, you have stated several times that the Packers would be better off had they drafted someone else. Kind of negative on Gary, no?

You even responded to the Sanguine camper quote above, but, as you say you never saw it. [sarc]

As other posters have already mentioned there's a huge difference being critical about a player and advocating to cut him.

I didn't like the selection of Gary and his play during this season hasn't changed my mind. But I understand there's a chance he will develop into an impact player and there's absolutely no reason to even think about releasing him.

H

HardRightEdge

You would have released im in his rookie seasons for a few dropped passes !
It was after his second season that the bust talk reached its peak. McGinn and his followers led that parade. I was not among them.

It's not that I was pounding the table for him as a future Pro Bowler. However, you'd have been blind not to see the guy was playing injured, limping around on the field for a large chunk of that season when he wasn't sitting out 3 games. When a guy gets carted off the field you can pretty much figure it's not a minor ankle sprain and that was all over the subsequent tape.

It would have been foolish to not take a wait-and-see attitude for year 3. He showed enough in his rookie season to believe there was upside.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Who are these posters advocating cutting Gary? Name one. Just one.

Being critical of a player having a disappointing season (this is about the only thing that correlates but if that's not acceptable shut down the forum cause discussing players is now off limits) and saying a young player should be cut are completely different. I was an Adams defender after his sophmore season but anyone saying he didnt have a disappointing sophmore season was lieing just like the people saying Gary hasnt had a disappointing rookie season are lieing to themselves. That's NOT arguing that he should be cut or that he cant still develop

You're best running with the Clark comparison as people didnt like that pick at the time either (most people were just generally pissed the Packers passed on Myles Mack who most didnt think would fall that far) and was a developmental project. But if you do be prepared to have litteraly every pick that people didnt like that did turn out to be busts thrown back at you. (also one being drafted significantly higher might get brought up)

(And just like they did with Bakhtiari? Come on. Who did that? I won't speak on Collins or Jordy as I wasnt on this board that time but I find it extremely hard to believe people were trashing the 4th round pick hard before he stepped into the starting role. In fact I'm calling strait up bs on that)

When did I ever accuse anyone of "advocating cutting Gary"? Name one time. Just one time.

Improve your reading comprehension and you might understand I wrote they (i.e., the haters) are "tearing him to shreds". To elucidate, that's a metaphorical device meaning "being critical", which you clearly admit many are towards Gary.

Anyway, you can call "strait" (is that an island somewhere?) up bs all you want, but, I remember many complaints about Bakhtiari being too small, not a high enough pick to play at LT in front AR, played at weak Colorado U., etc., and everyone here knows that is the truth.

As other posters have already mentioned there's a huge difference being critical about a player and advocating to cut him.

I didn't like the selection of Gary and his play during this season hasn't changed my mind. But I understand there's a chance he will develop into an impact player and there's absolutely no reason to even think about releasing him.

See above.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did I ever accuse anyone of "advocating cutting Gary"? Name one time. Just one time.

Improve your reading comprehension and you might understand I wrote they (i.e., the haters) are "tearing him to shreds". To elucidate, that's a metaphorical device meaning "being critical", which you clearly admit many are towards Gary.

Anyway, you can call "strait" (is that an island somewhere?) up bs all you want, but, I remember many complaints about Bakhtiari being too small, not a high enough pick to play at LT in front AR, played at weak Colorado U., etc., and everyone here knows that is the truth.

See above.

The thread starts out talking about people that wanted to cut Adams and you made the Gary comparison.

If your correlating all posts/people that are simply being critical (or tearing players to shreds) and think that's off limits then I'd advise you to leave the forum because if the only discussion that's allowed is unbridled praise this place would be boring. Sometimes people get it right. Sometimes they dont.

As for Bakhtiari that's sounds much more like people being skeptical that a 4th round pick being capable of stepping in and protecting Rodgers blind side which when any 4th round pick steps in would be a valid concern. Which is a far cry from people wanting to cut Adams.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
The thread starts out talking about people that wanted to cut Adams and you made the Gary comparison.

If your correlating all posts/people that are simply being critical (or tearing players to shreds) and think that's off limits then I'd advise you to leave the forum because if the only discussion that's allowed is unbridled praise this place would be boring. Sometimes people get it right. Sometimes they dont.

As for Bakhtiari that's sounds much more like people being skeptical that a 4th round pick being capable of stepping in and protecting Rodgers blind side which when any 4th round pick steps in would be a valid concern. Which is a far cry from people wanting to cut Adams.

So, take it up with the OP. The OP mentioned releasing Adams, NOT ME!

I never wrote anything was "off limits", nor, did I ever infer that only "unbridled praise" be allowed here. I simply pointed out the fact that many players are ripped on in year one or two, then turn it around and become adored stars like AR, Adams, Nelson, Bakhtiari etc.

If you disagree, fine. But, you are conflating my words with the words of other posters (the OP) regarding the "cut" someone mentality, a tangent of the overall topic that I never went into.

Then you "advise" that I leave these forums. Just who do you think you are anyway? What makes you think anyone wants or needs your advice? We can get better advice from a horse's ***. Does the site owner condone RRyder trying to kick people out of these forums?

Last edited:

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There wasn't a single poster suggesting to release Adams during his rookie season but several wanted him gone in his second year in the league.

Adams being injured during his second season played a huge role in him struggling that year.

I haven't seen a single poster thinking that way about Gary.

Adams had tons of drops in his 2nd year, that was what he struggled with. As for Rashan Gary, he is regularly trashed in here.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Davante Adams’ pursuit of perfect route helps push Packers to brink of Super Bowl
Probably behind a paywall.
Adams showed flashes of greatness in his rookie season. Then 2015 happened. The regression. Adams has tried to wipe it from memory, seethes at how it continues to be mentioned, each reminiscence adding fuel. In truth, that year might have made him the player he is today. It reinforced what was necessary to be great.

The preceding offseason, Williams said, was the one time Adams did not train with him. Whether it led to regression is debatable — Adams was also injured — but his sophomore slump lit a fire.

“He dedicated after that 2015,” Williams says. “He made a commitment to the kind of player he wanted to be, and his first goal in life was to be that player. I just wanted him to play at the highest level he possibly could. Then whatever kind of player that makes you, so be it. At least when you get evaluated, let’s make sure they evaluate your best.”

Adams made a decision after that 2015 season: never again would he skip offseason workouts with Williams. They’ve worked together every year since, spring and summer. Williams, whose Twitter handle is appropriately @wideouts, tutors a collection of receivers across the NFL, from Tyreek Hill to Sammy Watkins, Kenny Stills to Tyrell Williams.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright...I see where some of this is directed. I'll be the first person to admit I was wrong about Adams but the pure truth is that he did have problems catching the ball early on, and that was very problematic at the time. He has blossomed into one of the league's best players, no question. Professional athletes tend to master their craft, Adams is a perfect example. Being critical of him early on was justified. Hindsight is always 20/20. Let it GO.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You would have released him in his rookie seasons for a few dropped passes !
Were you one of the haters? and are now trying to atone? You weren't here posting during his first few seasons so how can you prove you are not a fair weather advocate for him. I wouldn't call you out except you made a blanket statement in 2 threads over the past 2 seasons about it. Most posters were at a nexus after 2015 as in he either gets better or he gets gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts